Home

how to make a really good character

MaceLyden

Giving yourself a HIGH constitution seems to help a lot. See, at parts that I normally do really bad, this last time through KOTOR I didn't have NEARLY as much trouble, and I think it's definitely from starting out with a constitution of 18 and finishing with it being about 21 or so.

I think about it like this--the longer you last in battles, the better you do overall in the game. So, I naturally at first thought that a high dexterity would be most prominent. but, I realized that even if that's pretty high, it doesn't effect how much the enemies hit--and armor helps too, but still also not that much. But if you know that the enemies are going to hit anyway, why not make it so their hits don't matter as much? get more heath and you're good.

I'm going to see what I can do with a jedi sentinel in TSL with a high CON and WIS, so see how universal I can make my character.

but anyway these are just my findings. what do you guys think? have you come up with anything better? please share, I want to see what else is out there and try it.

I just roll with a Scoundrel/Consular in K1

And a Consular Sith Lord/Jedi Master in K2

Force powers make things go away too... :D

(Though I do actually roll my characters stats up on the side with 4D6 and drop the lowest die 6 times and arrange to taste, then edit it into the 2da file that handles it and simply click recommended... but that's just me.)

haha well yeah class matters too, but I'm talking about ability modifiers. have you guys done anything that seems to make a big difference in how easily you go through the game?

constitution and wisdom seem to be my magic ingredients. I'm not sure how they will do together though.

Dexterity and Intelligence. Dexterity to improve my defense' date=' and Intelligence because it allows you to eliminate your enemies without actually having to fight them sometimes.[/quote']

that, I must admit, is an interesting combination. Have you done significantly better at hard parts throughout the game when you use this idea instead of others? As I said before, I have not found dexterity to be a very helpful attribute, but if you say it helps you, I may stand corrected.

that, I must admit, is an interesting combination. Have you done significantly better at hard parts throughout the game when you use this idea instead of others? As I said before, I have not found dexterity to be a very helpful attribute, but if you say it helps you, I may stand corrected.

Yeah, though I must admit... The reason its so helpful to me, is that I tend to use KSE to raise it higher than normal.

Giving yourself high consultion always helps, especially if you're a soldier/jedi guardian. Intelligence is also important because you can spend more points on your skills if your Intelligence is high. Lastly I would choose Strength, because if you're a weak fool you will get killed in seconds no matter your CON. I never use armors(as a jedi) because it restricts my force powers. I always use powerful Jedi robes(or I create sometimes:p). And for the weapon it is always and advantage if you have 2 weapons(not double-bladed sabers pr quarterstaffs).

• 2 weeks later...

I alwayd play as a scout/consular with 16 (later 20, /+5 :dev7:) wisdom, high dexterity, and average strength (there are some special gauntlets, so it isn't that important ;)), constituition, charisma and very low intelligence (8 /-1).

As force powers and feats, use the combination of master dual wielding, master flurry and master speed. (5 attacks per round, it's very powerful.)

Archived