Home

Black Saber WTH!?!

Can someone give me a serious reason of how a LIGHT saber can make darkness come out of it? seriously you can't put a black lens or construction paper over a flashlight and the light will be black it will still be white its as if All Star wars lightsaber canon read to much Calvin and Hobbes.

Even though I'm not even close to being a fan of the black lightsaber, I must say you're making way too big of deal out of this.

Here is the way to look at this. If you don't like it, don't use it. It's not like they're FORCING you to use the black color crystal.

In fact, if you really want to talk canon, having the gold and yellow lightsaber color blades shouldn't even been there too, yet there were and you're not complaining.

Well those have been seen in alot of other things kotor for one but that was uncannon sabers also yet they keep putting them in im pretty sure Zayne Carrick had a yellow blade.

I just didn't like the fact that the crystal changed in inside color when all other crystals change the outside which makes absolutly no sense in real life either but... its star wars canon that way.

I don't like any saber colors except blue, green, red and I'll make an exception for Mace Windu with purple. And I've kind of gotten used to yellow, from KotOR with Bastila and Zayne in the comics, but still would rather it didn't exist. So definitely not a fan of the black one, but oh well I just pretend it doesn't exist.

Well those have been seen in alot of other things kotor for one but that was uncannon sabers also yet they keep putting them in im pretty sure Zayne Carrick had a yellow blade.
So did many other characters that the EU came up with. The point you should think about is that no yellow blade never showed up in the movies, even when it was attempted to give Cin Drallig a yellow lightsaber. George Lucas wouldn't have any of it.

I just didn't like the fact that the crystal changed in inside color when all other crystals change the outside which makes absolutly no sense in real life either but... its star wars canon that way.
You sound more like you're just upset that the black saber showed up more than anything because you just don't like the concept. Again, you never have to use it. The biggest reason for it was to make some of the Star Wars fans happy, which would include colors not seen in the movies.

I don't like any saber colors except blue, green, red and I'll make an exception for Mace Windu with purple. And I've kind of gotten used to yellow, from KotOR with Bastila and Zayne in the comics, but still would rather it didn't exist. So definitely not a fan of the black one, but oh well I just pretend it doesn't exist.
I'm with you Moeller for the most part. Sometimes I like to experiment with the other colors for a bit, but it never lasts very long.

Of course we have to consider that even purple almost didn't make it to the movies if George Lucas didn't soften up to Sam Jackson's request which was because Lucas was a huge fan of Jackson and it was Jackson who said he would love to play in his Prequel movies which canceled Lucas' original idea for Mace Windu. Windu was going to be another alien on the Jedi Council, but since Windu was going to be the most powerful Jedi behind Yoda, Lucas honored him with that role.

• 2 weeks later...
Please tell me the Black Saber is in the Wii version! I never wear anything but the Sith Stalker armor and that would be perfect with it.:D
It's not. It's in the Xbox 360 and the PS3 versions.

I KNOW it is so gay, There has never been anyone in the history of SW that has a Black Saber, just WT??

It's not that no one has ever had black, but that black isn't a color. It's the absence of color, or a shade.

If you were to look at the ring nebula within the constellation Lyria, you would see what appears to be a blue doughnut. What you are actually seeing is a planetary nebula. In the center of that mass is what appears to be nothing, but what actually is there is a super intense star that is emitting ultra violet radiation and the blue ring is radiation florescing off the gas cloud. There is definitely a star there, but we just cannot see UV rays with our eyes.

It would make sense if the saber were a gamma saber that happened to be invisible, but emitted radiation like the ring nebula.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't see why people only think blue green and red are the only good colors, canon has showed us over the years that light sabers can project multiple types of crystals and rock, even synthetic material has been used. so there have been yellow, bronze, black, silver, blue, green and red. It's all been done so deal with it

But black isn't able to be projected as "LIGHT" i dare you cut a hole in a box put black paper over it turn the lights off and put a flashlight looking through the blackpaper so it goes through the hole on the other side it will be white, if you think it won't then you didn't pass science in grade 4.

Well this thread seems ridiculous, as it's just a color you're talking about. I suppose that Star Wars had Blue and Green being for the good guys and Red being the bad guys. If they made other colors, it would have worked to make it more difficult to know who's bad, but they still always have used red for that.

I think that people should not complain about something as silly as a color, as that means everyone could have their favorite if they wanted to. But a black saber really does not work. Black is not a color, it's the absence of light.

• 2 weeks later...
Well this thread seems ridiculous, as it's just a color you're talking about. I suppose that Star Wars had Blue and Green being for the good guys and Red being the bad guys. If they made other colors, it would have worked to make it more difficult to know who's bad, but they still always have used red for that.

I think that people should not complain about something as silly as a color, as that means everyone could have their favorite if they wanted to. But a black saber really does not work. Black is not a color, it's the absence of light.

You know, I thought this posting style sounded remarkably familiar. Then I saw this.

black isn't a color. It's the absence of color

Then I compared IPs.

Nice try, DY. Have a nice day. ;)

Archived