Home

Live Action Star Wars TV Show?

Fredi

Well I have been waiting and waiting since I heard that George Lucas was going to make a live action tv show about SW, Can some one give me info? cause since then I have not heard nothing about it, only that George was starting to look for actors and casting for the tv show.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if it is eventually produced, I wouldn't place too much hope in its being any good.

Not a guarantee that it's going to suck, but, given the course of events over the past ten years...

I wouldn't say not having Jedi would make it better, but it will help the production team delve a little deeper into the continuity, and hopefully pull away from the recent samey Clone Wars/Jedi centric palette. I've been praying for some Original trilogy Love for a very long time now, eg: I was hoping TUF was gonna balance out the continuity, yet it went even more over the top... Lets see if the TV show will do it.

Yeah, I'm hoping the series will lean more to the original trilogy than the prequels and Clone Wars. Keeping out the Jedi would certainly help, the focus on the Jedi in the PT and CW were a bit too much. On the other hand, Jedi have always been a part of what makes Star Wars different from anything else, but luckily, Star Wars has much more elements that make it distinguishable than only Jedi.

I think that having no jedi appearing will give the audience a new perspective on how life in the Star Wars universe works. For most of the films we've seen mostly Jedi so I'm really looking forward to this. :D

I'm still hoping that Asajj Ventress makes an apperance though, even if it's a minor one. :p

It might be interesting to put less emphasis on jedi/sith and on other charachters. But w/o either it really could then be any scifi show. I suppose of they were reduced to secondary or tertiary status, that'd be quite fine. As long as the stories are good, that's all that would really count.

It might be interesting to put less emphasis on jedi/sith and on other charachters. But w/o either it really could then be any scifi show. I suppose of they were reduced to secondary or tertiary status, that'd be quite fine. As long as the stories are good, that's all that would really count.

Yeah, without recognizable characters there could be a fair disconnect from Star Wars.

I am assuming that "no jedi" simply means that none of the main characters are Jedi, but we'll most likely see some force users now and then.

The Clone Wars TV show has episodes now and then that focus entirely on the clones, and they are actually decent episodes so I could see a series living off of that.

I would like to see more scoundrels and bounty hunters, and as well some action like a battle or something like that.

Agreed. Star Wars has been all about huge fleets and armies organized by admirals and generals directing forces with finely ingrained military tactics. The wars we have been fighting have been more difficult than we ever expected because we envisioned our opposition using the same tactics of the Soviet Union.

Yeah, without recognizable characters there could be a fair disconnect from Star Wars.

I am assuming that "no jedi" simply means that none of the main characters are Jedi, but we'll most likely see some force users now and then.

The Clone Wars TV show has episodes now and then that focus entirely on the clones, and they are actually decent episodes so I could see a series living off of that.

I would overall tend to agree. I wasn't really clear about whether the distinction was one of no jedi/sith charachters in any episodes, perhaps mentioned only in passing, or merely no jedi/sith main roles in such a series. SW is a big enough universe that you could create decent plots w/little or no use of J/S. Just pick good actors and writers.

The wars we have been fighting have been more difficult than we ever expected because we envisioned our opposition using the same tactics of the Soviet Union.

I think that after Vietnam we realized that an insurgency/guerrilla campaign was a real possibility. Probably even factored into the concept of being abble to handle "2-1/2 wars" before the Clinton era builddown. Given that Iraq was a former Soviet client state, not unrealistic. Don't believe anyone really saw the Afghan campaign as the same. Whole thing sort of reminds you of the old saying...careful what you wish for, you might just get it (and the other about no plan surviving contact with the enemy).

I would like to see more characters interacting amongst one another outside of the action sequences... that would make the shows cheaper to produce as well. In Star Trek DS9, they had characters grow closer towards one another and form friendships where there were none to begin with. In the Movies, that happened as well minus about 95% of the content you needed to show why two people became close friends. The rest was just assumed to have happened off screen. More 'onscreen' content.

You know, that sounds a lot like character development, which was something that was actually featured in the OT. One of the main reasons that the PT sucked as badly as it did was because the character development was so visibly absent, IMO.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I know necro... but I really didn't want to create a new thread just for this. Besides, this thread is more relevant than the ones about the cartoon or the budget per episode ;)

Anywho....

Star Wars producer, Rick McCallum dished a little bit about the iconic franchise's long-planned live-action TV series. It appears that the show will indeed be hugely ambitious. However, that ambition will apparently put the show back into developmental purgatory while its grand details are fleshed-out.

“It takes place between episodes three and four, when Luke Skywalker was growing up as a teenager, but it has nothing to do with Luke,” he said, adding that there is no young Luke Skywalker in any of the episodes."
boooooooo... was hoping more in line with the KotOR time period. I'm over the PT/OT years :¬:

source

boooooooo... was hoping more in line with the KotOR time period. I'm over the PT/OT years :¬:

As far as I can remember, they've always said that any live-action series would be set between the Trilogies.

I agree it's overdone, but this show, if it ever sees the light, has always been Lucas' plaything, and we all know he couldn't give a Gundark's ass about anything beyond his perhaps limited view.

Archived