Home

LEC Monday announcement

Benny

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda doubt it'll be a new IP but that would be really interesting. Not sure if the new guys at Lucasarts can handle adventure games but we'll see. Maybe.

I hope they'll leave Grim Fandango alone. It's already perfect. I wouldn't exactly object to a sequel involving Tim Schafer though...

REAL LIFE LIGHTSABERS

Or maybe they're merging with another company or something like that. Or a mass XBLA/Steam release. Or REAL LIFE LIGHTSABERS. Or a new franchise altogether (although I doubt it because of the way he worded "It doesn't have to do with any specific intellectual property..."). Or they're suing Laserschwert. Or they're bringing out some hardware (like a console or something... actually I really doubt this but it's possible). Or, and this is my favourite, REAL LIFE LIGHTSABERS.

Edit:

By the way, they said "early" Monday, which I'm guessing is gonna be about 9/10am. Their time zone is UTC-8, so for me and any other people from the UK, that's gonna be about 5/6pm. Everyone else can figure it out for themselves, lazy bastards.

Edit:

Wait, I worked that out wrong... oh well.

Based on the messages sent on Twitter so far, I'm going to say that they are re-releasing their full line-up of adventure games with full compatibility for modern systems. Alongside that, they will remake a choice selection...

I'd imagine the obvious choices are Tentacle, LeChuck's and Atlantis.

Announcement: They invented a time and memory eraser machine that will enable them to go back exactly 10 years, delete the EMI source code and every other ****ty game since then and start over as a fresh, new company that encourages it's inspired workforce to go all out in creating funny, engaging aweinspiring new IPs with lots and lots of adventure aspects?

I hope it's not just re releasing the old games.

They already did that with quite a few of their adventure games over here in Europe at least. With winXP support as well.

I hope the news is that Sam & Max 2 will be finished. Maybe Full Throttle 2 as well just in case it was near finished. And please let us play Mi:se with the old art and voices too!

I hope it's not just re releasing the old games.

They already did that with quite a few of their adventure games over here in Europe at least. With winXP support as well.

Yeah, well, while you've been spoiled in Europe it's been impossible to find copies of the games here in the US through any route but second hand for near a decade. And the games were made here!

Also, your other suggestions directly contradict what LEC has said about what the announcement would be.

Archived