Home

Executor vs. any other ship from the KotOR

Demongo

Do you think that a ship from the KotOR era could destroy the Executor?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that a ship from the KotOR era could destroy the Executor?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

If someone didn't know, the Executor is Vader's personal Super Star Destroyer

And it is big..........very big:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
SW_Executor_01.jpg

So can you find any Cruiser/ Star Destroyer from the Kotor era that could destroy it?

Of course if an entire fllet would attack it at once it would be destroyed, but I am thinking of a one on one "combat":D

So let's clarify things first:

Both ships are working at 100% capacity, without ANY damages. They don't have any aid, except the fighters they can carry inside the Hangar. We are in deep space, no planet/space station/asteroid field is near. So? What do you think? Is it possible to destroy it or not?

EDIT: Oh I don't know what happened to the title. Sorry I meant "Executor vs. any other ship from the KotOR era"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people make all these comparisons that can't really be compared?

4000 years ago, they had technology that was essentially superior to that from 4000 years in the future. They had personal stealth generators, thermal detonators, disruptors, and touchscreens. Some of these already existed in the original trilogy, but they still hadn't perfected cloaking devices for small ships, nor invented touchscreens in the future. This kind of argument is a paradox of future technology being inferior to past technology because the KOTOR era was created after the original trilogy era.

I would say that there are a very wide range of possibilities when you say 'yes,' but that 'no' means that there are 4000 year's worth of ships that can't rival Executor in their prime.

Source?

Given this was one of the top ship designs of the time, it is clear, given how dwarfed the Leviathan is by the Executor; I can't believe you a seriously questioning a Source on this however...

The Leviathan was a 600 meter-long Interdictor-class Cruiser, capable of wrenching ships out of hyperspace with the use of its four gigantic gravity-well projectors. While primitive by later standards, it was the pinnacle of interdiction technology in its time. It was also equipped with 20 quad laser cannons, a tractor beam projector, four turbolaser batteries and two ion cannons.

Compared with the Executor...

Designed by starship engineer Lira Wessex as a successor to the original Imperial-class Star Destroyer, the Executor, at a monumental 19,000 meters in length, represented the largest traditional warship the galaxy had ever seen by the time of its completion. The Executor bristled with more than 5,000 weapon emplacements, enough firepower to blast any planetary surface to slag in hours, and a military complement capable of annihilating any ground installation.

Indeed given that there is some 4,000 years of technological gain, I would doubt any KotOR era ship would beat an average Star Destroyer, let alone the Executor...

Links;

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_I-class_Star_Destroyer

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Executor

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Leviathan

You can check the sources if you really want, but it would seem to me a matter of logic that a 19 kilometre long ship would have a lot more guns than a 600 meter long one...

It's like saying that the 4000 year old predecessor of the modern Star Destroyer could destroy a modern Super Star Destroyer. Not happening.

The Ebon Hawk, however, might be fast enough to pull off a Rebel Alliance feat and destroy the Bridge. Or the crew gets captured, rescued, and kills whatever Saul Karath is in charge. ;)

It's like saying that the 4000 year old predecessor of the modern Star Destroyer could destroy a modern Super Star Destroyer. Not happening.

The Ebon Hawk, however, might be fast enough to pull off a Rebel Alliance feat and destroy the Bridge. Or the crew gets captured, rescued, and kills whatever Saul Karath is in charge. ;)

The first person who thinks about other ships, not just the Leviathan or Hammerhead cruisers:D I said "ship" in the title not "cruiser" or "Star Destroyer".:D A small ship like the Ebon Hawk could destroy the bridge, without being killed. The turbo-lasers are powerful but not fast enough for a ship like the Ebon Hawk. But if the TIE-Fighters come into the fight.............

Given this was one of the top ship designs of the time, it is clear, given how dwarfed the Leviathan is by the Executor; I can't believe you a seriously questioning a Source on this however...

Compared with the Executor...

Indeed given that there is some 4,000 years of technological gain, I would doubt any KotOR era ship would beat an average Star Destroyer, let alone the Executor...

Links;

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_I-class_Star_Destroyer

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Executor

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Leviathan

You can check the sources if you really want, but it would seem to me a matter of logic that a 19 kilometre long ship would have a lot more guns than a 600 meter long one...

Ok, first, I know it has more guns. I was asking for a source on the up to 100 guns bit.

Sheesh.

Yeah, a Laviathan-class ship rams the Executer. Resulting in the Executer being destroyed.

That covers the question, which doesn't specify the ship must also survive.

That's a... bold statement. I'm going to have to go with the Ebon Hawk. With Carth and Bastila at the controls, and Revan manning the turret, they could destroy the bridge, or wreak havoc from the inside.

The Executor has Deflector shields, which also work against ramming and projectiles.

Source?
No direct source. Counting all points laser bolts were shot from at the destroying of Taris. Thats less than 100. 0_0

How do you come to <100 when the ship didn't fire all its lasers during those scenes?

How can you be sure of Executer's compliment? Maybe the technical manuals were wrong. I certainly don't remember seeing a dozen laser points at any point on Executer in TESB or ROTJ. Maybe the lasers on Laviathan were ten times as powerful as those on Executer?

The point was that you can't really compare Executer to a 4000 year old ship of any kind.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived