Home

Friday Update - SW:TOR @ Comic-Con

News

Today’s update from the official site features a schedule for the SWTOR team’s appearance at Comic-Con next month.Join the TOR Development Team at the Comic-Con International panel “Behind the Scenes – The Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic” on Friday, July 24th at 1:00-2:00PM. Head over to Room 7AB where Jake Neri (Producer, LucasArts) [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...

Lol, Updates are getting worse. It still makes me laugh that People have metaphorically quit there Jobs and sold all there belongings for a game that is basically a non gameplay trailer, lots of words and terrible comic... Yet we are laughed out of the room because we are KotOR fanboys lol, at least we are biased for something that actually exists.

Lame? For those of you not going to comic-con maybe. I'll definitely make sure to go. I'm not entirely sure how alerting those going that there will be a panel is a pointless news post, but whatever. People need to have more patience.

Lol, Updates are getting worse. It still makes me laugh that People have metaphorically quit there Jobs and sold all there belongings for a game

Sold all their belongings...?

A comic-con tickets is... like, $25. I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

that is basically a non gameplay trailer

You mean the cinematic? Really? You're going to be p***ed about a cinematic?

lots of words

Almost ironic coming from a Kotor fan. I'll go ahead and take a guess that you aren't accustomed to waiting for a game then, as "words" is mainly what you get when following a game in Alpha stage, a year or longer from a Beta. Follow a Half-life mod for 3 years and get back to me. If you have, then what are you doing here anyway?

Yet we are laughed out of the room because we are KotOR fanboys lol, at least we are biased for something that actually exists.

Sooooo... SWTOR doesn't exist? Its just a lie created by the man?

If you want to vent, then please go here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=631

I'll tell you the same thing I told Darth_Yuthura: Don't bother posting if all you are going to do is mock the game -and- the fans in a forum -for- the game and the fans. If you want to express a distaste for the update or the game, then I think your concern is valid. But this is not a vent for you to beat on fans and play a victim, especially considering the forum you are posting in.

Nobody is forcing you to read these updates, read posts by fans, or follow the game at all. By whining you are only inviting said "laughter" in your direction.

Lame? For those of you not going to comic-con maybe.
Well, yes, my feelings exactly. I'm not willing to pay several hundred to fly to San Diego and pay for room and board for three days, just to be one of the few lucky thousand to see some exclusive preview for a video game. Posting an advertisement for that essentially alienates and ignores 99.95% of the fanbase.
People need to have more patience.
Patience is one thing, but it gets really frustrating when you're given only a scrap of new info every week, especially when this update was the equivalent of a breadcrumb.

Well, yes, my feelings exactly. I'm not willing to pay several hundred to fly to San Diego and pay for room and board for three days, just to be one of the few lucky thousand to see some exclusive preview for a video game. Posting an advertisement for that essentially alienates and ignores 99.95% of the fanbase.

Unless they are planning something spectacular, I doubt you'll be missing much. Most of these comic-con panels are slide shows with a boring questionnaire.

Posting an advertisement... seems like an advertisement. They have a show at comic-con, and wanted to alert people. Are they bad people for advertising at E3 as well? Sure, it isn't a super update but are they really in the bad for a comic-con room? If this was a show or something spectacular, I'd agree but the word "panel" almost deadrings this to be uninteresting for most fans anyway. A making of sounds more interesting for developers to be honest.

Although I think that more or less validates you point below.

Patience is one thing, but it gets really frustrating when you're given only a scrap of new info every week, especially when this update was the equivalent of a breadcrumb.

True, but we did just get E3. Small update, but all things considered I think we've had quite a bit to sit on for one month. At least they are giving some updates. I've been following some stuff like Secret World and there is barely anything out for that, and it was announced way before SWTOR. Een if the E3 stuff was uninteresting, we did get a smuggler update.

Personally, I bad Bioware for outing this game so early in development. Perhaps they should have sat on it more to get a better flow of updates, but again I think this comes down to patience. Updates will come, the game is being made, and so on and so forth. No need to get worked up over a game more than a year away.

To be honest avery you kinda proved my point hehe, I suck at metaphors though so I can understand your not understanding.

I'm basically saying that EDIT: What Hallucination said haha :EDIT

I'm not complaining about not getting enough updates either, TBH I'd rather just wait 2 years and play the damn thing, I merely saying , Why give us all this fan faire about stuff we already know. that's all.

If you want to vent, then please go here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=631

I'll tell you the same thing I told Darth_Yuthura: Don't bother posting if all you are going to do is mock the game -and- the fans in a forum -for- the game and the fans. If you want to express a distaste for the update or the game, then I think your concern is valid. But this is not a vent for you to beat on fans and play a victim, especially considering the forum you are posting in.

Nobody is forcing you to read these updates, read posts by fans, or follow the game at all. By whining you are only inviting said "laughter" in your direction.

my Rant is actually pointed at the members of the official forums that this thread has a link too, not the people who post on LF. Please dont personalize this and make me out to be a brat. I want to/will Play this game and I want to be a part of its release, I'm just not so easily impressed as some... The KotOR remark was a bad move because in naming myself a KotOR fanboy, I kinda walked headlong into your reply TBH :)

I resent being portrayed as someone "Mocking" ToR fans.

Posting an advertisement... seems like an advertisement. They have a show at comic-con, and wanted to alert people. Are they bad people for advertising at E3 as well? Sure, it isn't a super update but are they really in the bad for a comic-con room? If this was a show or something spectacular, I'd agree but the word "panel" almost deadrings this to be uninteresting for most fans anyway. A making of sounds more interesting for developers to be honest.
I'm not complaining about the viewing, actually, that's to be expected from any developer today. I'm more or less frustrated with the fact that this was treated as the headline of the update, which is, frankly, a shoddy excuse of one.
Personally, I bad Bioware for outing this game so early in development. Perhaps they should have sat on it more to get a better flow of updates, but again I think this comes down to patience. Updates will come, the game is being made, and so on and so forth. No need to get worked up over a game more than a year away.
Considering that production started in late 05, I would've suspected a bit more info by now. Of course, the scope of an MMO does mean more time for development, but the story and the characters classes are probably finished by now, and I would've liked to have seen more of that by now.

Sold all their belongings...?

A comic-con tickets is... like, $25. I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

What he means is he laughs at people who quit their old MMO's and are complaining about not having good updates for this one. I interpret his post as a poor attempt at nerd elitism. o_Q

I'm no public relations guru, but they've been working on this game for two years now with tools developed by another company. I think they'll be ready to enter the beta within a year (maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less), and they'll make it a heavily publicised one to create an assload of hype for a good, strong release.

We're lucky they even give us weekly updates, most games get them far less often. You guys are spoiled. :p

Watson likes consistent updates more than frequent updates. Plus that wasn't even an update, that was a heads up for one. It's one step up from telling us this Friday that next week there'll be another Friday.

Edit: I love it when I take too long to post and half the community replies to something before me. :p

What he means is he laughs at people who quit their old MMO's and are complaining about not having good updates for this one. I interpret his post as a poor attempt at nerd elitism. o_Q

Exactly, I suck at elitism sorry :p And it was about the people replying in the thread this thread links too, kinda went of on a tangent in the wrong forum lol.

Very weak update. It was almost a non-update update.

Actually, I would have understood if they hadn't given an update at all. I mean we had E3, Smuggler release, Dev blogs and what not. The prior weeks had mountains of info released. They may as well have announced that this friday there wouldn't be an update.

I was kinda hoping to get more info about smuggler gameplay and what not. But I just consider this update them saying "These aren't the droids you're looking for."

Archived