Home

New Legend of Zelda for Wii?!

Hey guys. I thought that even though this is a lucas forum site It would be alrite to talk about other videogames and Video Game Companys. I recently finished the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the 5th time. I got kinda of anoyed that they are so focused on all of these new Zeldas for ds ( I think there boaring...). So I went on the internet to check out some of the rumored Legend of Zeldas. I found out that there will be one coming out next year. Heres some art they released.

Heres the art: zelda_wii2.jpg

Heres what Miyamoto had to say about it:

Miyamoto: Well, the story setting for this Zelda is, of course, in a completely different era and Link is older than he was previously. More approaching adulthood. There is one hint. Maybe from the art work you can see that he’s not holding a sword.

That was only a piece of the whole interview imbetween IGN and Miyamoto.

Now here is a piece of art and the artists impresion of Miyamotos comment and the concept art.

Heres the art: Zelda_Wii_Rumor_by_TomPreston.jpg

Heres the artists comment: A press release concept art for the new Zelda Wii game was leaked during E3. It features a picture of Link standing with his back to the camera, a shield in one hand and no sword in the other. Standing in-front of Link is a strange looking creature. With a pointed head, flowing cape, and metallic shine there’s been some speculation that she/he/it might just be a physical representation of the Master Sword. Especially given the fact that Link is not holding a sword.

This online debate has spiraled so crazily that there are now “roof” images comparing different parts of the metallic person’s anatomy to the parts of the sword. I just couldn’t help myself after reading some of these rather far-fetched ideas.

In a couple of months this joke won’t even make any sense because the new Zelda game will ultimately be released and we’ll all play it. But for now at least, we can speculate and have a little fun making fun of the speculating while we’re at it. ENJOY!

You can view the full interview and the image at: http://wii.ign.com/articles/991/991714p1.html

So Nintendo invent the Wii, and we all notice the potential for using the Wiimote as a sword. Then Nintendo design a Zelda game for the Wii, and it's the first one in the series not to feature a sword?

Heh.

So Nintendo invent the Wii, and we all notice the potential for using the Wiimote as a sword. Then Nintendo design a Zelda game for the Wii, and it's the first one in the series not to feature a sword?

Heh.

Ya Disabpointing. If it does come down to this than I probably wont buy it.

Archived