Home

Death Star vs Star Forge?

Star Forge or Death Star?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Star Forge or Death Star?

• Star Forge
    • Death Star

i know, i know, the Death Star can blow up planets, but the Star forge has forcey stuff. The Star Forge controlled by Malak, vs Death Star Mk 1 controlled by Vader?

(Malak would probably be overcome by the Forge's power, unlike Revan, who only used it to his limits. Whereas Vader woould be more objective, but he wouldnt have the Infinite Fleet)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it depends on the Death Star/Vader. If the Death Star is in front of the Star Forge and is facing it, the Star Forge would be no more, because of the Superlaser. If the Star Forge has time to create fighters(not cruisers) they could fly in and destroy the Death Star with some torpedos. And just think of their sizes. The Death Star is as big as an entire planet but the Star Forge........well it is small(next to the Death Star).

Or maybe both is destroyed! The Star Forge creates fighters, the Death Star destroys the Star Forge with the Superlaser and then the fighters destroy the Death Star:D

So yeah the Death Star has my vote.

star forge, only becuase you can pop out so many ships and droids to fly said ships.

It takes time to make these ships... Furthermore there is no proof that the Revan/Malak's droids could pilot the ships themselves just because there are droids piloting ships by themselves almost 4000 years in the future doesn't mean it can be done in the kotor era . We see that there are plenty of humans on their Interdictor ships. And according to the SW databank on the sith fighters: ( http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/sithfighter/index.html ) Little concern appears to have been given to the to the comfort of the Sith fighter pilot, and only the most essential subsystems were included, this means that the pilots were "meatbags" otherwise they would need zero comfort for droids.

If the Star Forge has time to create fighters(not cruisers) they could fly in and destroy the Death Star with some torpedos.

Or maybe both is destroyed! The Star Forge creates fighters, the Death Star destroys the Star Forge with the Superlaser and then the fighters destroy the Death Star:D

The problem with this theory is that it took the rebels a long time to get the Death Star plans and then analyze them. Malak's fighters would have no clue of the death stars weakness.

agreed :)

Star Forge.

The Death star is nothing more than a weapon. The Star Forge is a factory more powerful than the economic force of the entire Republic at the time. It simply represented more destructive power than all shipyards and factories across thousands of worlds.

Let's also consider which one really presented the greater threat to the greatest number of people in Galaxy... that can only be the Star Forge.

Star Forge.

The Death star is nothing more than a weapon. The Star Forge is a factory more powerful than the economic force of the entire Republic at the time. It simply represented more destructive power than all shipyards and factories across thousands of worlds.

Let's also consider which one really presented the greater threat to the greatest number of people in Galaxy... that can only be the Star Forge.

Well, maybe the Star Forge was a larger threat to a galaxy but if these two Space Stations would have to face each other the Death Star would win.

EDIT: Well now that I think about it, maybe Revan or Bastilla could use the Battle Meditation to win:p

The problem with this theory is that it took the rebels a long time to get the Death Star plans and then analyze them. Malak's fighters would have no clue of the death stars weakness.

Well if Revan controls the Star Forge he could surely read Tarkin's or any officer's mind to know the Death Star's weakness.

"Destroy the entire planet."

"That's no planet. It's a space station, Lord Malak."

"Whatever, just destroy it!"

If this were the original Death Star, its superlaser couldn't wipe out the capital ships. The second Death Star was incomplete, so it would've been destroyed much more easily.

Well if Revan controls the Star Forge he could surely read Tarkin's or any officer's mind to know the Death Star's weakness.

