Home

IndyJones.net Staff of Kings Reviews - now up!!

The Tingler

At long last I've finally finished the reviews! Got a little worried there when the Mojo network went down for a bit, but it's back and we're done!

I've been playing both the Wii and PSP versions for a week and have been gathering opinions on the PS2 and DS versions, so now at last may I present Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings - The IndyJones.Net Ultimate Review!

Read about the Wii/PS2 versions here, and the PSP/DS versions here.

We've also been collecting any decent online reviews over the past couple of weeks, which you can check out on our Staff of Kings Reviews page. Still not sure? Well, then we've got links for Gameplay Videos for all versions now up on our Images & Videos page for the game (I apologise for not embedding them directly, but they're widescreen and muck up our current design something horrible!<p>

Hope you're enjoying whichever version you went for, but if you held off buying until you got some informed opinions from Indy Fans, hope this helps! Also, all the reviews currently out there seem to be for the Wii version only, so hope my rough guides and PSP review evens that out a bit for you!

Ok Tingler, thanks for your help. I REALLY appreciate it. I have finally decided myself. I will buy the PSP version, and get the PS2 version from a friend or something like that (cuz they will probably hate it).

Oh and hey, I saw some user reviews at Gamespot of the PSP version and they said their time spent was between 10-40 hours! When I saw that I was like WTF. Is this true? You said the game was pretty short.

Ok Tingler, thanks for your help. I REALLY appreciate it. I have finally decided myself. I will buy the PSP version, and get the PS2 version from a friend or something like that (cuz they will probably hate it).

Oh and hey, I saw some user reviews at Gamespot of the PSP version and they said their time spent was between 10-40 hours! When I saw that I was like WTF. Is this true? You said the game was pretty short.

10-40 hours?! You could probably finish the game in an hour or two! I assume they're just replaying the levels constantly to get all the awards and things, plus they must be obsessive Time Trial players.

Either that or they're really, really crap at the game! :D

10-40 hours is a pretty big margin though!

The Wii version's definitely the one to get, but I think I got the best experience playing that AND the PSP version. They complement each other well.

It's just a shame that considering it's been six years since the last Indy game all these versions feel like they were made in a short, tight time schedule.

Yeah, I know I said this earlier, but haven't you noticed almost all of the rumors about the game were true? I mean, the PEGI ratings for handheld, the Surfer Girl rumors (well, not all of them)... all were true! She said that the Wii was the primary SKU for the game, and it was! The site Gone is Gone had a demo for PS2, which looks so much like the actual game!

Oh, and another thing. Can you believe what all of us fans have been through on the past years waiting for this game? Maybe we should make a summary of all that.

Yeah, I did notice about the rumours. They were all very strong... well, except for the one where the Wii version was coming out alongside the Indy IV DVD release. Or that Staff of Kings was definitely coming out before Lego Indy. Or that the book was coming out long before the game.

Both me and MixnMojo have done a short summary of the painful events, but a full chronicle would just drive us mad.

On the other hand, if I've got a spare moment I might write a timeline...

OK guys, IGN gave the game a 5/10, Gamespot 3.5/10, and other ratings aren't any more rewarding. So I think we have a conclusion: this game was another FAILURE. It's really sad, cuz Indy fans seem to have NEVER gotten the real 3D Indy experience. I wonder when will we get it...

Another? I really enjoyed all of the Indy games so far. This is just easily the worst one.

You're right though. I had hoped this was going to be the perfect Indy game. All they had to do was remove the faults from Emperor's Tomb and it would've been great. Instead they screwed it up royally, got cancelled, and sent the sub-version out to recoup some of their losses.

• 3 weeks later...
Another? I really enjoyed all of the Indy games so far. This is just easily the worst one.

You're right though. I had hoped this was going to be the perfect Indy game. All they had to do was remove the faults from Emperor's Tomb and it would've been great. Instead they screwed it up royally, got cancelled, and sent the sub-version out to recoup some of their losses.

I am a huge Indy fan but the only ones I have played is Fate of Atlantis and this one. I am satisfied. It got some getting used to but I also was disapointed. They rushed it and didnt do a good job. If thay wouldve taken there time they probably would have had a pretty good game. They should of waited for the wii motion plus to be released and make it Motion Plus compadible. That in my opionion would of made a over all great game. Its the graphics and the movments that anoy me. By the looks of the trailor I thought it was going to be like your watching a Indiana jones movie exept your playing it. Thats what made me rush out and buy it. I still like it though.

Archived