Home

Improving TALES OF MONKEY ISLAND!

Guy.brush

Yeah, that model has new lighting. You can tell from looking at various places, like under his arm and the tip of his quiff. Like I said before, they already told us that what we've seen so far doesn't include their finished lighting, so the arguing is pointless :p

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I could say the same for all the daylight sections of MI2 :/

Do you have lights where you live? Do you prefer ambient lights you keep in the corner to give your real world a more realistic feel ¬_¬ Have you ever been outside?! o.O

To anyone not on the TellTale forums, one of the TellTale guys posted this in reply to Guy.brush:

gearsofguybrush1.jpg

Thought you might want to see it! I love it! :D

ROFL :D

that has to be the funniest thing ive seen all day

EDIT: QUICK! some on start working on the pixel-sprite for COG-Guybrush! :p

OMG! Gears Of Monkey! Coming for the Xbox 360 in 2015!

Features:

*Unreal 5 Engine graphics*

*Cool blur effects*

*Popcorn Consumption for Internet arguments*

GET IT NOW!

Oh wait you can't until 2015.

Great pic btw.

If you Pre-Order it right now you'll get some useless crap that you'll never use and probably find in the back of you garage during your mid-life crisis!

I find it sad when all they can muster is the typical "all you fanboys want is brown, greyish desaturated goo with too much Unreal-engine bloom" response.

if their engine would be up to snuff, I would find that response funny too...

btw I like my games colorful too, just with a better lighting model. ;-P

I find it sad when all they can muster is the typical "all you fanboys want is brown, greyish desaturated goo with too much Unreal-engine bloom" response.

Then get Gears Of Monkey now! And by now I mean pre-order it, only to have it lost in mail about 3 months after release!

OMG! Gears Of Monkey! Coming for the Xbox 360 in 2015!

Features:

*Unreal 5 Engine graphics*

*Cool blur effects*

*Popcorn Consumption for Internet arguments*

GET IT NOW!

Oh wait you can't until 2015.

Great pic btw.

If you Pre-Order it right now you'll get some useless crap that you'll never use and probably find in the back of you garage during your mid-life crisis!

Man, you love that popcorn don't you :p The best thing about it is that it was one of the TellTale Team that posted it and it was created (or already had it for such a situation) in less than 10 minutes!

I can almost guarantee that you are the ONLY person who doesn't want Gears of Guybrush!

What were you hoping to achieve by posting those? The game is six days from release, being made by a core team of at most two dozen people who are in this because we love telling adventure game stories. While I wouldn't mind having some of the features you point out as being something you can "just" put into the game (PS: "just" is an extremely dangerous word, especially when trying to tell someone else how to do their job), we're a small studio which builds our tech in slow iterations with a focus on internal usability -- nearly every piece of the core toolset is built so that anyone in the company can use it, which is the only way we're able to actually turn around content with such small teams and on the rapid schedule episodic online content needs. For the record, we do have some post processing going on right now (for depth of field and glow/soft focus) but we don't have full screen gamut/contrast exposed at this time.

You just got told Guy.brush! Back down now! Jesus Christ...

Silly me, I know how it must feel to them :)

They probably work their asses off to get the first episode polished and an outsider fiddles offline with their screenshots to "improve" them.

Guess the timing was more than bad from my side :)

I had a big smile on my face when I saw all the high contrast, pitch black fake screenshots and the Gears Of War joke with the lenseflare pr0n mocking me. Really I did.

You can all mock me all day long, it doesn't change the fact that deep-down, we all want good proper dramatic lighting for our favorite game series :-P

You can all mock me all day long, it doesn't change the fact that deep-down, we all want good proper dramatic lighting for our favorite game series :-P

I don't, I just want a funny and engaging adventure game.

It could look like the Commodore 64 version of Maniac Mansion, as long as it is true to Monkey Island.

Well actually I prefer the cartoony feel, as I think it suits the comedy in the game more. You know what Ron Gilbert was saying about how he didn't like the SMI close ups because they were too realistic.

But hey, at least you've finally given in... *evil laugh*

thx Scapetti for ****ting on me across the whole interweb btw.

You still don't get that cartoony doesn't have to equal bland lighting, but I give up. FOR NOW MUAHAHAHHA

You're welcome but can you please go back to the Telltale forum and stick up for them because you've now put them in quite a bad light with quite a few people. Especially considering you edited your posts to make them seem more flattering. Either edit your posts back to how they were or reply to the people on their yourself ¬_¬ Seriously, I'm not impressed with this!

Archived