Home

The timeline videos...

GonkH8er

So we all know that the timeline videos are being slowly released, and we're just had our third video.

But did you see this...

timeline.jpg

The timeline videos they are giving us are moving backwards in time.

You can also click on the unreleased timeline tabs and see what the upcoming videos will be about.

timelines.jpg

So.... which timeline videos are you looking forward to?

I'm a bit dubious as to what they have changed, I completely trust what they already established, and any new material intrigues me... Just dont want to see questionable retconns that's all, Hope its all good :)

I guess I'm most looking forward to the Exar Kun stuff... as It is my favorite era, Ulic and Exar ftw.

Whoah, hadn't noticed that. I guess those haven't been added rather recently. I remember checking out the earlier records, but there was nothing.

Anyway, a little sad there's no mention of the Exile or anything linked to TSL whatsoever. For the topics I'm interested in, the Schisms and the first Sith Lords arriving on Korriban.

Hopefully we're given any indication that the events of KotOR II actually happened, because as of now, BioWare has shown enough to support the notion that they're conveniently ignoring K2's contributions to the canon.

Other than that, anything about the restoration of the Jedi Order after the First Jedi Purge would be welcome.

I disagree with you PastramiX. Not only is the idea of the True Sith a direct result of TSL, but the fact that they are moving towards a player centralized story rather than a quest centralized story means that despite the massive cut content TSL was a success.

Frankly, there's not much to be said about the Exile's accomplishments. Without LS Exile, the Republic would have fallen and Malachor would have continued to unleash an endless set of Force Echoes that would have corrupted all life. LS Exile saved the Galaxy.

I disagree with you PastramiX. Not only is the idea of the True Sith a direct result of TSL, but the fact that they are moving towards a player centralized story rather than a quest centralized story means that despite the massive cut content TSL was a success.
No, that's what I'm saying; TSL contributed much to the canon, but as of now, the only thing that confirms that TSL ever existed in TOR's timeline is the presence of the True Sith, but even then, there's barely any mention of any other events that occurred in TSL. This is why I have reason to believe that TSL is being "ignored", sans the True Sith concept, which seems to be oddly placed to begin with.

I'm mainly looking forward to all the videos of the early Jedi because I'm writing an early draft of what I hope to one day become an official Star Wars novel about the origins of the Jedi Order. I'm waiting for them to release all their information on this era so that I don't write anything that contradicts it and therefore have to do less alterations.

Unfortunately, at the rate they're putting these things out, it looks like it'll be two years before they get to that era. :( Is it safe to say that they're updating the timeline every two months? That's what it looks like to me.

The Second Great Schism is of interest.

Unfortunately, at the rate they're putting these things out, it looks like it'll be two years before they get to that era. :( Is it safe to say that they're updating the timeline every two months? That's what it looks like to me.

As with the webcomic, we don't have to "end" the Timelines with the launch of the game. In fact, wouldn't it be more interesting if they continued and once we reached the "beginning" of history, we then continued forward?

I was actually thinking of that possibility a few days ago. So it's possible the timeline videos will continue once the game has already been released. Whether these updates will be new ones, or updates that we can see now, isn't known. (This also makes me hopeful for an eventual Sith Civil War holorecord :))

I have been following these with great interest - it's probably my favorite part of the swtor website. The Webcomics are great too, but I find myself more riveted by the timeline entries.

I am most looking forward to the 3 earliest in the timeline ("Force "Discovered" on Tython", "The Force War on Tython", and "The Jedi Order is Established"). I'm also interested in "The First Dark Sith Lords on Korriban" - that has always been an interesting topic for me.

The timeline has really ratcheted this whole experience up a notch for me. I was already brimming with excitement because of my love for KotOR 1 and 2, but was a bit wary (and still am) because of the MMO aspect. However, throwing in some ancient Jedi/Sith history, and relating that to the KotOR storyline has really piqued my interest.

No, that's what I'm saying; TSL contributed much to the canon, but as of now, the only thing that confirms that TSL ever existed in TOR's timeline is the presence of the True Sith, but even then, there's barely any mention of any other events that occurred in TSL. This is why I have reason to believe that TSL is being "ignored", sans the True Sith concept, which seems to be oddly placed to begin with.

I think because of the way that the events in the canon occurred is why there is little mention. For one thing, the Timeline is written by a Jedi Master, which in general tends to mean pro-Republic sympathies. I don't think anyone wants to acknowledge the fact that Revan's Sith Empire all but obliterated the Republic and that had not a vigilante Jedi outcast intervened the Exchange, Czerka, the HK-50s and the Sith Triumvirate would have easily finished them off. It doesn't do the Republic image good if the records clearly state that the Senate is a miserable failure of a congressional body and the Galaxy might have been more stable under Revan's Empire.

I want to see what this guy has to say about Revan. As well as any cool pics they might have of him.

Yeah I'm curious about that as well. I hope the storyline delves deeply into what happened with Revan. The inner fanboy hopes he found a way to prolong his life like some of the other Sith masters, but BioWare has stated that only droids could last long enough to make a reappearance from the KotOR series. Accepting that he won't be in the game, I do have high hopes that we get a large amount of information about what happened once he left the known galaxy to fight the True Sith.

Archived