Home

Grim Tattoo

carlinnit

Hey guys, I'm currently in the works of a Grim Fandango tattoo (my 3rd based on the game) but i'm a little stuck on something. I want Olivias poem

With bony hands I hold my partner

On soulless feet we cross the floor

The music stops as if to answer

An empty knocking at the door

It seems his skin was sweet as mango

When last I held him to my breast

But now we dance this grim fandango

And will four years before we rest.

in a nice script across my forearm, going lengthwise starting at my elbow and going to my wrist. BUT i'm unsure if the final line is "And will FOUR years" or "And will FOR years"

I know in the subtitles it says FOUR, but i'm thinking it's maybe a typo...it'd make sense either way because of the four year journey of the soul. But the way she says it seems like it's FOR.

I need to be certain before I go under the needle again!

If you wondering, my others are a Double-N ticket on the inside of my bicep with the words "Your destiny...cannot be purchased."

And a Manny portrait saying "Love is for the Living"

^Those are all cool ideas...if I was ever brave enough to get a tat, I'd have to consider those.

I've done a search for both "for" and "four" versions of that poem, and there are about equal amounts for each...they would both make sense and would both look good. If I was getting this tattoo, I'd do whatever the subtitle showed, but that's just me...it's up to you, but either way, it's a cool tattoo.

****! I wish they I was that creative... I've been lookin for some nice ideas for almost three years now, and I just can figure out what I want, but those you talked about, the Double'n-one, and the "Love is for the Living" sounds pretty cool...

I've thought about getting one of the poems on inner biceps... Buuut, I think it too "normal" getting text right there...

Btw, please post some picture of your new tattoo.... aaand, I would love to see your "old" ones as well...

Yeah, I'm eager to see pics of your current tats too!

Personally, I would make some slight changes to the text.. I assume you're a guy (carl.. innit?) and since this poem is written by Olivia, it's more of a girl's poem. Therefore I would change him to her and his to hers. If you're gay, then the original poem would be appropriate ;)

If I were to have a tattoo, it would be "We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers", as that is the line of text I always use when I subscribe to a forum or whatever and I'm asked for a motto :)

Yeah, I was planning on making the changes to a girl :) although i keep changing my mind on the placement. I've had yet ANOTHER idea to consider. I realised i love Membrillo's "Death makes sad stories of us all"

I'll post the pics tomorrow possibly. If not it'll be next week...i'm off to Llandudno for a few days :D

I'm excited to see what you guys think!!

Thanks for the feedback everyone

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum and I'm a big Grim Fandango fan - I love just about everything about it, the characters, the storyline, the graphics, the jokes, the music... but you probably know all too well what I'm talking about. :D

Anyway, here is my tattoo, made approximately 9 months ago, during 7 hours (two sessions). The whole thing has cost me about 320 USD (planning and drawing of the tattoo included). It's not a *real* Grim Fandango tattoo (I didn't want it to be too geek... ^^" so respect for everybody who has chosen the REAL DEAL :)), but is heavily influenced by my adventures on the Land of the Dead, where music is everywhere and dead skeletons break out in blossom...

http://www.tattoo1000.com/a_elemei/image004.jpg

Anyway the next one will possibly be a Manny/Rick Blaine (Bogart in Casablanca) figure in white suit. Gotta love that one. :D

"EAGLES ON POGO STICKS!!!"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Me and some coursemates made a pact that when we finish the first year of our course (Games Programming) we all have to get a tattoo relating to our favourite game. Obviously my choice was GF, anyone got any good ideas? I'd rather not have any text.

Salvador's head done kind of like those Che t-shirts.

• 3 months later...

Archived