Home

AMERICA #1 USA

That's a philosophy I can get behind!

And there you have the theme of this entire asinine thread.

You geniuses do realize that our standard of living will be in the toilet once you succeed and the US collapses, right? Among other things that means no more $3000.00 computers for you, Avery. :smirk2:

There's also a word to describe the attitude in this thread, but I'll leave it to the highly educated "intellectuals" to figure out what it is, because the last time I used it I got censored even though my use of the term was entirely appropriate at the time. As a matter of fact it was right about a year ago.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And there you have the theme of this entire asinine thread.

What theme? Mocking patriots?

You geniuses do realize that our standard of living will be in the toilet once you succeed and the US collapses, right?

When in Rome!

Among other things that means no more $3000.00 computers for you, Avery. :smirk2:

I'd almost risk it just to have the opportunity to see something this big collapse. Sure, it'll be a pain in the ass but it'll be a sight to see!

There's also a word to describe the attitude in this thread, but I'll leave it to the highly educated intellectuals to figure out what it is, because the last time I used it I got censored even though my use of the term was entirely appropriate at the time. As a matter of fact it was right about a year ago.

Yes, because blindly worshiping a country is oh so much better :rolleyes:

I'd almost risk it just to have the opportunity to see something this big collapse. Sure, it'll be a pain in the ass but it'll be a sight to see!

You're more than risking it; it's happening right before our eyes, and from within exactly as Comrade Nikita Kruschev said it would, and I really don't think that it's something to joke about.

Yes, because blindly worshiping a country is oh so much better :rolleyes:

I don't blindly worship this country at all. Hell I'm in favor of armed revolt to purge our corrupt government and start over. I just resisted my educational programming and I'm not a traitor. Not to the people at least. It sure as hell beats being programmed as you all obviously have been and acting like a flock of brainless sheep.

Oops, I said it. I guess that I can look forward to being censored now.

You're more than risking it; it's happening right before our eyes, and from within exactly as Comrade Kruschev said it would.

I could also say that we're falling just like Rome, and every other major superpower does. It just happens, and in reality there is nothing you can do to stop it. The torch has to eventually be passed on, and our 200+ rein may be coming to a close.

However, seeing modern day societies, I doubt it'll just be "uh oh, we're not on top" and then we're suddenly kenya. Yeah, America wont be #1. Hell, we haven't for years now.

I almost pride myself on having a defeatist attitude, but this is non to common what I'm going to tell you: chill out, and be a little more optimistic. Sure, we should always expect the worse but that is hardly something to build your life on.

The recession will be over in a few years, we'll be in as much debt as we've always been, and Obama wont be Pres anymore, most likely replaced by a Republican as is usually the case. Unless a major depression comes along, or war, I doubt this revolution you speak of is going to happen considering how well the media has the populous wrapped around their finger.

And I don't blindly worship this country at all; I just resisted my educational programming and I'm not a traitor.

Soooo, you're better than us because you're a patriot is what you're saying?

I never understood why people hated intellectuals. Yes, how dare we have intellect and how dare we use it. Thinking makes you a traitor!

Please. If that is all it takes to be a traitor then I'm damn proud of being one, and I'll be the best damn traitor I can be just to spite the patriots.

As far as I can see, "educational programming" is to love this country, as the curriculum of schools is based around bending the truth and making this country look fantastic, and the media only backs that up. As far as I can see, being an "intellectual" and being a "traitor" are the ones who are "resisting education", not the patriots.

Soooo, you're better than us because you're a patriot is what you're saying?

Nope, I'm one of the least patriotic people you'll meet. I'm just not a traitor.

I never understood why people hated intellectuals.

Probably has something to do with all of the high-handed self-righteous judgmentalism coming from people who live in a bubble because they have never really had to work to earn anything and therefore take everything that they and everyone else has for granted.

Thinking makes you a traitor!

But you're not thinking, Avery. You're conforming. ;)

As far as I can see, "educational programming" is to love this country, as the curriculum of schools is based around bending the truth and making this country look fantastic, and the media only backs that up. As far as I can see, being an "intellectual" and being a "traitor" are the ones who are "resisting education", not the patriots.

