Home

Anyone else buying more than one copy of MI:SE?

parabolee

With a mind to helping MI2:SE get made, I know I will probably buy at least three copies and gift 2 to friends that never played but probably wouldn't but it themselves.

Since it will probably be $10 and I'd happily pay $20 an another $30 for MI2:SE. I'll buy a multiple happily.

I will definitely be buying both versions, plus several gift copies if at all possible.

Over the years i have spent a lot of time and money trying to get the myriad languages, versions and ports of the MI series in my collection (old pic now) and while these have no physical media, they still count to me :) . After paying fm-towns prices for years im finding it sorta easier to justify spending extra to share it with friends and family. That being said, ive had to get away from collecting for the last year or so due to bad economy so it really just depends where im at at that point.

Pretty much the same goes for tales, ive preordered the PC version from telltale and ill probably grab the wii ware versions as well as they come out if for no other reason than to support new monkey islands.

I dunno, do you think it will only be $10? My guess is it will be $20 or 1600MS points.

I only plan on buying one copy (undecided between PC and XBL) but I'll be pestering all my friends to buy it as well.

I'll definitely be going with the PC version, as then the inevitable fan utilities can be used (music extraction, ability to combine old graphics with voice-overs, etc). Also I really like how adventure games are controlled on a PC.

I'll only be buying it once, though.

I dunno, do you think it will only be $10? My guess is it will be $20 or 1600MS points.

I only plan on buying one copy (undecided between PC and XBL) but I'll be pestering all my friends to buy it as well.

No way, I will be shocked if it's $20. Although now I think about it, $15 is more likely that 10.

Take a look at this list of game prices for an idea -

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21978

800 = $10

1200 = $15

1600 = $20

Sensible World of Soccer was $10, Worms was $5, S Street Fighter II HD (received a comparable upgrade) was $15. Even Portal was only $15.

So I would be shocked if they tried to charge $20 for it. I'd still happily pay it though, but I'd buy less gift copies.

More evidence that we all need to buy more than one copy! From talesofmi.net :-

Greg Howson, of The Guardian’s Games blog, recently got the chance to sit down with Craig Derrick, SMI:SE producer, and ask him some questions. That has resulted in this interview. Asked if LeChuck’s Revenge may get a special edition, Craig answers:

Monkey 2 is definitely high on my list, but the special edition is really a great big experiment to see what interest there is for these types of games and if people are interested in playing them on a console. If the fans* really respond well, then I think it will be tough to say no to another one..

So you know what to do, buy the game! And that should be made a bit easier soon, since Craig Derrick reveals that LucasArts ‘may have another platform announcement to make very, very soon’. Could this be… Monkey Island on iPhone? We’ll see. Meanwhile, read the interview.

* That's us :D

Link to interview

Heck, if the PC version had a higher price than the XBLA version I would be extremely shocked (and appalled). Like many others, I will probably get both the XBLA and PC version. Likewise, when TMI is inevitably released on XBLA as a complete package (like Sam & Max) I'll buy that version too ;)

I actually seem to remember wanting the PS2 version of EMI at the time of release but then I never got a PS2.

Archived