Home

Sarah Palin resigning

No the main reason McCain went down is because hes a RINO (Republican in Name Only). Both him and his daughter act like mini-democrats. He wasnt even supported by a majority of Republicans. I believe he sabotaged his own campaign really. He was the Red Herring/Ross Perot of 2008.

There was actual reasons given if you watch channels that dont smear and malign Republicans every chance they get. :)

Oh and just because she resigned doesnt mean shes out of the picture. ;)

Actually I'm kind of sad about this, may even shed a tear.

with W gone and now no Palin, where will Letterman get his material?

his ass. because his jokes are ****. :iceburn:

No the main reason McCain went down is because hes a RINO (Republican in Name Only). Both him and his daughter act like mini-democrats. He wasnt even supported by a majority of Republicans. I believe he sabotaged his own campaign really. He was the Red Herring/Ross Perot of 2008.

There was actual reasons given if you watch channels that dont smear and malign Republicans every chance they get. :)

Oh and just because she resigned doesnt mean shes out of the picture. ;)

no she's a retard and the majority opinion is that her retardation spread throughout the mccain campaign and turned people off of the ticket on the whole you can whine LIEBERAL MEDIA CONSPIRACY all you want though have fun~!

McCain isn't a republican? Sure, he isn't an extremist but even if he is a challenger I still consider him as a right-leaning individual.

Well, consider that even with his stance he was -still- the one voted in by the Republic Party to be their representative over many other far-right candidates. Regardless of his lack of partisan extremism, he was picked over everyone else to lead and was doing fairly well in the polls until Palin. She gave him a boost when she first showed up, but the more she talked the quicker his campaign went down.

It was fault on both of them, but I cannot connect "wasn't supported by a majority of republicans" when the majority voted him in. Sure, the party is not thrilled about him but he still got the votes. Obama hardly had the support of every Democrat, but that matters little when you have a system as black and white as ours.

She also didn't help by somehow becoming more of a figurehead than McCain in his own presidency. This is the fault of McCain, his Camp, the Media, and Palin's insistence on talking. If everything else is shot down, she at least helped bring McCain own by taking the spotlight either on purpose, against her will, or both. Being a politician, I'll go with both.

As well as her, the public opinion on this election was for a middle leaning individual. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the reason McCain was opted in over far-right individuals is that even the Republican Party desired someone as far away from far-right Bush/Cheney as possible. Public opinion was left-leaning for the majority of the election getting off of the last 8 years, which was perfect for candidates like McCain and left-leaning individuals like Hilary and Obama.

He shot himself in the foot by grabbing a far-far-far right individual and making her his VP. It should have been obvious to him that the reason he got as far as he did was -because- his camp was not typical Republican. His "rebel" thing helped him out a lot, but a woman like Palin does not fit the definition of "rebel" if she is a fundamentalist conservative. The two directly contradict themselves.

And, even if you watch Fox News exclusively, it still is not hard to piece together that the Party is not doing so well right now. Moderates, like McCain, arn't doing so bad but the Far-right members have been sabotaging the party for the last year as evidenced by the party's numerous attempts at re-branding both itself, and opposing parties. America had its 8 years of Far-right lean and, as evidenced by the election, got fed up with it and, as evidenced by the current state of both Fox and the Republican party, it doesn't look good for them until the next election, in which case another drastic country party lean would be required. Although this is nothing new as this is how elections have worked for the past 50 years or so.

He did not sabotage his own campaign by being a "mini-democrat". He sabotaged it because he tried to be a far-right republican through a proxy.

This game is played by both sides. Also, what "channels" do you speak of. As far as I can tell, most news sources cut her down while Fox and Radio have turned her into a minor diety so I'm not entirely sure where this middle ground is. My opinion is based on her terrible speeches, stances, and generally the way she spoke to people in an incredibly condescending and high-horse manner which was a mirror opposite of McCain's polite, respectful speaking habits.

Oh and just because she resigned doesn't mean shes out of the picture. ;)

I don't doubt for a second she still wont be in the media. She is a politician after all. We'll most likely be seeing her in the 2012 campaign, and she'll shut herself off from voters in the same way she did McCain. She has pointed out on her Twitter that she is not seeking re-election however. My guess is, again, she is going to help talk care of her daughter's baby. That, and I think she wanted to disappear out of the lime light as her opinion poll has been slipping down for awhile.