Right so you want Revan (the way I interpreted the OP's post is that Malak's in control of it) to read Tarkin's mind in the middle of a battle across great a distance?(which would require incredible concentration which I have my doubts that Revan or Malak could do it) I don't see that happening, especially since Tarkin believed the death star to be indestructible, and the imperials only thought there was a chance after the rebels got into the trench. And even if they do somehow discover the exhaust port (if this is the first death star) then they still would have to get pass all the turrets, tie fighters, (who have 4000 year tech. advantage which would come into play) there still is no guarantee they can hit it. Even some of the rebel pilots didn't believe it was possible plus the first X-win who shot with a targeting computer (no doubt it was more advanced then it's kotor counterpart) still missed. Luke used the force to hit the exhaust port. (and he wouldn't have had the shot if not for Han)

The OP needs to add more details to this thread. Is this the first death star, the second death star as seen in ROTJ, or maybe a completed death star, location (idk maybe have the star forge's sun and the death star II's shield generator on endor be present) and if there are other fleets available.

Right so you want Revan (the way I interpreted the OP's post is that Malak's in control of it) to read Tarkin's mind in the middle of a battle across great a distance?(which would require incredible concentration which I have my doubts that Revan or Malak could do it) I don't see that happening, especially since Tarkin believed the death star to be indestructible, and the imperials only thought there was a chance after the rebels got into the trench. And even if they do somehow discover the exhaust port (if this is the first death star) then they still would have to get pass all the turrets, tie fighters, (who have 4000 year tech. advantage which would come into play) there still is no guarantee they can hit it. Even some of the rebel pilots didn't believe it was possible plus the first X-win who shot with a targeting computer (no doubt it was more advanced then it's kotor counterpart) still missed. Luke used the force to hit the exhaust port. (and he wouldn't have had the shot if not for Han)

The OP needs to add more details to this thread. Is this the first death star, the second death star as seen in ROTJ, or maybe a completed death star, location (idk maybe have the star forge's sun and the death star II's shield generator on endor be present) and if there are other fleets available.

Well that's true. We need more detail. But let's just say that the Death Star is complete and the Star Forge doesn't have any fleet around. And it is controlled by Revan. The Superlaser would wipe out the SF even if there were a great fleet around.

Well that's true. We need more detail. But let's just say that the Death Star is complete and the Star Forge doesn't have any fleet around. And it is controlled by Revan. The Superlaser would wipe out the SF even if there were a great fleet around.

Why not just say the Death Star's superlaser wasn't operational yet? Or better, that it had to charge for a shot; the Star Forge could produce enough starships to wipe out the Death Star's focusing crystals before it could open fire.

The Death Star also would have been wiped out by that disruption field and been pulled into the star's gravitational well.

Why not just say the Death Star's superlaser wasn't operational yet? Or better, that it had to charge for a shot; the Star Forge could produce enough starships to wipe out the Death Star's focusing crystals before it could open fire.

The Death Star also would have been wiped out by that disruption field and been pulled into the star's gravitational well.

Okay you made a point with the charging thing and the focusing crystal but the Distruptor field:raise: The Death Star is as big as a planet. That Distruptor field is not strong enough to pull the Death Star anywhere. But yeah you made a good point.

I seriously doubt it can produce that many number of ships in day. Plus they need to have the manpower for it. I think people have the wrong the wrong idea on just how fast the star forge can produce a ship like the interdictors. It's a giant weapons factory, but it still takes some time for it to produce capital ships. BTW where are the focusing crystals in the death star?

We have no clue how close the planet was to the star forge and im not sure if there was a range given for the Death Star's superlaser. That is important information.

I honestly don't think this thread is doable. The starforge and the death stars were two completely different type of "superweapons" with different purposes. One was intended to be a weapons factory with an infinite source of energy to allow it contruct ships,droids and other war related material 24/7. While the other was built to strike fear in any potential rebels, destroy planets and be the ultimate battle station. The ships that the star forge can produce is at a disadvantage from the start due to the 4000 year tech. gap. You really can't compare the two. In any fair scenario the GE has the tech. and probably personal advantage.

I think that the Star Forge could manufacture technology from 4000 years in the future, but just need to be provided samples in which to duplicate.

I also agree that this is an unfair competition and comparison. You could eliminate the Death Stars with the Galaxy gun, the Star Forge could overwhelm entire star empires where the DS represents one 'invincible' weapon.

