Home

Fads: Past? Current?

What have you been into in the past couple years? Right now?

When I was a kid, I loved Lego; more specifically a theme called Bionicle. I knew (or think I knew) everything about it for its first couple years, and it brought me infinite joy while I was into it. Eventually it was replaced by Star Wars for the next 3-4 years. I loved that to bits, priding myself in knowing all the obscurest facts about it etc much like with Bionicle.

I havnt been into anything for the past year or two; my love for Star Wars has died down, but I still enjoy it.

I bought about 20 high quality Lightsaber replica hilts over a two year period... I'd still be doing it now, but I seem to have them all hehe.

I used to have a thing for Trainers (Sneakers) When I used to Skateboard, I had like 30+ pairs lol, but I stick to a couple of pairs at a time now.

I loved that to bits, priding myself in knowing all the obscurest facts about it
As do I haha, I collect all the Novels, comics, encyclopedias, guides, you name it. Always been a Star Wars Fanatic (Although I was a Closet SW fan during my teenage years/early 20's, to indulge in the "Finer things in Life" If ya Nahh Meeen? :p)

I'm too cool for fads. :kamina:

Actually I used to collect anything and everything Star Wars, particularly the action figures. I have about 600 carded Star Wars figures and many of the toys that were released in the nineties and early 00s. I even have some very large items like a gas station r2 d2 cooler. Anyone looking to buy some Star Wars toys? Just let me know what ya need. :D

I used to be into Bionicle as well. I've still got so many of them that I'll occasionally go build something. Usually it'll be a beast from my imagination, or something more complex. The last thing I built was an arm slightly larger than my own.

I was into Legos when I was a kid, that was about it. I've gotten to be a fan of bubble blowing, its really simple and easy and quite cheap and when I'm with my friends we make smoke bubbles using a hookah and bubble pipes which are quite awesome looking. I also like soccer/notamericanfootball, I'm terrible at the game but I still enjoy playing pick up games with out any real stress to win.

Well as long as I can remember, I've been into Star Wars. It sorta runs in the family you could say. But I also did love me some legos! Yep, those things were the bomb. I remember collection bionicles too. I also collected comic books for a couple of years, old and new. Of course I've always played video games, now I searching around for old and rare NES and SNES games.

I haven't had too many 'fads' that I know of. Aside from going mad on all Star Trek from about 10-15, I don't think I've had any worthy of note.

Although, what many may percieve as a fad can often bloom into a lifelong passion or hobby. A few years ago, when I started Horse riding, everyone assumed it was a fad (because it coincided with me buying a lot of Western DVDs), but three years on, it's a big part of my life, and I don't plan on quitting any time soon.

I like to read about Pokemons on the internet while wearing my acid wash jeans.

I pompously resisted the Pokémon fad that took India in 2002/2003, but then fell in as well. I was a walking Pokédex, knowing every Pokémon's type and name, etc. all the way to Ruby/Sapphire. Then I got bored, but it's still an awesome game and it was a fun TV series.

And yes, I do put the accent on Pokémon.

Hmm. Well I used to ride my bike all the time.

I was a workout fanatic. I miss all those vibrant colored athletic clothes. Gotta get back into it. Swinging a hammer isn't helping my core strength.

I was into lasers bigtime. I still am, but now I've had to knock it down several notches because of how expensive this hobby can get for the required parts. For an idea what I'm talking about: http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/laserfaq.htm

Swordsmanship: I have done fencing both freelance and for SCA, since the captian moved away to hawaii with his bride to be I am left to fend for myself and have read up on Chinese bladework, Philippine Arn`is/Eskrima, and am studying Japanese bladework kendo/kenjuitsu + Iaido. The fencers of LF are going to hate me for saying this, I know, but the 7 lightsaber forms (diverse as they are meant to be) are actually based on the 7 long-sword froms of the katana.

Then a bit of martial arts here and there. And some application out in the woods with my friends with this, and weapons.

Gaming. I have several consoles. Actually should get rid of some stuff. Other than cleaning out my computer not a whole lot going on here. Like the ideas of modding, and hacking.

Electronics: I am a scrounger of sorts. Amazing stuff you can find in dead appliances. Free.

Anime...meh could take or leave.

Figure collecting. Yeah, I've done that.

Collecting in general. Assorted stuff. Behold my current prize:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=336&pictureid=3563
Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=336&pictureid=3562
Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=336&pictureid=3561
Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=336&pictureid=3560
Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=336&pictureid=3559

It is an authorized reprint picture of an ROTJ still photo, with the autographs of several cast members as ewoks.

@pokemon: i used to absolutely love it when i was 6 or 7. im pretty sure i knew all the pokemon in the first series, and that rap (lol). it was great until there was this thing on a current affairs show in which some kid beat up another kid for a pokemon card, and the victim kid died in hospital. the parents saw it and banned me and my sister from pokemon, and anything anime.

i hated that show host from that point on.

since then, ive had many an anime show ripped from me as a kid. Shinzo, Cardcaptors, Yugioh, and DBZ. unlike the others, i never was allowed to watch dbz in the first place. (which made me want it all the more :D )

but now i dont watch tv all that much. and i cant be bothered with anime. i see a possibility of fad, but feel nothing to proactively pursue it.

Swordsmanship: I have done fencing both freelance and for SCA, since the captian moved away to hawaii with his bride to be I am left to fend for myself and have read up on Chinese bladework, Philippine Arn`is/Eskrima, and am studying Japanese bladework kendo/kenjuitsu + Iaido. The fencers of LF are going to hate me for saying this, I know, but the 7 lightsaber forms (diverse as they are meant to be) are actually based on the 7 long-sword froms of the katana.

Awesome +5

When it came out, it was Half-Life 2.

I knew it all, from how many curves were on a Combine Advisor's Face to how many pictures were on that Board in Dr. Kleiner's Lab and what they were of.

But then it kinda got dummed down, Ravenholm wasn't creepy, Antlions just became annoying, Hell, I even got bored of Barney.

I've gone through Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, video games, Star Wars figurine collecting (which I continue every Christmas ;))...various things. I've been into writing for a few years now, don't plan for that to stop. Besides that, I keep bouncing around my other fads. :p

Archived