Home

mod request recruit jedi on the ender spire

jedi7000nathan

Now could somebody make mod the allows you to recruit the jedi you see fighting a sith on the endar spire? i've already thought of how this could work the jedi survives the explosion and you give her a medpac that saves her life she replaces T3-M4 who actully has no use after taris so she has a high security skill. so thats pretty much it she follows you from the beginning to the end of the game :):)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Second that. Making her stay and/or replacing T3 isn't difficult, but she'll have no VOs nor any story behind her, even if you let her stay to the end of the story. Though it would be a very interesting mod if someone's got the creativity to create a backstory for her.

- Star Admiral

Second that. Making her stay and/or replacing T3 isn't difficult, but she'll have no VOs nor any story behind her, even if you let her stay to the end of the story. Though it would be a very interesting mod if someone's got the creativity to create a backstory for her.

- Star Admiral

I had always intended on creating a backstory, and recruiting someone for the voiceovers. I basicly lack the scripting skills.

All you'd really need is a female voice actor, and pretty much anything anyone could imagine would be possible... Except for the fact that she wouldn't interact with the other party members much... but then you could just replace Juhani!

SORRY BUT NO I UNLIKE SOME OTHERS DO LIKE JUHANI AND PERSONALLY T3M4 HAS NO PURPOSE IN THE GAME SINCE A CHARACTER WITH HIGH SECURITY CAN OPEN THE DOOR TO THE SITH BASE

Translation: (For those of us who understand that typing in all caps is rude and offensive)...

--------------------------------------------

Sorry but, no. I, unlike some others, do like Juhani and personally T3-M4 has no purpose in the game since any character with a high security can open the door to the Sith base.

--------------------------------------------

Note: jedi7000nathan no more all caps posts here. -RH

I am actually working on a recruitment mod for someone who replaces T3, but it won't be that Jedi...or a Jedi at all.

Instead, the Ebon Hawk will host another Sith Lord.

I kinda like the idea of that Jedi replacing Carth, but it'd require a lot of work to reconstruct the VOs and such.

Sorry but, no. I, unlike some others, do like Juhani and personally T3-M4 has no purpose in the game since any character with a high security can open the door to the Sith base.

Um, okay... I just figured that since not many people like/have a use for Juhani, it'd be best to replace her.

Why don't you just replace Bastila? Not completely of course, just whenever she's not in your party. On Endar Spire, Taris, Korriban, after the Leviathan, Lehon, etc. The story would have to be adapted of course so that she has a reason to leave when Bastila comes along. Perhaps she has some family on Taris.

Um, okay... I just figured that since not many people like/have a use for Juhani, it'd be best to replace her.

Why don't you just replace Bastila? Not completely of course, just whenever she's not in your party. On Endar Spire, Taris, Korriban, after the Leviathan, Lehon, etc. The story would have to be adapted of course so that she has a reason to leave when Bastila comes along. Perhaps she has some family on Taris.

no way never juhani is useful when fighting an army of dark jedi:mad: besides replacing juhani is bad idea because your just replacing a jedi with another jedi so its moot

jedi7000nathan, FYI this edit is not for you, I only edited here cause I deleted the off-topic posts and that made yours the last one in the thread. ;)

Everyone else, some post pruning done here and I think a reminder is in order on what can be posted here in the mod requests forum. Now as jedi7000nathan is the mod requester I need to remind you all that "why?" posts and discussions of who you would replace instead of what was requested are off-topic here, either post that you are making the mod, explaining how it can/can't be made, or simply move on. Any further of these off-topic posts and I will simply infract the posters. -RH

As far as generating and recruiting the replacement is concerned, that would be pretty straightforward. You could either use a spawning script and take the coordinates of her corpse as the position, with her spawning off one of Trask's lines after fighting the 2 sith at the bridge door or you could merely have her in the room on Taris when you awake, simply plotting coordinates in the git file for tar_m02af . There are several recruiting scripts you could probably use, but D333 has one in the following link that works well enough. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=131944.

If you replaced Juhani, you could edit her dialogue file to remove any references to the Cathar, her confrontation in the grove and incorporate as much of her dialogue as you care. This gives you the bonus of not having to do any VO, but also restricts you to what's available. You could add unspoken lines as well, which some have already done elsewhere. If you download the appropriate tools and check some of the tutorials and spend a little time....it is summer, afterall....you could probably do it yourself. Afterall, you're the one who more or less knows what you want to see. However, if you wish to replace T3M4, simply change the security skill in the .utc file of your jedi recruit to 99. When you go to the sith base door, don't just click on the door (it only tells you normal security levels are uselss) but instead "pick" the lock using your recruit. The door opens, thus rendering T3 unnecessary to the plot.

I suspect the dlg file and proper use of scripts may be your biggest time consuming headache.

hey guys,

sorry if i came across as trying to highjack the mod.

i really just wanted to Help out, because i too thought this could be a great concept.

:thmbup1:

i'm still learning and very new here.

You didn't mate. We encourage people to post creative posts, as long as the requester is ok with it. Now arguing "Why?" a requester wants something is spam. ;) -RH

Archived