I think that the Star Forge could manufacture technology from 4000 years in the future, but just need to be provided samples in which to duplicate.

It probably could, in fact it wouldn't surprise if the star forge had a fair amount of hardware from the the future, then I suspect the hybrid products would be better then the original.

I also agree that this is an unfair competition and comparison. You could eliminate the Death Stars with the Galaxy gun, the Star Forge could overwhelm entire star empires where the DS represents one 'invincible' weapon.

I completely agree, with you. This thread has too many what if scenarios.

The Death Star: cutting-edge technology, humongous size, sheer planet-obliterating power. It'd erase the Star Forge in one shot.

The Star Forge would erase the Empire before they could build the battlestation. Without an Empire, the Death Star would be pointless.

Compare one invincible weapon to an infinite fleet... obviously the power of the Star Forge equals the strength of entire empires. Just because it could be wiped out by a few capital ships doesn't make it any less powerful. What can the death star do? Destroy planets. What can the star forge do? Conquer the galaxy, that's what!

Lets look at it this way: The Star Forge has its fleet surrounding it. The Death Star has its fleet and a fully charged superlaser.

The Star Forge fleet (which is constantly churning out new ships) engages the Imperial fleet. The Death Star fires its superlaser, but the blast takes out a Sith Cruiser instead of its intended target. The Star Forge continues to churn out Dark Side powered ships, which decimate the Imperial fleet. In about a day, the Imperial fleet is gone, the Death Star is fully charge, but the Sith battle fleet has blocked off all chances of the Death Star hitting its target. The Sith cruisers engage and destroy the Death Star, and the Sith Empire wins.

This isn't even considering the effect the disruptor field could have on the battle. That energy field alone would probably destroy or maroon more Imperial ships than all of the Star Forge ships.

The Star Forge would erase the Empire before they could build the battlestation. Without an Empire, the Death Star would be pointless.

Riiight, well the Death Star would erase the Star Forge as it is being built or the sun it is leeching energy from. Like seriously, you can't argue against a goddamn superlaser.

Riiight, well the Death Star would erase the Star Forge as it is being built or the sun it is leeching energy from. Like seriously, you can't argue against a goddamn superlaser.

Oh they will try Sabre, they will try. ;)

Though Red has her own massive Factory Battle Station(s) of her own and those would rule them all! :xp:

1. Can SF make ships fast enough before being destroyed by DS' superlaser?

2. Can the ships destroy DS before the superlaser hits SF?

3. Can SF withstand the DS' superlaser ?

AFAIK, Star Forge's durability isn't even close to a planet. Even if both of them have their own ships at start, I'm pretty confident to say that the Imperial Fleet will buy some time for DS to destroy Star Forge with the superlaser.

Death Star ftw.

I'm with Darth Yuthura on this one. The Death Star is no more then a shall of a weapon. Where's the Star Forge is draws its on the dark side of the force. Yes, the death star has a super laser and can blow up things, but the Star Forge has the ability to use the force to corrupt users and species. The Star Forge corrupted the minds of the Rakatan which caused a civil war that, coupled with a plague, pretty much wiped out the species, apart from a few forgotten tribes on the Rakatan homeworld.

And besides, in KOTOR I, we never saw the Star Forge's potential. Revan limited his use's of the Forge when he was in power and Malak didn't use it too much either because he was busy searching for Bastila and her crew. Heck, the thing could have created a shield to block the Death Stars laser or maybe something far worse...

And another point I would like to add is that, it took a whole fleet to destroy the Star Forge. It took only one X-Wing fighter to destroy the Death Star.

Well, it's funny that the SF proponents conveniently overlook the fact that the SF, coupled w/Bastila's Battle Meditation can't overcome a smaller Republic fleet in a LSM/F Revan setup. If the "awesome" SF can't overcome that, what hope has it against a moon sized battlestation that annihilates whole planets for kicks. Of course, if the DS's weak point were known to the SF forces, it's a different game. But if the DS caught the SF unawares......no more SF.

Archived