Home

MI: Special Edition - A comparison study

parabolee

I LOL'd.

But while you're boggling our minds, MM, could you throw together a 2D remake of EMI with those sprites? Hopefully by this weekend? I've got a bit of time to kill before BF1943 and MI:SE come out, and that'd be a larf.

Thanks!

LOL! If only I were a programmer...

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guybrush from Monkey Island2 in the Special edition style

Guybrush_Monkey_Island_2_by_Irishmile.png

Damn you, been too swamped at work to finish mine first!

I'll try and finish mine later in the week when I have some time.

EDIT: Here is my super early version, had only spent 20 mins on it so far. My coat is very early and the hair needed some more detail. But since it may be days until I can finish it, here it is. Also my coat was going to be longer than yours.

GB-ME2SE.jpg

I LOL'd.

But while you're boggling our minds, MM, could you throw together a 2D remake of EMI with those sprites? Hopefully by this weekend? I've got a bit of time to kill before BF1943 and MI:SE come out, and that'd be a larf.

Thanks!

Hmm, you looking to join my tribe of jawas or what?

Guybrush from Monkey Island2 in the Special edition style

Guybrush_Monkey_Island_2_by_Irishmile.png

Gah!

While it's nicely photoshopped... That is not Guybrush...

Now I know what I really don't like about the SE sprite, his posture is really really weird. Guybrush should slouch a LOT more.

It just looks, weird...

I dunno if I agree... I think the SE posture is good... they made him look gangly...

And parabolee do finish it I love seeing everyone's stuff I have no notion that im doing anything better than anyone else can do... in fact I get much more negative comments on my fanart than positive... LOOK AWAY!!! im the worst fanartist in the world!!!! LOL

It's not really that short considering it's all they'd have been doing for eight working months (something like 1200 hours). It's not like they just do tidbits of it here and there after work like we fans do.

Maybe they spent the first two months on posting concept art on the bulletin board until they reached that ugly Guybrush?

Yeah maybe... the short time period thing was paraphrasing from what they said on the Facebook Q&A...

Only having 3 people's opinion explains why the ugly hair got the thumbs up... out of 100 people at least three would have to like it... but what are the chances that they all are working in the same studio.?

I liked your "original" SE pose for the MI2 Guybrush more. With the new shoulders he is closer to the close-up in MI2 but looks like a kid wearing daddy's coat.

The pose of Guybrush in the SE is pretty neat. I would've no problem if they kept that for a MI2 Guybrush.

The MI2 Guybrush, for me always was the coolest because of his beard, the coat and seemingly slightly darker touch. As a kid it was kind of awesome that Guybrush showed the way.

Maybe just do it yourself?:p

Done, now stop making such ridiculous requests! XD I would have actually carried on working on this and fixed up the coat and stuff but it's almost 4am and I wasn't expecting this to take so much time...

There are two versions, the first is more like the original SMI while the second is more fitting to the new Guybrush.

tmi2.png

Edit: New version below

Archived