Home

[TSL]Kreia's Robe for Male+Fem Exile

Revan's Will

Hey community, what's up? Anyway, I was curious if it would be possible to mod Kreia's robes so that the female and male exile could wear them, (the male robe obviously edited to fit anatomically). And to have the hood cover to the eyes like Kreia's does. I think this would add a more realistic feel when you are playing a dark side char, the hood to the eyes like Sidious and Traya. Would this be doable? I am not sure if this has been asked for or attempted before, but in my searches I haven't found it. Please give it some thought and reply on what you think. Thanks.

P.S-If any of you could help me with my tech prob-The Work Bench-Works and Doesn't work post. Thanks again.

For the female body, it could be done relatively easy... you would just have to make a model and remove Kreia's head. For the male... you'd likely have to do quite a bit of modeling to do it... but it could be possible.

I'm not a modeler so I'm not positive on what would be possible or not.

If it's good enough of an idea, I'm sure someone will pick it up.

1 probably yes and 1 probably not, maybe a more experienced(No offense Dac) modeller could answer this better. But yes, puppet, i agree I think it could could be done. Based on what i've seen in most mods, it seems doable, but I don't know for sure. As an example-the feminine Revan model, that was doable, why not this? We shall see who posts. Thanks for your input Varsity and Dac, I hope you'll stick around to support this idea.

The feminine Revan model was a disguise. There doesn't seem to be a limit of what you can do with them. You are talking about making a new robe, which is impossible thus far.

You might be able to make this an available model, then edit a .2da files so that it becomes your characters base clothing.

You can't add new model variations in the appearance.2da.. tried it.. didn't work.

You would either have to replace an existing model (Star Forge Robes anyone?)

Or alternately, it would be quite complicated and requiring probably some scripts, you could link 2 appearance rows with an "##" to link them. I'm not sure exactly how this would work, but it's the same process used for the Handmaiden.

Alternatively, you could create a new appearance.2da row for each selectable pc head, with different model variations than what is the default (instead of PMBEM, replace it with N_OndOff). The actual uti item would be a disguise that links to one of the new appearance rows. If you were caucasian male 1 (the shaved one with the soul patch), it could be scripted into the game to give a particular disguise item that gives you the appearance of yourself but with different body models than normal. Using this concept, you could simply add this "Kreia Robe" as a personal disguise item.

Yeah, kind of complicated and not particularly efficient, but I think it could work.

EDIT: I just realized something. In k1, the class you chose determined your height/size. It doesn't for k2, yet there are still 3 rows for each pc selection anyways. As far as I can tell, these rows are identical. With a simple editing of portraits.2da, these extra 2 rows could be rendered useless and we could use them for something else.

Sounds like it's doable, complicated? Most likely. Well if the rest of you are willing to go to bat for this idea, I propose either we recruit some modders, or we can try and do it ourselves, or both. When and if the mod is finished, i think we should make a few color varieties as well, that's if it is completed. Let me know what you think, and anyone willing to help or give input is more than welcome. Let's get this thing off the ground.

Alright... I made a little test mod (skins and 2da only) and of course I ran into many issues.

The first is of course clipping. Most of the female characters have ponytails, and therefore most of their hair clips right through the hood. If this were to be done, a modeler would have to make the hood slightly bigger, or of course go to a great length to make reskins to accommodate every model that has clipping. Could be done, but once again, many a reskins.

The second is of course that be erasing some of Kreia's head, the inside of the hood seems to be missing. This could certainly have been my doing by erasing too much of the skin, but if not... then it's another problem.

So yeah. We're not going to make progress until we get a modeler.

Dispite the issues, I'm glad to hear this, progress is progress. Varsity do you know of any modeller that would be willing or has some time to help with this? I have pmed someone who modded something for me once and am waiting to hear back from him. Good work so far though.

Archived