Home

Live Action Anime Alert!

Aash Li

Typically, anime's probably shouldn't be made into live-action films...both because they're better as cartoons most of the time, and you wouldn't want to ruin that by making a bad live action....{this is a horribly bad example, but think about the live-action Dragon Ball Z film....I got the bad feeling just watching the Trailer....oohh}

Blood's live action could be good, I don't really know, having not seen much of the anime, but the trailer looks okay. Avatar however...that should remain an Americ-anime, even if it was very successful when it came out. We'll have to wait and see...

I imagine Cowboy Bebop will faceplant thanks to Mr. "I Have One Facial Expression." I mean sure, the guys got nearly teh same facial structure as Spyke... but Keneau Reeves?! Nicholas Cage could do a whole lot better...

But CB souldnt be made into an LA anyway...

• 2 weeks later...

as im sure someone's going to go rage on that ^ post.

so, being nice, cus I think niner will come in here eventually and do what he likes doing best :p

Tobias, take what you said, and flip it around and you'll get the point of the thread.

live action movies which are based from anime.

hey doesnt that mean 'live action anime?'

• 5 months later...

Eh, the asians have made plenty of good movies that are based on manga (which is what many anime are based on). I think it's more a matter of what chapters or storylines they choose. Oldboy was pretty awesome, even City Hunter with Jackie Chan, and I know most people here loved Battle Royale. I think it's really just about finding compitent people with an appreciation for the source.

Also, Nicholas Cage should never ever touch anything like this. He was slated for the American Oldboy remake which makes me angry, and I hear he was a terrible decision for the remake of Bangkok Dangerous. Of course I'm also biased in that I don't like Nicholas Cage because much like Keanu Reeves and Tom Cruise, he's still just Nicholas Cage is * in his movies.

I'd prefer someone like Edison Chen to play Spike Spiegel, but even then he's not ideal. Someone tall and lanky with believable athletic ability is required. Remember, Spike is essentially Bruce Lee meets Kareem Abdul Jabar, but caucasian. I'd prefer they pick a musical actor as stage show dancers often have a good combination of acting ability and physical presence and can meet the standards that a good Spike Spiegel demands. I think it's also important they cast right for that trademark curly-wave hair.

[/crazy bump]

Archived