Home

More Big LucasArts News? Super Star Wars is here! LA Back Catalog Megathread

Jeff

I'm actually happy. Alright, so expect something else, more perhaps. But I was just asking myself a couple of days ago why LucasArts wasn't on Steam. And now they are. Now I can get to play the Indiana Jones games. :)

Oh yeah, and Monkey Island Special Edition can be downloaded from Steam on 15th July.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1994:

"You know what would be totally awesome, Jake?"

"I don't know, what?"

"If all these LucasArts games... I could just download them off the Internet."

"Right, games that huge? Off the Internet? Nobody's selling."

"You'll see. One day there will be a digital distribution system when people have extremely fast Internet connections, and they will just download their video games from the Internet, games like Loom, and Indiana Jones. That's my dream. That's what I want in my life."

"Riiiight. And that's when I'll be banging three-breasted hookers in a flying car."

"You'll see. You'll all see."

Pretty happy with the announcement, and glad to hear more is to come. I have not played Loom or The Dig so I will almost definitely get those (eventually at least). Also, the absence of MI2 and maybe Day of the Tentacle gives more likelihood to more special editions like SoMI.

Seriously, there's torrents for all their older games. This isn't anything special.

It isn't anything legal either, is it? :raise:

I'm pretty satisfied with the announcement. I like Steam, and having access to some of these games through it seems pretty nice. A bunch of those games I've already played, but there's still a couple that I'd like to have.

I'm a bit dissapointed, since I was hoping a remake or sequel of an "old school" game...
Well, we already have Secret of MI Special Edition coming out next week. LEC has said that any future remakes will depend on how this one sells. So make sure you buy it if you want more!

Well, we already have Secret of MI Special Edition coming out next week. LEC has said that any future remakes will depend on how this one sells. So make sure you buy it if you want more!

MI:SE was a big surprise when they announced it. Maybe I'll buy it. However, I am still hoping for "any old Star Wars game:SE".

If they price Loom for anything around $5, then I'll puke. It's a good game and all, but you can beat it in half an hour. If anything, it should be freeware.

Same goes for Republic Commando; $5, at the least.

I've never finished Loom, but c'mon, I'd definitely pitch RC at $15-$20, it was great.

I've never finished Loom, but c'mon, I'd definitely pitch RC at $15-$20, it was great.
Well, yeah, I loved it, but it was just too damn short. I mean, the gameplay and immersion factor was the best the thing about, but again, it was over far too soon.

Archived