Home

Executor vs. any other ship from the KotOR

Demongo

Do you think that a ship from the KotOR era could destroy the Executor?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that a ship from the KotOR era could destroy the Executor?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

How's that? It lost its shields after the rebel fleet beat the **** out of it (you may have missed this, but at some point during the Battle of Endor, Ackbar is heard saying "Concentrate all fire on that Super Star Destroyer), and the loss of its bridge caused it to lose control of navigation.

Thats just crazytalk. Disabled ships do not suddenly navigate into the next Deathstar. Not to speak about not having a backup control room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMvadAFqLQ&feature=related

6:15

and executor headed on Death Star only because George Lucas wanted to

/or film director

500 guns to cover apr. 2*19length*5width/500guns= 1 gun per 380000 m^2. Thats nothing. But sounds nice.

if you place them strategically with use of radar detection you can cover large space

of course they are not impenetrable but can save you from most of incoming missiles

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These are not real ships... i hope everyone understands that and we stop using arguments such as:

Sorry, but if you're going to debate about the Star Wars canon... You're going to have to accept canon sources as legitimate evidence to cite.

Interesting article, thanks. That guy is looking at a picture which was designed to look cool, and analizes it, ok .. But then he just assumes multiple numbers being same as on Earth/current knowledge (for example asteroid density, and laser influence on them) and mixes it with some magic laserZ. Can stop reading right here. Its even less than making numbers out of the thin air, its just rubbish.

It isn't rubbish, the guy's a ****ing engineer. He knows what he's talking about, and he uses (for example) the strength of earth materials as a tool to estimate a lower limit (do you mean to tell me that starships in Star Wars are made of materials weaker than what is here on Earth?). If you'd like to tell me how he's actually wrong instead of just dismissing it for being too complicated, let me know.

Ok i say the Ebon Hawk uses X-material as structure and GigaLaser to shoot things. X-material is able to withstand any shot from Starwars universe. GigaLaser is able to penetrate shields and hull of any Starwars vessel. Therefore Calo Nord is able to destroy The Executor singlehandely. How are you gonna dispute that. You cant. Because everything is made up. The only known common ground to compare is reality (and here im doing nothing different than that article guy, borrowing numbers from reality to make some ridiculous "analysis" ).

Yes, you are doing something completely different, because he's using actual science that we know of in order to form a hypothesis, while you're just goofing around without actually looking at it.

And reality states that a nuke is gonna destroy the Executor. And nothing so far suggests otherwise short of wild imagination.

Read above, plz. We aren't arguing about reality.

If someone didn't know, the Executor is Vader's personal Super Star Destroyer

And it is big..........very big:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
SW_Executor_01.jpg

So can you find any Cruiser/ Star Destroyer from the Kotor era that could destroy it?

Of course if an entire fllet would attack it at once it would be destroyed, but I am thinking of a one on one "combat":D

So let's clarify things first:

Both ships are working at 100% capacity, without ANY damages. They don't have any aid, except the fighters they can carry inside the Hangar. We are in deep space, no planet/space station/asteroid field is near. So? What do you think? Is it possible to destroy it or not?

EDIT: Oh I don't know what happened to the title. Sorry I meant "Executor vs. any other ship from the KotOR era"

Haha, an A-wing took down the Executor by crashing into the bridge after the shield generators were destroyed, but the ship would destroy any ship of capital size.

Thanks for those posts TKA, gonna have to read over that article now.

Basically, just accept it, Nukes aren't all powerful. If we assume that a Proton Torpedo has an average yield of ~10 megatons (Models vary from the Kiloton to Gigaton range, so I just took a number out of the air) and we know that it takes hundreds of proton torpedoes to take down the shields of the Lusankya. So, we can theorize that it takes the equivalent of 1000 megatons OR MORE to lower the shields of an SSD.

Anyway, here's a number for the raw energy used in the shields of the SSD:

Its shields handled much of the power generated—an amount equivalent to the total power of a medium star (3.8 × 1026 W)

source

Give up, nothing produces that kind of power that we can develop and certainly not able to be made in the KotOR era. Your fantasy about a single nuke destroying it are just that, fantasy, within a fantasy.

