Home

Obsidian CEO still wants to make KotOR 3

Char Ell

If you want quality gaming get a PS3. Better Graphics and Gameplay than a Wii. I know the difference because I have both.

Back on topic, I think that K3 still won't happen by Obsidian because they did not meet LA's ridiculous standards. In fact I think LA should just be shut down because all they produce nowadays is ****ty games. I say that LA get new staff.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic, I think that K3 still won't happen by Obsidian because they did not meet LA's ridiculous standards. In fact I think LA should just be shut down because all they produce nowadays is ****ty games. I say that LA get new staff.

it's funny LA has this ridiculous demands for games developed by other company's, yet the games they make in house stink,something is seriously wrong there...

I would love a KotOR III by Obsidian. LucasArts is such BS, their greed and unrealistic expectations for Obsidian ruined K2's potential, and Obsidian + the fan community suffers for it.

LucasArts isn't generating games for the sake of making a good game, they're doing it because they want cash money. Seriously, an MMO over a regular RPG? How can they continue a seriously plot and story driven series with an MMO? They're whoring out the KotOR universe just like very other aspect of the Star Wars mythos, leaving originality and creativity in the dust. I want to be engaged, entertained, and enriched when I experience a story. Storytelling is an art, and every medium of that art it seems is being corrupted by greed and an ignorant demographic that doesn't understand quality.

This new "Old Republic" game's saving grace will be Bioware's involvement, and it's reception will probably be great... it's still an original idea being jerked around, manipulated and milked to death for maximum profit.

Dude seriously I know!!! Everyone i talk to would much rather have a single player kotor 3 than a stupid mmo. Nobody wants that. And whoever does want TOR is messed up. When i beat kotor II i was stoked cuz i thought they would continue it. I want to know where revan and the exile end up(I know they went to the unknown regions and all) and i want to finish kotor. I think everyone here can justify with me that they want to finish kotor and find out what happens to revan and the exile. God it drives me insane that lucasarts would leave one of their top selling games in the dust like that, without even finishing the story!!! I have never played a star wars game with such a great and rich storyline. And the characters and just everything about the kotor games were just what made star wars......STAR WARS!!!! And now lucasarts and bioware have decided to crap on it with their mmo. And I think obsidian did a great job with kotor II. The only reason it had a few kinks in it was because of lucasarts just like this guy said above(sorry if i labeled you this guy i cant find your tag lol) had unrealistic expectations for them but overall the game was great! Obsidians kotor 2 would have been better than the first kotor if lucasarts didnt crap on them. I really hope lucasarts gives obsidian a chance to make kotor 3 the real single player how it was meant to be kotor 3. Not this stupid mmo crap. Frankly, I think they will end up making it. Because on all the forums ive been on, a majority of star wars fans like a MAJORITY like PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE doesn't want an mmo. So nobody is going to pay for it and hopefully lucasarts will realize they shouldve made a single player kotor 3. That is my two sense for the day!!!! I really hope lucasarts is reading this! In fact i should just send this to them. Seriously im pretty sure almost everybody here will agree with me that they would rather have a single player kotor 3 then an mmo. Sorry if this is really long but i am POed about this mmo crap and i know alot of people are.

I would still much rather have a k3 and not TOR. I am not playing tor no matter what. I want kotor 3. TOR is idiotic i dont know why lucasarts is doing it. It blows my mind

:parrot:

everyone has said the same thing a billion times. And I bet a billion dollars LA will just sit out and not listen

The Gaming industry is no different from the rest of the world. Like politics. If we had enough people, we should have started a campaign to convince people not to bye the new MMO game. LucasArts need to be taught a lesson :D They have to much power, and they seem to have become corrupted.

Bioware also disappoint me. They will finish the ME trilogy. No problem. So why the hell would they abandon KOTOR :confused:

No way will a MMO game tell me what did or did not happen with Revan or the Exile. Only a KOTOR III could do that!

Because they have no rights to the Star Wars name and the decision is up to LucasArts, not Bioware. They only act as a contractor when the franchise is not their own.

And so it may be. But since BioWare did such an amazing job on the first game, they would definitely be in position to choose if they wanted the responsibility of creating the second one as well. I think they had that option, but turned it down for some reason.

The Gaming industry is no different from the rest of the world. Like politics. If we had enough people, we should have started a campaign to convince people not to bye the new MMO game. LucasArts need to be taught a lesson :D They have to much power, and they seem to have become corrupted.

Bioware also disappoint me. They will finish the ME trilogy. No problem. So why the hell would they abandon KOTOR :confused:

No way will a MMO game tell me what did or did not happen with Revan or the Exile. Only a KOTOR III could do that!

Yeah i agree man! I hate it when they keep saying " The old republic is knights of the old republic 4 5 6 7 and more." Thats great lucasarts but um........WHAT HAPPEND TO REVAN AND THE EXILE?? Freekin idiots I swear. Sure they're all about profit now which is why they made the mmo but they already had a storyline for kotor 3 done finished and they were well into production b4 they cancelled it. If they want to please the fans and make money. Just freekin make both! That way everyone who wants a kotor 3 gets a kotor 3 and anyone who wants to waste their money on the mmo can. That simple. I used to have lucasarts phone number to their corporate office. I got it off a friend who had an interview with them on a game he thought of. But he said they were jerks to him so he just prank called them with that number haha. But i broke my phone and lost the number. Id really like to get through to them about kotor 3. They probably wouldnt listen but it would make me feel better just to try and convince them.

