Home

More Big LucasArts News? Super Star Wars is here! LA Back Catalog Megathread

Jeff

So this means I can finally get Battlefront II for PC? Woohoo!

They dont have BF2 in stores/online auctions on Manda'yaim?

1994:

"You know what would be totally awesome, Jake?"

"I don't know, what?"

"If all these LucasArts games... I could just download them off the Internet."

"Right, games that huge? Off the Internet? Nobody's selling."

"You'll see. One day there will be a digital distribution system when people have extremely fast Internet connections, and they will just download their video games from the Internet, games like Loom, and Indiana Jones. That's my dream. That's what I want in my life."

"Riiiight. And that's when I'll be banging three-breasted hookers in a flying car."

"You'll see. You'll all see."

:rofl:

@announcement:

I hope they put up those old sw titles. i cant find them anywhere here in NZ.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, yeah, I loved it, but it was just too damn short. I mean, the gameplay and immersion factor was the best the thing about, but again, it was over far too soon.

Mmm low length yes, but it was kind of smexy. The game totally needed sequels to justify its length.

Imperial Commando, where are you? ;_;

I've never finished Loom, but c'mon, I'd definitely pitch RC at $15-$20, it was great.
Agreed. It's short, yeah, but it's a game you can keep returning to, and it's a great game. Also agree on Imperial Commando (who doesn't). :)

lame.

Totally agreed, but did you expect any different? This is LA we're talking about, where "not lame" is the exception rather than the rule these days.

Please note that it wasn't always like this.

Yeah, the atmosphere, characters and stuff were really top quality. Gameplay itself is basically Halo with tactical elements. Not totally awesome, but not too shabby either, it gets the job done. What really blows is how short the game is.

The more I think of it, it seems that RC was just planned as a Halo-themed Episode III tie-in of sorts, just another addition to the EU, but it actually ended up being pretty fantastic. Definitely worth the seven bucks, SW.

I might consider getting Republic Commando through this. Seven quid sounds reasonable enough for it, and reports of the gameplay seem good. Actually, many of the prices seem fair enough.

I can only echo the comments below - I went into Republic Commando expecting to find a run of the mill FPS, but was pleasantly surprised by what I got - it's definately worth £7.

^ Get it, but not really because of the gameplay. I can't find a proper analogy, but it's a little sluggish. Strong points goes for atmosphere, story and dialogs. On a FPS, even a tactical one, it's something to be taken in high regard.

Yeah, the atmosphere, characters and stuff were really top quality. Gameplay itself is basically Halo with tactical elements. Not totally awesome, but not too shabby either, it gets the job done. What really blows is how short the game is.

The more I think of it, it seems that RC was just planned as a Halo-themed Episode III tie-in of sorts, just another addition to the EU, but it actually ended up being pretty fantastic. Definitely worth the seven bucks, SW.

*Shameless Plug* Y'know, you can always express your love for Republic Commando over on the RC forums... :¬:

And Carth's in it. Well, as Scorch, that is. I'm not sure if that's an argument pro or contra, however.

I like his work, but Raphael Sbarge seems to pop up in a lot of video games.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS LUCASARTS!!
They will never see that. All any publisher or dev can see is the absolute mint Blizzard makes with WOW. They all want their slice of the pie, and they are all convinced they have the winning formula that will bring them the same level of success (even though nobody has come anywhere close as yet - and likely never will).

• 5 weeks later...

Archived