@TKA: Bah, EU matters not :xp:

Edit: Reread TKA's points above Darth Jacen.

Thanks for those posts TKA, gonna have to read over that article now.

Basically, just accept it, Nukes aren't all powerful. If we assume that a Proton Torpedo has an average yield of ~10 megatons (Models vary from the Kiloton to Gigaton range, so I just took a number out of the air) and we know that it takes hundreds of proton torpedoes to take down the shields of the Lusankya. So, we can theorize that it takes the equivalent of 1000 megatons OR MORE to lower the shields of an SSD.

Given the level of technical advancement in the Star Wars univierse, personally I'd assume that a Nuclear Weapon would not be effective against the Executor or other Star Wars ships considering that in Universe by the time of the Films they had been space travelling for 20,000 standard years, they are well beyond our own current technical advancement. All that is to say, it would be my opinion in Universe that a nuclear weapon would be about as effective as throwing a rock at a tank....

hence my accent on MORE, we just have a lower range and I couldn't remember if Lusankya was operating at 100% efficiency or not. here's a host of variables and the 1000 megatons is a very lower limit. Since we know how much energy goes into the shields we can determine if we have enough time how much energy it takes to destroy the Executor. Frankly, I don't want to spend the time doing that, but I figured that it's gonna take a hell of a lot of energy, basically this thing could probably go through a small star and remain intact.

As for your analogy, if you're using current day nukes, than you're most likely correct. However, they're likely to have developed higher yield warheads or more effect shaped charges. Both could change that analogy.

After being pounded for presumably hours by the Rebellion Fleet. ;)

Also, those domes were never positively identified as Shield Domes, just domes. iirc they were once identified as Sensor Domes, but I can't remember for sure.

yea you are right look what i found http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tech/Sensors/Sensor2.html perhaps i didnt had time to read it ^^

Excuse me, you're right, but in Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed they are labeled as shield towers. That is not a reliable source, though. Plus, the line in the movie right afterwards is Imperial Officer to Admiral Piett: "Sir, we've lost our Bridge Deflector Shields!"

Given the level of technical advancement in the Star Wars univierse, personally I'd assume that a Nuclear Weapon would not be effective against the Executor or other Star Wars ships considering that in Universe by the time of the Films they had been space travelling for 20,000 standard years, they are well beyond our own current technical advancement. All that is to say, it would be my opinion in Universe that a nuclear weapon would be about as effective as throwing a rock at a tank....

Actually, atomic weapons do have an effect on large capital ships in Star Wars, even shielded ones, though they usually have to be employed in salvo's.

Against a Star Dreadnought type ship any spread of less than a couple hundred warheads likely would only be an irritant. Toss a few thousand and you can do some serious damage.

Though the amount of fire you would be taking to get your fleet of missile cruisers into broadside with the SD would maybe give you one salvo/shot before the cruisers would be battered apart by the Star Dreadnoughts armaments.

Just my :twocents: on Nukes in Star Wars. ;)

Actually, atomic weapons do have an effect on large capital ships in Star Wars, even shielded ones, though they usually have to be employed in salvo's.

Against a Star Dreadnought type ship any spread of less than a couple hundred warheads likely would only be an irritant. Toss a few thousand and you can do some serious damage.

Though the amount of fire you would be taking to get your fleet of missile cruisers into broadside with the SD would maybe give you one salvo/shot before the cruisers would be battered apart by the Star Dreadnoughts armaments.

