Home

E3 trailer: Jedi vs Sith

Wedge Suron

Yes, at about 3:45 in that vid MacTavish linked there's a lightsaber duel. Would be epic if the lightsaber combat from the trailer was in-game, but yeah, that ain't happening. Just your basic slash and parry here. The occasional swing makes an appearance.

At least TOR's combat is substantially better than Galaxies', its combat imo is straight crap lol.

If it aint FPS combat it isn't combat... :carms:

I realize not everyone can play those games, my dad likes them but can't handle them anymore, but point and click for an MMO is not fun IMHO.

Maybe the combat the game isn't finalized don't forget they still in development.

The combat probably isn't 100% finished, but the basics are down. We won't be seeing any combat anywhere near the CGI trailer in the game. That's why it's a CGI trailer and not gameplay footage.

Yeah, oh well. Would be cool if it was.

GTA:SWcity pointed this out in a thread over on the TOR forums, but does anyone else think the statue on the right in front of the building looks like Revan? It's realllly hard to see, but it looks somewhat like his mask. It's a bit more noticeable if you watch it enlarged on YT. It's at 0:40-0:45.

GTA:SWcity pointed this out in a thread over on the TOR forums, but does anyone else think the statue on the right in front of the building looks like Revan? It's realllly hard to see, but it looks somewhat like his mask. It's a bit more noticeable if you watch it enlarged on YT. It's at 0:40-0:45.

You mean the one on the left? The one on the right I can't see his face at all but the one on the left I'd say his face definently looks like Revan's mask. Revan and the Exile perhaps? Now that would be an awesome little cameo.

• 4 weeks later...
haha yeh would be but the exile can be male or female.

But still they did the temple very well :D

Well Revan is canonically male, and the Exile is canonically female, and the rest of the EU refers to them as such, so the statue could be Revan. I'll have to rewatch the trailer to see for myself.

• 1 month later...

As to the main Malak-Vader esque villain in the trailer specifically:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Sith_(Sacking_of_Coruscant)

He might be a high ranking general but otherwise a glorified sith warrior of this kind:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Warrior

And those Revan-Esque looking underlings, another type of warrior.

Yeah, oh well. Would be cool if it was.

You mean the one on the left? The one on the right I can't see his face at all but the one on the left I'd say his face definently looks like Revan's mask. Revan and the Exile perhaps? Now that would be an awesome little cameo.

That's my theory. Thus far. I notice ~1hour that same day, after I said that in the one thread, Shem (a voice of several in opposition to it as an MMO) started a thread asking about it and its technicalities as an MMO. Best I can tell he is still set against it.

I'm neutral to it, but probably won't b/c I'd have to buy a new machine to handle it well. I'm not buying a new machine just for a game I'm not 100% on in the first place.

haha yeh would be but the exile can be male or female.

But still they did the temple very well :D

Well Revan is canonically male, and the Exile is canonically female, and the rest of the EU refers to them as such, so the statue could be Revan. I'll have to rewatch the trailer to see for myself.

I think it is Revan and the Exile. In one other EU source Revan was referred to as male and had no mask but the hood obscuring his face...as a holocron avatar image. Not sure which is which left or right.

I do think that the symbolism behind the clip where the Sith Warrior is walking out of the temple as it burns and crumbles and the statues are also crumbling and shattering behind him does seem to imply that these two failed in their mission.

Speculation: That would really be something if *he* had been the actual one to end Revan and The Exile to prove himself and then sealed himself away. Like many the Sith Warriors were made after him for it. I don't think this guy is the 1,000+ year old emperor, though. I think he is the main brute, like Vader was for Palpatine.

It will be interesting to find out.

Archived