Home

Problem with JA: Can't switch lightsaber style

Gearuka

I got a little problem with Jedi Acedemy - i completed the game few times and i like to make big battles on Korriban2 with "npc spawn" command. I wanted to change the look of my character, so i started new game, made character and right after begining i used cheat "devmap kor2" and then "Setsaberall and setforceall" to get back all my skills and be able to play. And here i got the problem - i start with normal saber style, i changed it to strong and, after some time, to light. And here's the problem - i can't switch it back to normal! To get normal again i have to use commands "saber 1 1" and then "saber single_1", and when i change it to Light - the problem appears again! What can i do in such situation?

Please help me, i want to play the game again!

Hmmm. Yeah, I hate the L key, it doesn't want to ever give you the yellow stance; is that the one you want? I had that same problem last night when I played through the second level of Taspir again. I don't know if you have a mouse with a wheel or if you use the mousewheel if you do have one, but you might could bind the mousewheel to cycle through the saber styles, like this:

bind MWHEELUP "saberAttackCycle"

bind MWHEELDOWN "saberAttackCycle"

Unless you just like the default binding to cycle through the weapons. For me, that's just the easiest solution to the problem.

I think it's because of the "setforceall" cheat, which I suspect to be glitchy.

Instead of using that cheat, try and set all force / saber levels seperately, probably best by utilizing a console script like this:

setsaberoffense <n>
setsaberdefense <n>
setsaberthrow <n>
setforcejump <n>
setforcepush <n>
setforcepull <n>
setforcesight <n>
setforcespeed <n>
setforcegrip <n>
setforcedrain <n>
setforcerage <n>
setforcelightning <n>
setforceheal <n>
setforceprotect <n>
setforceabsorb <n>
setmindtrick <n>

Uhm, you do know how to use console scripts, don't you?

Well bo problem is, that bug now appears on all my saves, only Multiplayer mode is free of it. I'm using mouse wheel to switch saber styles, but i think i got an idea - i'll try to bind each saber style (nto the switch style) to 3 different buttons and see if it works.

'Bout the scripts - i only know i need to create "force.cfg" (example) file in base folder, write -something- there and then, in game write "exec force.cfg" in console. Can you tell me what to write there? ;)

@Forceboat

No, it's like i press the mousewheel and it does switch to the yellow style, but in like half a second goes back to blue. And i think i know what's the problem - when you use the setsaberall cheat it gives you ALL the saber stances, even those from saber staff and double sabers so that you can use the single saber as, for example, saber staff! And i think problem is, i teleported right from the beginning to the end of game and when i'm trying to switch to yellow (which is dual sabers, after the blue i am now, the dual saber's lightstance with one saber off) the game don't allow me do that, since i skipped the level after which you get dual sabers and saber staff.

The problem is the cheat DOES give you ALL stances... that's right, EVERY stance of EVERY saber-wielding NPC in the game (most have a slight variation on Fast or Medium). Which means you have to cycle through like 20 some blue and yellows before you get to red.

You might try npc spawning Kyle, killing him and taking his saber (with the pickuppabledropped sabers cheat) or model kyle then back to player model. Of course you'll lose your moves and gain his, but still. It's tricky getting back to normal... best to just use the cheats you'll use instead of "all."

Well bo problem is, that bug now appears on all my saves, only Multiplayer mode is free of it. I'm using mouse wheel to switch saber styles, but i think i got an idea - i'll try to bind each saber style (nto the switch style) to 3 different buttons and see if it works.

'Bout the scripts - i only know i need to create "force.cfg" (example) file in base folder, write -something- there and then, in game write "exec force.cfg" in console. Can you tell me what to write there? ;)

Yup, just paste the contents of the Code box above into the cfg file, then replace '<n>' with the level you want them to be (most would be 3, I guess).

I'd suggest you try and set all force powers to 0, then to the number you like.

If that doesn't fix the cycle glitch, your idea to bind the styles to seperate keys is probably best. Or - if you prefer to have a cycle key - you could still give this console script (courtesy of Mikouen from filefront) a try.

Archived