Home

[Spoiler Warning]Revan's Mask

Trench

I knew Revan had something to do with Mandalorians:D Very interesting, though he removed his mask, before the Mandos have been defeated. The colour of that mask isn't exactly black, so I guess Revan made some modifications to it:p

That's gotta be one of the stupidest back stories ever. :rolleyes:

Agree with this.

The mask now being a symbol of compassion and sacrifice is a little - well, completely - opposite to Sith values, no?

Bah, no point in even putting down other things that seem odd about it - Shem said it all...

The mask now being a symbol of compassion and sacrifice is a little - well, completely - opposite to Sith values, no?

But you have to remember that Revan was still a Jedi then. His fall was a bit later and it wasn't like "OK, so from tomorrow on I'll be the bad guy" ;)

But still... they could have thought of something better (or nothing at all and let it stay a mystery).

But you have to remember that Revan was still a Jedi then. His fall was a bit later and it wasn't like "OK, so from tomorrow on I'll be the bad guy" ;)

Certainly a fair point there - the thought I had on it was more about the continued use of it as the Sith Lord. If it had been, say, a version of the mask that was to do with the lightside robes you get that he had found it may have been more convincing - there would have been that element of the corruption of those values for which the Mando in question died, same as the corruption of the Jedi values leading to the Sith, in the darkening of the mask.

But that's probably a bit too complicated...

Meh. It's okay. I wouldn't call it stupid, but it's not exactly the cleverest idea, either. There was really no avoid making it of Mandalorian origin, or Mandalorian-inspired.

The only problem I have with it is that I always hated the idea that Revan wore the mask in his Jedi days. As such, I've never been a fan of mods that create "light side variations" of Revan's Sith robes and mask. To me, the suit and the mask were directly connected to his identity as the Dark Lord of the Sith.

In the flashback where he and Malak discover the star map on Dantooine, I had always interpreted Revan's appearance in that vision as a representation, because the player is not aware that he is Revan. I assumed that the Forced filled in what information was missing in his brain with what the amnesiac Revan knew to be "Darth Revan," whom he did not know what who he himself once was. When that event actually occurred, I had always assumed that Revan was not wearing his Sith armor or mask.

Doesn't even have that "stupid because it was rushed" feel. Just...un imaginative. Real truth is supposed to be stranger than fiction. But I guess it's the other way around. :dozey: If *this* is any indication of what is coming...I am going to witness ultimate fail, for the second time, to a series beloved to me. I pray this is not so.

Are you sure you guys weren't just expecting too much? That tends to be the case a lot of the time, and it always tends to lead to disappointment. Personally, I never thought the story behind Revan's mask would have been anything unique. In fact, if it were up to me, I probably wouldn't have even touched upon the subject, or I wouldn't have played it up to be such a momentous event.

Also, I've always felt that Revan was a bit overrated. Malak, by contrast, is underrated. I always thought he was cool.

Archived