Home

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

Source

Gurrah asks: I’ll keep it short: No PC version, why? I’m sad.

Tim Schafer: Well it’s really an action game, that when you play it you’ll see that it was meant to be on a console.

My question is, ‘Why all the hate for consoles?’ If you hate consoles, that means you hate Katamari Damacy, Okami, ICO, and you are in fact a bad person. A bad person who should send all their hate mail to Eurogamer and not to me.

Super Moderating Hero: Cheeky! Will there ever be a PC version? Is there hope?

Tim Schafer: We are really focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 version right now.

Well, damn.

Although this might skim hope of a PC port released in tandem with the PS3 and 360, Schafer's last rather glib line does not completely rule out the possibility of a PC port after console debut. Still, the "it was meant to be on a console" tirade is a rather piss-poor excuse, and seems to be a sign of Activision and then EA's corruption on Schafer.

Mmm nothing new, Schafer said the same stuff before, the whole "don't ask us about PC I don't ****ing know" response. But he's got a point with Okami and ICO (and Shadow of the Colossus, which I'm sure he meant in an implied implication kind of way).

At the end of the day, it's not Tim's decision anyway. He just put the reality into a more digestible format (he was joking BTW): their game engine wasn't built to run on a PC, it'd require a monumental amount of testing to get the port to work on all the hardware out there, and it'd probably be pirated into oblivion anyway.

Nowadays it just doesn't make financial sense to bother with PC ports unless the game's really suitable for the platform (ie: first-person shooter, adventure, or real-time strategy), regardless of whether or not you're Tim Schafer. :(

Archived