Home

LEC Monday announcement

Benny

Over on their Twitter feed LEC have been talking about a Monday announcement:

"Amazing news coming Monday! Super excited! You have no idea how tough it is not to start yelling about it! But it's secret! Until Monday!"

"Okay, we will do hints. It is awesome news for our old school fans."

Let the speculation begin. I'm presuming that its the revival of some non-adventure back catalogue title rather than MI2:SE or anything like that.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on these further messages:

I know this is something I was asking for since before I worked at LucasArts.

It doesn't have to do with any specific intellectual property.

I'm going to go ahead and guess it's a re-release of a whole bunch of games, rather than remakes like MI1:SE. But then that doesn't seem that exciting, so I dunno!

As Craig Derrick has already mentioned it before...

Why Xbox Live and not Wiiware or PSN?

Well, we never said we wouldn’t be on Wiiware or PSN now did we? The truth is, though, Xbox Live offers a great user experience and downloadable service to gamers and we think it’s a great platform to launch the game on. And, of course, the game will also be available on PC via digital download, plus we may have another platform announcement to make very, very soon.

... I'd say it's SOMI:SE for another platform (my guess is Wii... I hope for PSN)

Haha, that's so funny because it's actually pretty much the way LucasArts used to treat the fan community. "Hey guys! You see that awesome-looking and totally harmless and not-for-profit project those guys are 99% complete on? We're closing it down!"

I think it was Emma who pointed out, we're about the only community who have an abbreviation for it. You say 'C&D' in any other forum/IRC room and people have no idea what you mean.

If he hadn't mentioned "not concerning one ip" my guess would've been a new TIE-Fighter or X-Wing. Or maybe a Special Edition of one of the old ones. Those were brillant games.

Maybe they will now allow modding for their games? But currently there is none that could qualify...hmm...

1. Will excite old school fans.

2. Nothing to do with any specific property.

It's probably a bundle of all the classic LucasArts adventure games with updated compatibility.

Gahrg... Thought of .... Grublb... Grim fandango .... Splitrt ... Supporting modern .... Glahrg ... Gfx hardware .... Gah!! ... Causing brain o.0 freeze!

well the guy who has been asking for "this" since before he started working at LEC must be a total newcomer. How old is the iPhone?
Loom on the Game Gear! Obviously the dude's wishes have had to move with the times.

Grim Fandango on the Palm Pre?

Archived