Home

Obama pwns fly

Salzella

barack badass obama gets yelled at by peta, unsurprisingly.

President Obama has proven that he is enormously skillful at killing flies and, not surprisingly, PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) is none too pleased about it. It shouldn't come as a surprise, then, that the PETA Obama fly swatting story is being covered by numerous media outlets, including MSNBC. Indeed, the PETA Obama fly swatting story is creating quite a buzz.

The PETA Obama fly swatting story all started when President Obama sat down for an interview at the White House with CNBC's John Harwood. The two men were about to discuss the nation's economic woes when, suddenly, a pesky fly started buzzing around the president's head. And that fly was extremely persistent.

As luck would have it (not for the fly, for Obama) he landed right on the president's left hand, opening up an opportunity for Obama to move in for the kill - and that's exactly what he did. President Obama took his right hand and swatted that poor fly back into the Stone Age.

When I saw the clip on TV, I couldn't help but laugh. It was a classic Obama moment and I just knew that a video of the Obama fly swatting incident would go viral on the web. In fact, the headline I immediately envisioned - Obama Kills a Fly - was quickly adopted by numerous bloggers.

But I also knew that animal rights activists would express their displeasure over the Obama fly swatting incident.

And right I was. The PETA Obama fly swatting story is all over the news.

"He isn't the Buddha," said PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said in a statement. "He's a human being, and human beings have a long way to go before they think before they act."

PETA's detractors have long thought that the organization is far too radical.

For instance, many people were outraged when PETA compared slaughtered chickens eaten for food to the slaughter of 6 million Jews and others during the Holocaust. The name of the ad campaign was "The Holocaust on your Plate."

And now the PETA Obama fly swatting incident has got some people once again shaking their heads in disbelief at PETA.

Here is what commenter Rebecca Alford had to say about the matter on MSNBC's web site:

"Are you kidding me? PETA is upset because Obama killed a fly? Comments like this take away from their organization's credibility and make them look ridiculous. Are there not any other situations they could make an intelligent comment about this week?"

Apparently not, Rebecca.

obama isn't buddha.

PETA, flies are insects, not animals. :carms:

[HK-47]Mockery: Oh Master, you are the salvation of the left and we adore you, but we hate you for killing a pathetic insectile meatbag.[/HK-47]

On another note, I was initially horrified of the thought of Obama running the country because everyone portrayed him as an extreme left-winger. Then he gets elected and I find out he is one of least ideological, most balanced, practical, and intelligent of our politicians. Then I find out that he has teeth when he orders three Somali pirates killed at the same time, and now I find out that he has badass fly-slaying skills!

If this is what happens every time my preconceptions are proven wrong, I hope to God that my preconceptions are always wrong. Obama's turning out to be everything I wanted in a President.[/RANT]

Anyway, I'm probably hyping this up...:D

Get.

Over.

Yourself.

it's a vaguely humorous, light-hearted thread and yet people insist in coming in and going "it's only a fly omg omg omg pfffft", maybe believing that taking it terribly serious makes them look very very serious themselves. it doesn't. please stop.

when I first heard this story I thought jokingly "I bet PETA would be upset". Surprise, surprise...

The only real surprise would have been had they passed on making any comments. :lol:

I hate PETA with all my heart..

You aren't alone. :D

Archived