Home

Anyone for tennis?

leXX

Any other tennis fans out there? I've grown up watching tennis, and I love it, especially Wimbledon. Huge fan of Andy Murray right now, not only because us Brits have finally got a good tennis player, but because he is Scottish, and as some of you know, I'm half Scottish myself.

I enjoyed both the recent French Open and Queens, and watched them fully. Very happy for Federer finally getting his complete set of Grand Slams, and for Murray being the first British tennis player for over 70 years to win Queens.

So, what is your favourite player/tournament? Please tell me I'm not the only one who enjoys settling down to watch a good couple of weeks of tennis.

I don't really watch tennis or play it (I am horrible at it). But, I do pay attention to what's going on and usually catch most of the highlights.

I'd have to say Federer is my favourite tennis player. Watching him complete the Grand Slam was certainly a sight to see. Other than that, I loathe Nadal too. :p

I took tennis class last semester. I got an A, but that doesn't mean I didn't suck at it. It did get me a bit more interested, now that I know what's all going on. I meant to watch the French Open, but by the time it started I totally forgot about it. I'm watching the WTA right now. And... enjoying it. >.>

Well, so you guys don't forget, Wimbledon starts this Monday June 22nd. How is the event coverage in other countries? It's certainly a huge event over here, and Brits go tennis mad for 2 weeks. It's on the BBC non stop. I can't wait!

Maria Sharapova

maria.sharapova.jpg

<3

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
simonahalep.jpg

I'm kind of take it or leave it when it comes to anime, but as a longtime fan of street fighter: If only for that "movie" Maria Sharapova would cosplay as:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Cammy White

cammy_remix.gif

Heheheh-heheh.

Well, so you guys don't forget, Wimbledon starts this Monday June 22nd. How is the event coverage in other countries? It's certainly a huge event over here, and Brits go tennis mad for 2 weeks. It's on the BBC non stop. I can't wait!

I get the Tennis Channel, which pretty much just plays tennis all day. Otherwise, I think it plays on ESPN quite a bit when there's a tournament on.

I should be able to watch a good portion of Wimbledon, as long as other people aren't up around the house. It should be playing live in the early morning here.

I have the full replay of the final Nadal vs. Federer game from last year set to tape. Apparently it was pretty epic. We'll see if I can ever find time to watch it though.

Archived