Home

Guys Did You Hear?!

Nickelstein

I know it sounds disrespectful, but he should have died a long time ago. He lived long enough to make a complete fool of himself. Imagine if Jimi Hendrix had lived longer than 27, got a load of plastic surgery, had a load of court cases suggesting he was a pedophile, all that crap. He wouldn't be the legend he is now...

MJ is gonna be remembered for the wrong things now. He should have died at his peak.

Now feel free to rip the **** out of me for being so disrespectful :p

Not been confirmed yet...
Yep, when I got to work this morning (while the news was "not yet confirmed") I said "the only reason it hasn't been 'confirmed' yet is they need to tell the family first, that's the same thing that happened with Ledger". An hour later it was confirmed.

I do think it's a shame that Jako died before he could complete those 50 concerts (that would have earned him that $400 million he needed to repay his debts), however that's life and as resilient as our bodies are they can also be very fragile too.

I know it sounds disrespectful, but he should have died a long time ago. He lived long enough to make a complete fool of himself. Imagine if Jimi Hendrix had lived longer than 27, got a load of plastic surgery, had a load of court cases suggesting he was a pedophile, all that crap. He wouldn't be the legend he is now...

MJ is gonna be remembered for the wrong things now. He should have died at his peak.

Now feel free to rip the **** out of me for being so disrespectful :p

If he hadn't had 20 rinoplasties and screwed his face up first, then someone else would have ... so at least he stopped some other people from completely ruining their faces. That said, you do have a point - I suspect MJ had his balls tied at an early age (like opera singers), which made him appear more affluent, etc. Frankly the fact that two "boys" said he molested him - and one we know was a liar - and the other was given money from Jako to drop the allegations - is hardly enough evidence for me to believe that he had sex with boys. Maybe if he joined NAMBLA and became their spokesperson I'd have believed it. He was a practising JW for a while you know.

That said, his personal life was a mess, I do think that he has a valid right to privacy regarding his health – but that he shouldn't have been publicly lying about it. I don't think you've been disrespectful – but frankly… who gives a sh*t what people think about you? It's still better than dying young (50 is still young though). It is a shame his children will have to grow up without him now.

Sad news. :(

Always sad when someone dies...

I saw an interview with Yuri Geller. He said he asked Jackson if he was lonely. Jackson looked Yuri in the eye for ten seconds and then said "I am a very lonely man." It made me think of a poem by R.S. Thomas...

THE WORD

A pen appeared, and god said

"Write what it is to be

man" And my hand hovered

long over the page

until there, like footprints

of the lost traveller, letters

took shape on the page's

blankness and I spelled out

the word "lonely." And my hand moved

to erase it, but the voices

of all those waiting at life's

window cried out loud: "It is true."

It's sad that he died, no question, but then it's sad when anyone dies - and people die every day.

I hate that as a society we've all agreed to pretend to mourn people we never knew just because they're famous. The coverage of this story by the media is grossly disproportionate and only validates the absurd pseudo-grief of demonstrable morons. Frankly I find the whole thing highly offensive.

Breaking news after I watched Prison Break. I heard and thought: What Michael Jackson?

I´m no fan, but some of his Music was good!

I´m not interested in VIPs. Cuz nobody says if anything happens to us! Annoying.

But sad. And one part of the music history is now dead. :(

All is over someday. All things...

Don´t understand it wrong but it was the best time. I mean he would have no more get over his concerts in his condition.

http://www.blatherskite.com/index.php/2009/03/jacko-tickets-offered-for-10000-pounds-ebay-45-performances-michael-jackson-o2-chilly-thames/

Michael Jackson has extended his autumn run at London’s O2 to 45 shows with some tickets (£75 face price) being offered on Ebay for a mind-boggling £10,000.

Say what you like about Jacko (and we do) he’s the ticket tout’s best friend.

But will Jackson actually make it through 45 performances?

You’d be pretty miffed if you shelled out thousands for a ticket on Ebay and then found he’d caught a chill down by the chilly Thames.

I hate that as a society we've all agreed to pretend to mourn people we never knew just because they're famous. The coverage of this story by the media is grossly disproportionate and only validates the absurd pseudo-grief of demonstrable morons. Frankly I find the whole thing highly offensive.

This.

It's sad that he died, no question, but then it's sad when anyone dies - and people die every day.

Ya Its realy anoying. He still scares me even though he died.

It's not worth getting offended over, it's just human nature, for better or worse. In the past, Kings and Queens have died and been mourned by their people, despite the fact they never met them. It's weird and messed up, but something about "celebrities" affect us.

The thing I DO get HIGHLY offended by is shops using Michael Jackson's image to sell products under the guise of being "respectful". Ugh. For example, I went into Borders today and they were playing Michael Jackson's greatest hits... Or Amazon.com's disgusting page link on their homepage.

Both have been made for corporate decisions and find the idea of using dead people's images in order to capitalise on people's grief... well, highly offensive.

Yeah, check this out.

(I suppose for reference I should say that, at the time of posting, pretty much every album on this list is a Michael Jackson album - and most of them have actually sold out completely at this point.)

I agree it's sick that people and companies capitalise on things like this.

Archived