Home

I think, that im going to make a fan game

Origo

how about: while ben is getting in the kickstand he finds bikers team in it, which he hates. ben and his gang goes into a fight with them, the polecats gets defeated. ben wakes up somewhere in the desert, his bike is crashed into pieces. so he should find another way going. like putting a trap on the road so when another biker comes he will fall, then ben can use his bike. the bike will be kinda broken, but at least not into pieces :)

and of course when he wake up, he must go find where the road is. be cause he is in an unknown place in the desert.

Nah. If he is always getting unconscious, I think he can´t ride a bike anymore.

Let´s forget those "He wakes up somewhere"-things. Let´s do something a little bit original. We need something deeper.

My stupid idea:

Father Torque gets killed by somebody. The legacy of Father Torque will be given to Ben, but will be secretly stolen by Rottwheelers.

Rottwheelers tries to bribe one of Polecats to assasinate Ben, but they failed to make a deal. When the Polecats hear about this, they´ll get furious and start a war with Rottwheelers.

Polecats are victorious. They return to Kick-Stand. Quohog(The bartender) is pretty jumpy and the Polecats are wondering what´s going on. Ben says:"Do you still remember my opinion about your nose?" And Quohog says:"Please, don´t hurt me! I´ll tell everything!"

You might think the rest.

Or do a better plot.

P.S: Does anybody here have skills to draw backgrounds like there is in FT? Because I´m thinking about changing the genre. RPG isn´t good for FT, but Adventure game will be too hard if no one can draw the backgrounds. I can draw the sprites.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drew this as an example of my sprite drawing skills: BenBeta.jpg

You should open it on paint and zoom, so you can see the real beaty of it.

I know he looks like a gorilla, too long hands, too short and ugly boots, but I was tired and the computer lagged.

Edit:

I was training to draw hand-drawn-looking pics with computer. It´s nothing special, so I didn´t make a new thread for it.

1zcltsl.jpg

And with another technique:

otdz6a.jpg

I tried to draw FT-styled rocks and I think that there´s still a long way to go to learn the right technique, but this one looks fine, I guess...

imqqsn.jpg

What do you think?

2rrqvch.jpg

Everything in these pics are 99.99% own.

Sorry for double-posting.

Wow. I see there's some progress going on. Good Job!

Your idea with Father Torque is quite good. Still i wouldn't kill anybody , since that character may appear in the original Full Throttle 2 (if there is one coming). But anyway , it is a fan game , so don't mind that. Great job , again.

PS : The Ben sprite/sketch looks sloppy, but i'm really impressed with the background rocks! I wonder if using the original game sprites is illegal... hmm , it's for non-commercial use anyway...

Thanks!

This kind of plot idea was in my head when I was going to sleep.

So this is just a part of the plot or an idea:

Ben´s father, who is a famous politician and rich as well told Ben to come to Connerpolis(A new city created by me!) to meet him. Ben was never too near with his father, but he goes to Connerpolis.

When Ben gets there, they talk about everything drinking beer and whiskey.

Humphrey(Ben´s father) tries little by little to get Ben to retire from The Polecats.

This part reveals a part of Ben´s past life. Humphrey was a member of The Rottwheelers and he tried to raise Ben to be a Rottwheeler too,

but then a fight started between Ben and his father, 'cause Humphrey beat his wife, Rosalyn. Ben moved to Corville and he got Malcolm Corley as his friend. Malcolm gave a rusty old wrecked chopper to Ben and he tried to fix it,

but Ben didn´t have enough knowledge of fixing bikes.

Then Ben met Father Torque, a friend of Malcolm and the Leader of The Polecats. Father Torque helped Ben to fix his bike and they were good friends. Father Torque was like a father to Ben and Ben was like a son to Torque. He teached Ben to drive and how to be tough. When Ben was older he wanted to be a member of The Polecats and he became a VIP-member of The Polecats.

So the reason why Humphrey tries to get Ben to retire from The Polecats is that The Rottwheelers made a deal with Humphrey: Humphrey gets a load of money, if he can get Ben to retire.

That´s one of my ideas. It might be a little messy, but I think I wrote a pretty good chronicle.

Ideas for cutscenes:

Somebody who can model Ben in Blender, could use this

technique to make cutscenes.

I don´t have a clue about the validity of using sprites from the original game, but there are many Fan-Games, which use the sprites from the original game.

That´s all this time.

This plot sounds good. The only thing i mind is Ben's father being rich. I would prefer a Todd-ish fat old guy. If he was rich , why look forward for the money from the Rottwheelers? I also thought Ben met Malcolm Corley the first time in the Kickstand. The town name sounds a bit cheesy. I would prefer Dust / Dirt Town , or Junktown.

IMO , Ben's father should be a poor old bastard living in a dump shack. Receiving the offer from the Rottwheelers , he wouldn't ressist putting his son out of the Business for money. If he was a politician , i'm quite sure he wouldn't. But it's your game , make it how you want. I'm supporting you , and i'm quite sure the other fans are too. Good Luck.

P.S. : Could you send me or post some of the fangame names ? I never thought that such games even exist!

Yes , he asked Malcom "Who do you ride with these days?" but he could have asked that even if he never met him in person before. It is quite a discussion , and it would be fair to make a poll , where fans could vote , if you went with that story. "Did Ben meet Malcolm for the first time in the Kickstand, were they friends before that?" I remember Ben's face wasn't so happy when Malcolm entered the Kickstand. I would believe that Ben didn't know that the old man was Malcolm Corley himself. Again , it is your game. I just said my opinion :)

I could help with the story , as i'm currently writing a fan-novel , not with Ben as the main protagonist though. We could merge the two worlds , my novel and your story , and create something special. :D

it reminds me of the canceled "full Throttle: Payback", this is really bullcrap they canceled both of "full throttle payback" and "full throttle: hell on wheels" these screenshots are from "full throttle payback" if you never seen them b4

376_9.jpg

376_10.jpg

376_12.jpg

376_13.jpg

376_14.jpg

376_15.jpg

376_16.jpg

"it reminds me of the canceled "full Throttle: Payback", this is really bullcrap they canceled both of "full throttle payback" and "full throttle: hell on wheels" these screenshots are from "full throttle payback" if you never seen them b4"

That is what i said :p It's a shame payback was canceled. Hell on Wheels was crap but Payback looked much much better. Hell on Wheels really took the epic part out of Full Throttle.

Yeah, the Payback looked too good to be true, but when it was cancelled it made me feel angry too. And when they started with that game where stupid looking gorillas drive with bikes and they even named that game Full Throttle. That´s what makes me angry.

Anyway, let´s get back to the business. The game will be probably made in a higher resolution than the original FT(320x200), so the sprites must be remade, but the resolution gives a better looking game.

So, I can´t start working on the actual game before the largest part of the sprites are done.

Gos, are you a official team member now?

Archived