Home

The Official Republic Commando Book Thread

RC-1183

Ok we have been trying to get a forum for tge RC books but all attempts have failed so we have been lead here. So this is now the official place to discuss the RC books but there may be people who havent read all of the books yet so please use spoiler tags. Thanks.

~RC-1183~

• 2 months later...

I just want to say that Lucaslicening and Lucasarts. Should listen more to the fans.

Lucasarts could make a great shooter by introducing a Republic Commando sequel called: Imperial Commando. Instead of torturing us for 4 years with Sev's fate, too much and too crappy Battlefront sequels and other worthless games.

Now Karen Traviss, a great writer, leaves the Star Wars universe because Lucas Licening is holding her back. Which means the Republic Commando series will die in 2010 unless LA finally makes a game.

So a big Thank U to those two! ... NOT!

You better be joking Theone Thewayne, because I can't believe that Karren Travis (who I agree, is an awesome writer) would ever leave the Star Wars Universe, not after all that she has done, all of the books she has written. You have to give me more info or something, feel free to send me a private message or something, but you have to give me more info, because this is just to unreal.

I quit at number 3, I think. I'm a bit done with Star Wars novels. The RC novels were one of the best I've read, though I had hoped Traviss to keep her Mandalorian fetish inside this series, not expanding it to other series, which certainly ruined some things for me.

Anyway, I'd rather have a second RC game.

they should make a second RC game

Yes, they should.

AND keep writing books

Only if they're by someone other than Traviss. The first ones were good, but the series got too engulfed in Mando stuff that it suffocated the writing.

She quit because she got upset that she couldn't continue her storyline. That's one of the hazards of writing for Star Wars. The canon is constantly changing. Most writers would shrug their shoulders, take it as a given, adapt, and move on. Traviss obviously decided to throw her toys out of the pram instead of adapting her storyline.

Seeing as the books nosedived in quality after Triple Zero, it's probably a good thing they're stopping the series (at least under Traviss) with Imperial Commando 2.

Yes, they should.

Only if they're by someone other than Traviss. The first ones were good, but the series got too engulfed in Mando stuff that it suffocated the writing.

She quit because she got upset that she couldn't continue her storyline. That's one of the hazards of writing for Star Wars. The canon is constantly changing. Most writers would shrug their shoulders, take it as a given, adapt, and move on. Traviss obviously decided to throw her toys out of the pram instead of adapting her storyline.

Seeing as the books nosedived in quality after Triple Zero, it's probably a good thing they're stopping the series (at least under Traviss) with Imperial Commando 2.

Blaphemer! Get out!:xp:

well i'm not sure about you but i LOVE the mandalorians!!!

personaly, i really like traviss's work

Agreed.

Karen Traviss is the only Star Wars writer who gives Mandalorians the positive attention they deserve. I can't wait for the Imperial Commando books to come out, and I hope for an RC game to be made out of them.

Blaphemer! Get out!:xp:[/Quote]

How silly of me to voice a dissenting opinion. :p

Karen Traviss is the only Star Wars writer who gives Mandalorians the positive attention they deserve.

I'd agree in some respects. They deserved attention, but not to this extent. She can't write a single Star Wars book without including Mandalorians, and most of the time she doesn't even write about the story, getting bogged down describing what an Uj cake looks and tastes like, or some other stupid nonsense.

It was a mistake to allow her to be the only writer allowed to write about Mandalorians and associated characters.

They deserved some elaboration, and a culture, beyond an evil band of murdering mercenaries, but all of this ridiculous language crap was unneccessary. In fact, when I read her Legacy of the Force books, at times it's more like reading a dictionary than a novel.

They deserved attention, but not to this extent. She can't write a single Star Wars book without including Mandalorians, and most of the time she doesn't even write about the story, getting bogged down describing what an Uj cake looks and tastes like, or some other stupid nonsense.

but nobody else will write about them. and most the time the story isn't contently moving. if there is a war going on a soldier on leave will still eat an Uj cake :xp:

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
/thread necro

Just finished Imperial Commando: 501st. I enjoyed it. Unfortunately, it seems we won't get a sequel because the Clone Wars TV series is raping the Star Wars canon or something.

Apparently they turned Mandalorians into tree hugging pacifists. Completely ignoring the dozens of books out there.

Well there's coming a second Imperial Commando novel >>> February 2012...:eek: With another writer...

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The mandolorians were not turned into "tree hugging pacifists", that is only the Concordians. They are a planet inside the Mandolore system, but not the same as the Mandolorians everyone thinks of. There are still true Mandolorians out there, just not on Concordia or Concorde Dawn.

Jango Fett's sister, was a Concordian, i think it was mentioned in Order 66, that was the original idea of why she was catatonic when she was brought to Mandalore

correct me if i am wrong, it doesn't happen often, but it does happen

Archived