Home

I think, that im going to make a fan game

Origo

Right now we need two things. Backgrounds and Sprites. If we get these , creating the game won't be a problem. Can any of you guys rip backgrounds from FT? I think it is possible with ScummRev...

As for the resolution , i don't think we will be able to make good sprites/backgrounds in resolutions higher than 320x200...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have all the backgrounds and the sprites, but the sprites have black background and Ben´s boots are black too. That makes it boring to draw the line between the background and the boots on every sprite.

I don´t think we should use ripped backgrounds from the game, because when we draw new ones, they might not fit together. And anyway, I think that the happenings of the game will not be located in the Melonweed, Corville or anywhere near there, expect Kick-stand can be used. We should create couple of new cities and characters.

"I don´t think we should use ripped backgrounds from the game, because when we draw new ones, they might not fit together. And anyway, I think that the happenings of the game will not be located in the Melonweed, Corville or anywhere near there, expect Kick-stand can be used. We should create couple of new cities and characters."

I agree with that , though my novel starts in Melonweed and includes a few old characters. That is in the beginning though. I think it's good enough to use it as the game story , but if you don't want to use it , it's fine with me. You're the boss. :D

Still , don't you think that not including Ben and a few original characters would kinda be wrong? It's a fan game after all... I mean , sure we will create new locations and characters , but we should keep the Full Throttle-feel.

Ben will be in the game, of course, but I´m not sure about Maureen. Even if Maureen was in the game, she wouldn´t play a major role in the game.

Your story sounds good to me and I would like to use it, but I still want to be able to say my suggestions and opinions about it and change it if necessary. I won´t change anything if you´re against it, though.

Let´s talk about the storyline more with PM, if you want to.

Blender is a 3D tool. Are you planning 3D cutscenes?

How stupid do you think I am? Of course I know that Blender is a 3D tool. The idea was making a cartoon-looking cutscenes with a 3D models. If you checked out the link, you should know about the cartoon-thing...

We are able to use 3D cutscenes in the RPG too, but they need to be in AVI-format.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For now i have to get in touch with Origo, because i didn't talk to him for some time. After that we will see.

Update: I talked to Origo and it's quite clear that only two people can't do much game design. Progress is being made with my story , but i have no experience in creating games , and Origo can't do much even with his experience. The project is definitely not canceled , but on hold until i finish my novel and/or until we get more Full Throttle fans to help work on the game creation.

• 4 months later...

Archived