Home

Hoodless Revan robes?

AndrewH

Is it possible to remove the hood but keep the cape and everything else on the robe? Then for the head slot you could have different combinations of hood and mask that the user could equip. Does this exist already? I figure with the upcoming public release of the flowing Revan robes this begged to be asked in the spirit of the moment. :thmbup1:

The item Revan's Robe can normally be found in the game on the star forge, and are Revan's normal robes with the hood down. Cheat code for them is g_a_mstrrobe06.

Edit: After going ingame to check, i noticed that these robes don't have the cape that the normal robes do. Sorry if that didn't help.

Having played through the game numerous times, I am well aware of the Star Forge (read: crappy) version of the robes and it is not what I was asking about. I mean the robes with the cape, just without the hood and mask.

If this is possible then it strikes me as odd that it hasn't been done yet.

yeh im sure its possible but some1 would have to model a cape and belt but it most likely wouldnt be animated like the new flowing robes mod...id still like to see this though.

Not really. I don't see how they couldn't just take the existing "Revan robes for player character" mods like Redhawke's and remove the hood. There are mods out there that let you wear the thing without the mask, so we know that the player's face does get loaded while wearing the stuff. All someone would have to do is change the model to remove the hood. As far as I know, the flowing robes mod that is being released soon doesn't affect the hood at all, so I don't see how that can't be implemented as well.

Does that sound viable?

Just some points for clarification...

There are 3 Revan Models contained within the game files. The first is the hooded and masked version, the second is the hooded but mask-less version used for the 'reveal' cut scene, the last is the 'Dress' like model used for the stock Revan/Star Forge Robes.

I simply used the hooded mask-less version for my mods and also the hooded masked version as well, I didn't edit a thing in the models.

Just FYI. ;)

Just some points for clarification...

There are 3 Revan Models contained within the game files. The first is the hooded and masked version, the second is the hooded but mask-less version used for the 'reveal' cut scene, the last is the 'Dress' like model used for the stock Revan/Star Forge Robes.

I simply used the hooded mask-less version for my mods and also the hooded masked version as well, I didn't edit a thing in the models.

Just FYI. ;)

I see. Since you didn't comment otherwise, I can only assume that what I want is, in fact, possible. Would it be difficult or time-consuming?

The way I see it being done is to open the hooded + maskless version in a mesh editor, changing the model, then putting it back into the game as either a new item... or maybe overwriting the star forge robes. A work of five minutes for an experienced modder with the necessary tools. Unless there's something I'm missing.

Work of more like 5 hours for one of the modeling greats. Editing body models is no walk in the park. The hard part is exporting. Its when everything goes wrong.

I see. I'll attempt it myself and see how it goes.

Thread pruning done here, so a general warning to all...

If you aren't posting that a mod is impossible to make and why, posting information about the mod idea, posting that you are taking a project on or giving an update to your progress, or posting to the requester instructions so they can do the mod themselves... if your post doesn't fall into those categories then you are spamming here. Thanks. -RH

Archived