Home

LEC Monday announcement

Benny

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, Dave Grossman did express interest in Loom and did say on Facebook he knows where to find Brian Moriarity.

But that would be Telltale news, so other than rereleases with or without new graphics or something Star Wars related, I have no idea.

Please no Full Throttle 2. I somehow illegally have some Peter McConnell soundtrack stuff for cutscenes for that game that has the new guy doing the voice of Ben and it was just terrible.

Oh, that would be cool. I don't know, though - a lot of people wouldn't download games because they already have them rather than because they don't want a Special Edition. In fact, all of the people who want a Special Edition of MI2 probably already own it, so wouldn't want to get it again :p

Haha, Dave Grossman did express interest in Loom and did say on Facebook he knows where to find Brian Moriarity

Can you show me to find this or provide a link. I scrolled through the Facebook wall and only found him saying look for a bigger answer below and I couldn't find it.

Thanks.

Can you show me to find this or provide a link. I scrolled through the Facebook wall and only found him saying look for a bigger answer below and I couldn't find it.

Thanks.

Ah, I'm kind of clumsy with facebook, so I don't know how to link you, but this is his quote from the Q&A;

"Loom! I think I did say something like that; I certainly wouldn't mind reviving Loom in episodic format. It would be really good for our format - ahead of its time in many ways. And I do know where to find Brian.

Don't read anything into this, though, I tell you flat out we are not currently working on it."

Ah, I'm kind of clumsy with facebook, so I don't know how to link you, but this is his quote from the Q&A;

"Loom! I think I did say something like that; I certainly wouldn't mind reviving Loom in episodic format. It would be really good for our format - ahead of its time in many ways. And I do know where to find Brian.

Don't read anything into this, though, I tell you flat out we are not currently working on it."

Thanks. That would be pretty cool if it happened. They would absolutely have to involve Brian.

Maybe I should have attended the chat and asked Dave about bringing back a certain tabloid reporter and David Fox. I don't want a Zak sequel as much as other deserved games because it had a good ending but more Zak games in episode format would be great. There is so many ways they can take that game. The possibilities are endless.

When I was a kid I wrote a sequel I wished I had saved it. I do remember it involved Loch Ness, Mary Celeste, Easter Island, Black Annie and a green crystal that allowed Zak to see future events.

Haha, that's so funny because it's actually pretty much the way LucasArts used to treat the fan community. "Hey guys! You see that awesome-looking and totally harmless and not-for-profit project those guys are 99% complete on? We're closing it down!"

I think it was Emma who pointed out, we're about the only community who have an abbreviation for it. You say 'C&D' in any other forum/IRC room and people have no idea what you mean.

I have the scans of two of the magazines that reported that ... and I'll be uploading them both when I get around to creating a page on fan-related games and applications (such as ScummVM).

My dream announcement would be Special Editions of key classic games such as MI2 and others.

LeChuck's Revenge is a certainty, either tomorrow or in the near future, it also gives them a chance to re-scan, clean up and use the original backdrops, which artistically fit very nicely between Monkey Island - Special Edition and Curse.

I hope you are right... But I do not dare to be as confident... I remember all too well the threat of the official announcement that LA would not make any new adventure games until at least 2015.... My little MI lovin heart died a little that day... Thank god LA decided to team up with TTG to give us a new one... while technically SoMI:SE is not really "new" So they may just stick to their no new adventure games til 2015.

I always saw 2015 date that in jest, considering they were perhaps a little worn out from adventure games.

I think they saw a technical demo or two and thought... ah there's avenues to go down and the impact and fan base for twenty (!) year old games is still there and very healthy.

I wouldn't mind a reworked and user-friendly SCUMM creation engine as part of the announcement, but it would only dilute the canon.

Archived