Home

New Mod idea for Star Wars Kotor II

Kreia001

Hi everyone.

I had an idea for a new mod for Star Wars Knights of the old Republic II.

This is the idea:

After the exile has defeated Kreia/Darth Traya at the Trayus Core she/he will try to find Revan in the unknown regions. But just when she/he leaves Malachor V with the Ebon Hawk, Kreia appears to be not dead and somehow she gets into space and takes one of the ships orbiting the planet to Ilum.

First the exile must visit 2 worlds to find Revan on the last world, all these worlds are in the unknown regions. On the first world she/he must help in a battle against the true sith. The Sith'Ari. If the Exile is dark side she/he can help the Sith'Ari, then if the exile helps the sith'ari she/he will leave for the second planet to conquer that planet too. But if he/she is light side she will help the people who live on that planet. Then she will leave to the second planet to liberate that planet.

After the second planet the exile will leave for the last planet Lehon, where she/he will find Revan. Revan appears to have fallen to the dark side and the exile will battle Revan and the exile will try to turn him over to the light side. If this will succeed Revan will die because of his injuries. If the exile is dark side Revan will join the exiles party after killing Atton.

Then they will try to leave to Coruscant but they must land at Ilum. There they will find Kreia in a hidden jedi academy. The academy is hidden in a mountain. There The Exile and Revan will fight their way (against jedi knights) to Kreia and eventually kill her. And after that The exile will turn on Revan and try to kill him. After that has happend The exile truly will become the new Dark lord of the sith. The Light side version will go like this:

After Revan died (turned to the light side then) on lehon The exile has got a vision of Ilum and Kreia. She is sure that Kreia is there and she will leave to Ilum. There she will find a hidden jedi academy (hidden in a mountain) and she must fight against other jedi knights to prove herself worhty to enter the Jedi Master rooms. After she has defeated the jedi (but not killed them) she will find Kreia in the Jedi Masters rooms. There they will talk and finnaly decide to return to the republic. And so that will be the true end of the game.

I hope someone will like this idea and make the mod, because i have really no idea how to make such a mod. So if someone is interested to make this mod, please contact me, And if the mod is completed i would like the mod to be placed at Fileforn the star wars kotor I and II website.

Good day to you all

Sounds very thoroughly thought out. It certainly would be interesting to see such an expansion for the game. Quick tip: Remove your e-mail address before RedHawke does.

so is it possible to make and would you like to do it?

I wish I could. But I'm still pretty new to the modding scene. You could ask some of the more experienced modders to do it. And I could lend a hand whenever I am needed. I really wish I could do it, this sounds like a really good mod.

I wish I could. But I'm still pretty new to the modding scene. You could ask some of the more experienced modders to do it. And I could lend a hand whenever I am needed. I really wish I could do it' date=' this sounds like a really good mod.[/quote']

Thanks, well, the problem is i dont know who are the more expierienced ones, and how i could contact them

I could provide witty dialogue, thats what I do, but just a question. Wouldn't it be cooler to have Revan in your party as a LS person. He was LS canonically, and since you choose the allignment of Revan at the beginning, shouldn't that be a deciding factor?

I could help with some basic 2da and UTI, UTC editing. And even sometimes I have no idea what I am doing. But other than that I have problems making a perfect mod set up on my PC. My Project Yavin mod (Master Zionosis version) is going funny as the Iridonian displays as some really funny characters even turrets and I can not play out the full mod. I still have not gotten to the part where you fight Trask. But if you need some very basic 2DA, UTI and UTC editing I can help (Hopefully)

I could help with some basic 2da and UTI, UTC editing. And even sometimes I have no idea what I am doing. But other than that I have problems making a perfect mod set up on my PC. My Project Yavin mod (Master Zionosis version) is going funny as the Iridonian displays as some really funny characters even turrets and I can not play out the full mod. I still have not gotten to the part where you fight Trask. But if you need some very basic 2DA, UTI and UTC editing I can help (Hopefully)

Okay thanks that you want to help, the more people the better

I could provide witty dialogue, thats what I do, but just a question. Wouldn't it be cooler to have Revan in your party as a LS person. He was LS canonically, and since you choose the allignment of Revan at the beginning, shouldn't that be a deciding factor?

Yes that is also a good idea, when we have asebled a team we could debate and edit, i have already 2 people who would help and you are the third, and if we could get one of the professionals with us, then we would succeed in making a good mod.

I have spent about a month trying to get something to happen after the end and it just doesn't work. For some reason the game goes black when you try to make something happen after the end. I am not quite sure why. Sorry.

Hmm, that is a problem, but if you would join our team, we could find a solution for this problem. So will you help us?

I'll help, I am really bissy with my own mods so I will only have time to help figure out the problem with not ending the game.

Okay, so do you have any idea how we could solve the problem that we could proceed the game after the Trayus Core?

Okay, because i have no idea how to make mods, and if we would succeed it would be a great mod wouldnt it?

Check out the tutorials around here and at Kotor2files. Modding is really easy to get into, and nearly possible to get bored with. I could alter some existing .TGA files for the mod if you would have me. I could add some ice effects to the occupants of Ilum if you like.

Check out the tutorials around here and at Kotor2files. Modding is really easy to get into' date=' and nearly possible to get bored with. I could alter some existing .TGA files for the mod if you would have me. I could add some ice effects to the occupants of Ilum if you like.[/quote']

Yes of course, that would be very good, we could use some parts of the Trayus academy and the jedi academy of Dantooine for the Jedi Academy on Ilum

I have no idea what the UTI and UTC etc are but yes, we would welcome your help

Yes, we could use Revan for something later, but we need your help, dialogs are very important

I have no idea what the UTI and UTC etc are but yes, we would welcome your help

A .UTI file tells the game what model, texture, description, etc... to use for the items in-game. You can't have items in-game without the matching .uti files. A .UTC file is pretty much the same, but for characters.

A .UTI file tells the game what model' date=' texture, description, etc... to use for the items in-game. You can't have items in-game without the matching .uti files. A .UTC file is pretty much the same, but for characters.[/quote']

Okay, that is what we also need, but what was your idea for the looking of the jedi academy on Ilum? And the two other planets?

A .UTI file tells the game what model' date=' texture, description, etc... to use for the items in-game. You can't have items in-game without the matching .uti files. A .UTC file is pretty much the same, but for characters.[/quote']

And what more idea's do you have? Or what would you change, and how long do you think it will take to create this mod?

I think so.

okay, so our first prioarity is to find that script, andy idea where we could start?

Edit: ok, now we have a team we should find a script that would allow us to make a further storyline after kreia dies at the Trayus Core, somewhere above you can find the script name, if you found the script send me the location. And if you have any other ideas or changes for the storyline, please tell them, they are more then welcome. After we would find the script, we shall begin with the mod

Okay, that is what we also need, but what was your idea for the looking of the jedi academy on Ilum? And the two other planets?

I could throw some effects and filters over the .TGA files of the area's you want to reuse, giving them a cold icy effect. I could change it to a slight gray scale and add some frosty tints.

I discovered a few months ago how to make it snow if it helps. Also I found the scripts and replaced them in the dialog file. I have also included an nss file for whoever scripts this to use. As soon as someone from this team pms me about this I will sent it to them.

Archived