Really? Because what I remember was the nonstop guilt-trip we were all supposed to be on for stuff that our ancestors did 100+ years ago that we in the present are not responsible for. And, last I checked, being a true intellectual involved thinking for yourself instead of blindly following a popular idea like an idiot and regurgitating said idea. I should have put sarcastic " " around the word "intellectuals".

EDIT: Fixed above post.

What do you base this on ? China has overtaken the US in exports in many industries, the Arabian nations control the bulk of the worlds oil (see Oil reserves figures 2007) - where US is the top oil importer - and the British pound is the currency benchmark. In fact, much of global economic growth, (estimated at 50% according to World Trade Organisation[WTO] 2008 figures), was in in developing nations such as India and Brazil.

The US' current greatest export is popular culture and related media *points at banner*

Believe it or not. Were the US to drop off the face of the earth, the rest of us would keep on keepin' on. Civilisation, Culture and Economy started way before the Mayflower landed on Plymouth Rock. Still, it is very American of you to think otherwise - hence, I suspect that the amount of non US members surprised by your statement are naught ;)

In fact what would be more astonisihing would be to make a statement based on researched fact as opposed to conditioned patriotic bravura.

mtfbwya

Actually, Astro, breadbasket usually refers to food and not everything else (I think that expression is "economic engine of the world"). Believe it or not, if the rest of the world "disappeared", the US would keep humming along too. Give the bitterness a rest, though. ;) I wasn't implying, despite your obvious quick to jump inference that "Oooooo America #1, suckas! The rest of the world sucks @ss!, Yeah!!" I was mostly pointing out to Avery that if a dictator took over America it wouldn't necessarily mean that we'd have to stop "overeating" (at least not till the $$ ran out) b/c we can grow more than enough food to feed our population. Don't be so quick to resort to anti-American caricatures. Besides, last I checked, Oz was a mythical place full of flying monkees, munchkins, witches and a wizard w/low self-esteem. Which of those are you? :D

@Prime--Canada, hmm.......ain't that a suburb somewhere. :devsmoke:

@True--actually, last I checked, a lot of education in our country isn't exactly would you'd call "pro-American" and is more likely deconstructionist in nature. Especially when you get to the university level.

But you're not thinking, Avery. You're conforming.

I wrote a reply but decided not to post it, as it is quite apparent you are simply trolling at this point. You obviously missed the joke, and I refuse to indulge someone who uses a naive and cowardice term like "sheep" to justify himself.

lolz... wonder if you Brits will get the same apology from the Romans :D

Dear Sir,

I have noted on numerous occasions the slipping quality of your publication. Issue No. 7854 contained a great oversight on your part as to the villainous invading forces of the Normans, Angles, Saxons, and the Vikings. Given such an obvious lack of fact-checking I have decided to cancel my subscription to the Telegraph and spend my shillings elsewhere.

Regards,

Edward J. Peasgrove M.A. (Oxoniensis) :xp:

P.S. As an evil European oppressor, I'd just like to say that I enjoy a variety of American television programmes and food-stuffs and am proud to see them continuing the march of naive imperialism, civilising those savages and nicking their oil

I wrote a reply but decided not to post it, as it is quite apparent you are simply trolling at this point. You obviously missed the joke, and I refuse to indulge someone who uses a naive and cowardice term like "sheep" to justify himself.

I had no idea that "poignant" and "accurate" were synonyms for "naive" and "cowardice term" (I suppose that you meant "cowardly" :p).

As far as the trolling comment goes: pot; kettle; black. This entire thread is one big attempt at trolling.

P.S. As an evil European oppressor, I'd just like to say that I enjoy a variety of American television programmes and food-stuffs and am proud to see them continuing the march of naive imperialism, civilising those savages and nicking their oil

Cute. :p

@jmac--if the world were fair, Joe Wilson wouldn't have her figure either. :D

I coulda seen how this thread was gonna go from the start...you can never talk about America on the internet without people being negative or sarcastic...double standard no-less because I'd never get away with doing the same thing about just about every other country. Quite a shame actually.

In any case, hope everyone had a good 4th and enjoyed the fireworks!

Archived