Just as an FYI, I like John McCain. I respect someone who challenges their own party, and he (before he sold his soul for the presidency) was one of my favorite politicians. I was most likely going to vote for him over Obama originally but Palin cut that option off to me seeing as I wasn't part of "real America" and apparently wasn't worth her time. Trying to appeal to rural and middle America was her biggest mistake, and her opinion that they are superior to everyone else is her greatest character flaw.

I'm with Avery, though he didn't just move right by proxy, he did a damn good job himself. Here is the most centrist candidate who end up loosing the centrist vote, which was more due to his right-flopping than Palin being the VP.

As for Palin, while I think she intends to quit politis, what if she won't and decide to try her luck in four years time? Bobby J shot himself in the foot, Mark S blasted them off. And with Mit Romney or Mike Hukabe as likely front runners, she's got a chance to make it.

no she's a retard and the majority opinion is that her retardation spread throughout the mccain campaign and turned people off of the ticket on the whole you can whine LIEBERAL MEDIA CONSPIRACY all you want though have fun~!

_EW_

And Aash would lose to Avery in a faceoff :thmbup1:

_EW_

And Aash would lose to Avery in a faceoff :thmbup1:

A cuddle face-off?

That is a fight I could get behind.

I'm with Avery' date=' though he didn't just move right by proxy, he did a damn good job himself. Here is the most centrist candidate who end up loosing the centrist vote, which was more due to his right-flopping than Palin being the VP.[/quote']

Definitely on both their shoulder's. It was amazing how much I came to dislike him over the course of the election. By the end he was just completely out of character, and that was a depressing sight.

As for Palin' date=' while I think she intends to quit politis, what if she won't and decide to try her luck in four years time? Bobby J shot himself in the foot, Mark S blasted them off. And with Mit Romney or Mike Hukabe as likely front runners, she's got a chance to make it.[/quote']

Indeed, but hopefully the Obama election helped open some doors for a new generation of candidates so the next election may be almost as interesting as this one was.

Indeed, but hopefully the Obama election helped open some doors for a new generation of candidates so the next election may be almost as interesting as this one was.

That's asuming the GOP don't continue their, lets kill the RINOS (i.e anyone in the american centre-right, which is still pretty darn rightish) strategy.

IMHO Palin got a taste of the national spotlight and now thinks she can leave little ole' Alaska behind since they're not supporting her like she wants. If she does decide to run for President in 2012 I seriously doubt she'll have enough support in the Republican party to win the nomination. She is way too polarizing of a figure.

In retrospect I think she may have cost McCain the election. At first having a female running mate did him a great deal of service in attracting former Hillary supporters, but she did lean towards more extreme views of the conservative ideology and that brought McCain, the most moderate individual in the Republican Party at the time, an extremist image, even though he was the one who tried to stop the unfair criticism of Obama.

She will only be able to win a Presidential Election if a) you have another Democrat like John Kerry who wasn't appealing enough in his own right and b) if the country swings to the right in a significant way.

I do however think that as an individual and not as a politician she does not deserve the media criticism she gets. Much of it is frankly based in projection and not hard facts.

In retrospect I think she may have cost McCain the election. At first having a female running mate did him a great deal of service in attracting former Hillary supporters, but she did lean towards more extreme views of the conservative ideology and that brought McCain, the most moderate individual in the Republican Party at the time, an extremist image, even though he was the one who tried to stop the unfair criticism of Obama.

She will only be able to win a Presidential Election if a) you have another Democrat like John Kerry who wasn't appealing enough in his own right and b) if the country swings to the right in a significant way.

I do however think that as an individual and not as a politician she does not deserve the media criticism she gets. Much of it is frankly based in projection and not hard facts.

I think McCain cost McCain the election, but maybe Bush moreso. BO's strategy was basically to run vs Bush. By making McCain into Bush, it's possible no VP under McCain would've mattered, especially given the 1/2 hearted way he ran his campaign.

Besides, Palin (like Quayle for Bush 41) would have been an insurance policy for McCain. As it is, we've got a guy as the VP who has a terminal case of foot-in-mouth disease. Even his own boss has had to try to shut him up. Not very confidence inspiring. Still, not sure what would be worse...Prez Obama or Prez Biden. :carms:

Archived