Home

LEC Monday announcement

Benny

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how the 2015 thing got so much momentum. The guy was clearly being tongue-in-cheek, and he's been long gone from LucasArts anyway.

If anyone still thinks that year has any relevance they are clearly mental. :¬:

In 2015 we'll be riding hoverboards playing a remake of The Secret of Monkey Island.

Pfft, like that'd ever happen.

Edit: Oh, and: "Last hint: someone guessed it dead on. With that, I am off to bed. You'll know more in 12 or so hours. You guys are all awesome."

Blimey.

I think I guessed it. I posted the following on Twitter 22 hours ago...

'Rerelease of all adventures, geared for modern systems & choice remakes for the fan faves... Tentacle, LeChuck & Atlantis?'

The fella using the 'lucasartsgames' twitter account never replied to me, and I don't believe it was out of ignorance, but to keep secrecy right until the forthcoming announcement.

The announcement caters for old school fans, does not rely on new IP and I assume already has the first stages of new artwork and technical demos available to the in-house team for release to the public.

But who knows...

'Rerelease of all adventures, geared for modern systems & choice remakes for the fan faves... Tentacle, LeChuck & Atlantis?'

The fella using the 'lucasartsgames' twitter account never replied to me, and I don't believe it was out of ignorance, but to keep secrecy right until the forthcoming announcement.

The announcement caters for old school fans, does not rely on new IP and I assume already has the first stages of new artwork and technical demos available to the in-house team for release to the public.

But who knows...

I didn't get a reply either so I really doubt that means you got it right... My guess was that they would be announcing Virtual Console releases. Do you realise how many people are guessing? They can't reply to everyone!

Perhaps they'll sneakily throw the fan community a bone by releasing high resolution individual postcards of each of the LeChuck's Revenge scanned background artworks.

You know, just in case they started looking the other way when it came to unofficial remakes...

Well, I'm certainly looking forward, and I'm starting to get impatient for monkey island SE, I have been saving the ms points in my account since announcement! And I'm an impulse buyer!

But I will still wait, it's just...hard :-(

Man, you are TOO funny. That "fella" didn't reply to 99% of the tweets.

Here was my (boring) guess:

All the classics are going to made available for download in versions that work on modern machines?

Archived