Home

MI: Special Edition - A comparison study

parabolee

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some years ago I made an attempt of making MI3 Guybrush with MI2 clothes. It's not that great but I thought I should post it anyway.

That's lovely :) The boots could do with a little work though. What do you say about getting back to work on it after all these years ;)

Viola!

210hwtj.png29pywpw.png

Do you play the viola? And that's nice but maybe it's a little too much like the pixel version. I mean generally when drawing with pixels you have to leave out a lot of detail and just make it look as good as you can with pixels. And looking at yours, the shading you have given it is an almost exact copy of the pixel version.

I mean it looks great and all, but it's not really personalised. I want to see you draw your own personal Guybrush! (Of course if you were just intending to beef up the pixel version at a higher resolution then fine, ignore me)

Do you play the viola? And that's nice but maybe it's a little too much like the pixel version. I mean generally when drawing with pixels you have to leave out a lot of detail and just make it look as good as you can with pixels. And looking at yours, the shading you have given it is an almost exact copy of the pixel version.

I mean it looks great and all, but it's not really personalised. I want to see you draw your own personal Guybrush! (Of course if you were just intending to beef up the pixel version at a higher resolution then fine, ignore me)

And I will good sir, it's intended to be what an HD-ified version of the original could look like.

I want to see you draw your own personal Guybrush!

My CMI MI2 Guybrush was mostly from scratch.

Archived