But you also have to remember - the name you gave the Exile is the Exile's real name - as we saw in K1, the name you gave Revan wasn't Revan's real name.

Sure, you could continue to refer to the Exile as the Exile, but is a rather generic title. And I don't think anyone wants the Exile to have an official name, either.

I always figured that LA could counter this by saying they used "code names" or make up a nickname to use for Exile that everyone happens to know her by.

LA is just a dumb company that won't listen to what others have to say. I should email GL in person!

ok im going jump in here.

first for all those who hate Lucas arts for giving K2 to obsidian

you should know they gave it to bioware but they gave it to obsidian

becuase at the time bioware liked making origianal projects like jade empire and mass effect. and if bioware had made K3 it wouldnt be good as after K1 bioware began making multipal projects i think they were making about 4 games at a time and 1 took 5 years.

plus i think obsidian did a good job on K2 sure that cut a lot of stuff out but they offered to put all the cut things in a downloadable but LA was like "noooooooooo!!!! lets make all the fans hope some modder makes it and then they will relise we hate them HAHAHAHA!"

the ending was my lol moment

LA is just a dumb company that won't listen to what others have to say. I should email GL in person!

I agree man. Dude i used to have their corporate office phone number no joke. But my phone broke so i lost it. I wish they would listen to us but nooooooooooooo they want money from their stupid mmo crap. More people want K3 and they already have star wars galaxies we dont need another mmo and they are already making profit on galaxies so it wouldnt even matter about the money side. K3 lucasarts! Thats what we want!!!!

We all know they won't listen. They believe us "common folk" are nothing but ranters, and that is partially true, since we are ranting and raving about the MMO. While I agree SW Galaxies is a fine enough MMO, the graphics and newer gameplay on TOR will attract more players, and thus more money for them.

More people want K3 and they already have star wars galaxies we dont need another mmo and they are already making profit on galaxies so it wouldnt even matter about the money side. K3 lucasarts! Thats what we want!!!!

We all know they won't listen. They believe us "common folk" are nothing but ranters, and that is partially true, since we are ranting and raving about the MMO. While I agree SW Galaxies is a fine enough MMO, the graphics and newer gameplay on TOR will attract more players, and thus more money for them.

I didn't know that they shouldn't be allowed to have another MMO because there is one already. Galaxies was, and is, awful. They've been hemorrhaging players for years now, ever since introducing 'improvements' that, according to general consensus, made the game worse.

There was never a clear promise of a third game, and I'd love to see the evidence that more people want a KOTOR3, as i'm pretty sure that the average gamer who played K1 and 2 wouldn't care if there was a third one or not.

We all know they won't listen. They believe us "common folk" are nothing but ranters, and that is partially true, since we are ranting and raving about the MMO.
You guys are out to lunch. LA/Bioware are making TOR because there is a huge demand for it and such games. Yes they are in it to make money because they are a company. That is what a company does. They aren't a charity. Everything is a cost/benefit analysis.

If you guys like what they make or how they do business, don't buy their products. That is how you really make a company sit up and take notice. If enough other people have the same view as yours, they will adjust their products accordingly. But you are kidding yourselves if you think TOR isn't going to have huge sales numbers. Why? Because a ton of people want to play it. So you can't say they are making something that no one wants. Like it or not.

Yeah i agree man! I hate it when they keep saying " The old republic is knights of the old republic 4 5 6 7 and more." Thats great lucasarts but um........WHAT HAPPEND TO REVAN AND THE EXILE??
They have explained that already, haven't they?

And if anyone wants to contact them and explain that the masses want K3, google is a great tool for finding out how to contact them...

http://www.lucasarts.com/company/contact/

http://www.mobygames.com/company/lucasarts

http://www.computerhope.com/comp/lucas.htm

You guys are out to lunch. LA/Bioware are making TOR because there is a huge demand for it and such games. Yes they are in it to make money because they are a company. That is what a company does. They aren't a charity. Everything is a cost/benefit analysis.

If you guys like what they make or how they do business, don't buy their products. That is how you really make a company sit up and take notice. If enough other people have the same view as yours, they will adjust their products accordingly. But you are kidding yourselves if you think TOR isn't going to have huge sales numbers. Why? Because a ton of people want to play it. So you can't say they are making something that no one wants. Like it or not.

They have explained that already, haven't they?

And if anyone wants to contact them and explain that the masses want K3, google is a great tool for finding out how to contact them...

http://www.lucasarts.com/company/contact/

http://www.mobygames.com/company/lucasarts

http://www.computerhope.com/comp/lucas.htm

Hey astor more people want a single player k3 than TOR sooooooooooooo many more fans. And prime as for our conversation i think they will make profit on TOR but its true that waaaaaaaaaay more fans want a single player k3. And im not saying they are making something that no one wants im saying there making something that not as many people want, more people want a single player k3. Also no they havent explained revan and the exile already. Revan went into the unknown regions to search for the true sith while the exile went to follow him. They kind of discontinued it. They could do so much mor. And by the way they were well into development on k3 b4 TOR and they had a complete storyline but the project got cancelled. They don't listen to the fans is what me and jonathon mkII are saying. But whatever. A company needs to make money i guess but it sucks.

Archived