Just my :twocents: on Nukes in Star Wars. ;)

I was more meaning our current Nuclear devices rather than any in universe Nuclear devices; obviously given technological advancements the yield of nuclear devices in the SW universe would be substantially higher than anything we have. Though given the obvious side effects of nuclear weapons you'd of thought unless you wanted to obliterate an entire planet permanently that they would only be used in space...

to be blunt, the Executor would chew up and spit out the Hammerheads, and all the other capital ships the Sith and Republic forces have to offer; even the Star Forge would tremble beneath the SuperLaser. In short: it would be the beat down of all beat downs. Something in the vein of the scene in Family Guy Presents: Something Something Something Darkside, when, after Dak says he feels like he can take on the whole empire himself, he attempts to, and is swatted out of the sky like a cat catching a bird. not even an irritant. more like a minor inconvenience. Even while the Star Forge is not a ship, it is part of the KoTOR Era, and hence, in my opinion, includable in this. it would create a huge fleet, but it would be subsequently rammed into oblivion by the executor. the fleet would then proceed to be picked off, probably 5-10 ships at a time. boom. boom. boom. no contest. Vader would be pleased.

Addendum: perhaps, if The Sith and Republic set aside their differences (HAHAHA), they would be able to put a dent in it; but the Star Forge would need to be working at nearly 400% of projected capacity, churnning out ships until the minute it was obliterated by the Executor.

As far as the technolgy debate, if you look at the technology of Star Wars, it gets less complex as time goes on. What? Yes. A giant sphere with a glaring flaw? that is certainly less advanced than an automated army made of battle droids. A Twin-Ion-Engine Fighter that is used as cannon fodder? The Vulture Droids would smoke them. While it is fair to say that the decline in technology is because the prequels were made last, AND the source of cloaking devices were all but gone, it is equally fair to say that their inability to adapt and create cloaking devices out of new sources is, at least somewhat, a sign of the loss of advancements. Going back 4000 years now, the Ebon Hawk would likely fair at least decently in a race with the Millenium Falcon; mostly because Han wouldn't be able to keep that bucket in working order enough and they'd fall behind.

but back to the original point:

not a chance. the executor and the other SSDs are virtually invincible by the standards of The start of Episode I-The End of Episode VI; by KotOR's standards, it would be absolutley invincible

• 3 months later...
That's a... bold statement. I'm going to have to go with the Ebon Hawk. With Carth and Bastila at the controls' date=' and Revan manning the turret, they could destroy the bridge, or wreak havoc from the inside.[/quote']

Well, wreaking havoc on the inside is a completely different issue. The point of the matter is: can a KotOR era STARSHIP blow the hell out of the Executor?

The answer is no. Not an Ebon Hawk, not a vessel twenty times larger, or ten times smaller. Even if the Hawk has a reputable pilot, an ace gunner and Battle Meditation, there is still 4000 years of technological advancement to cope with. That means, stronger shields, point-defense accuracy guns (that could blast the hell out of any small ship).

The answer is no. Not an Ebon Hawk, not a vessel twenty times larger, or ten times smaller. Even if the Hawk has a reputable pilot, an ace gunner and Battle Meditation, there is still 4000 years of technological advancement to cope with. That means, stronger shields, point-defense accuracy guns (that could blast the hell out of any small ship).

You don't even need to go that far. No matter what century it's from, a freighter is never going to dent the shields of an ISD, let alone the Executor.

I know that some of these are not from the KOTOR era but... The Shawken Device(maybe), The Sun Crusher, The Galaxy Gun(maybe), and Centerpoint Station. Notice that all of them are superweapons. Yes. Oh yeah, and one more thing. If you say that they're allowed to have fighters, then The Star Forge.

Would still fail against the Executor.

Face it, _nothing_ from that period can hope to win against the Executor outside of some freak accident.

It's like the wright flying trying to take on a F-22 Raptor in air to air combat. It just doesn't work.

Can we lock this thread so it doesn't get revived again next year?

• 1 month later...
Saul Karath's Couragous maybe. I know I can't trust wookie but here http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inexpugnable-class_tactical_command_ship

Do me a favor. Look at the size of that little ship. A meager 3.1 kilometers... The Executor is 19 kilometers long. That's six times the size, six times the amount of weapon mounts. Probably much more than six times the amount of support craft carried within the Executor's hull. It's out of the question for any starship, even a fleet of starships from the KotOR era to be able to face Vader's little toy plane. The Executor is a mobile space station, designed to be the state of the art in military warships of his time, which has over 4000 years of technological development of advantage over the "Courageous".

Archived