Home

Gotta love the craigslist DRAMA!!!

MysticSpade

hey guys well i just had the most random thing happen to me last night. My wife went out with her girlfriends for a few hours and during that time someone posted a Craigslist casual encounters ad with my myspace pic. so this morning her friends call her and say we need to talk, she is gone a few more hours comes back with this ad in hand cussing me out. She is most likely leaving me because some lil prick or bot wanted to use my pic to get hits on their site.

This sux bad, we have a 6 month old daughter been together just over a year, known each other for 7 years. i have to admit this is NO BUENO!!!

Well, if true (no offense, don't know ya), you've gotta wonder why she wouldn't believe you. Esp when it's so easy to manufacture "reality" on the web. I guess if you know some she trusts that likes you, see if they're willing to run a little interference to bring her back down to earth. Good luck working it out (if you still can).

Her flying off the handle this easily without listening to you or what you have to say about this whole mixed up ordeal is the real issue here. Something is amiss on her end. Is she trying to look for a reason to go?

Is this craigslist ad even for the same town or even state that you're in?

Her flying off the handle this easily without listening to you or what you have to say about this whole mixed up ordeal is the real issue here. Something is amiss on her end. Is she trying to look for a reason to go?

^ Crux of the issue right here.

Also this: Why was she checking that particular section of Craigslist?

Pretty simple way to solve this. The ad is still up I suppose, right? Just have her or a friend of her's respond to the ad and meet whoever posted it. They'll clearly see that it isn't you.

logic? pffft, that has no place near women, don't you know that? :p

Pretty simple way to solve this. The ad is still up I suppose, right? Just have her or a friend of her's respond to the ad and meet whoever posted it. They'll clearly see that it isn't you.

This.

And I mean, can you blame her for being a little reluctant to believe that? Hopefully she'll realize, but yeah, the whole situation seems pretty bizarre.

well it was her friend who is actually a "craigslist whore" who magically found the ad and showed it to her. She responded to the ad and checked every one of my emails AOL, hotmail, and yahoo and nothing so that calmed her down a bit.

This apparently had happened to a mutual friend of ours and he talked to her and we both showed her how ez it is to do this to someone.

As of right now we are still together working it out, i think it was one of her girlfriends that doesnt like me that did it, she thinks its my ex that has my 2 yr old daughter.

either way she is chilled out alot. I definitely cant blame her if my friends showed me that i would've been on the news....LoL

logic? pffft, that has no place near women, don't you know that? :p

QFT.

Learned that the hard way myself. Where were you when I needed you, bill? I could've paid you for your counseling services. :lol:

well it was her friend who is actually a "craigslist whore" who magically found the ad and showed it to her. She responded to the ad and checked every one of my emails AOL, hotmail, and yahoo and nothing so that calmed her down a bit.

This apparently had happened to a mutual friend of ours and he talked to her and we both showed her how ez it is to do this to someone.

As of right now we are still together working it out, i think it was one of her girlfriends that doesnt like me that did it, she thinks its my ex that has my 2 yr old daughter.

either way she is chilled out alot. I definitely cant blame her if my friends showed me that i would've been on the news....LoL

Man, I thought this was going to wind up on Cops, or Jerry Springer. Good thing it worked out okay for you.

Her girlfriend who doesn't like you huh? Well, you personally could talk to the administrators of craigslist and tell them what happened--worth a shot putting a kink in her hose.

Hell, if it actually got serious, I'm sure her girlfriend isn't a tech expert and these sorts of things leave trails at least. Point being, you could have sued her for a number of things if her actions resulted in your woman leaving you.

For sure, your GF should rethink her "friend" a little better. Isn't there some kind of libel or slander law? Defamation?

This seems likely as one of them "found" it and pointed it out to her.

True. Multiple suspects. Seen this happen a lot.

Well, if it was one of her 'friends' that done it, its about 3 kinds of illegal. Slander aside, you got impersonation to do harm and the pain and suffering.

You could get loaded if you can get it traced back to one of them. I'm with GTA in contacting the administrators of craigslist and have them find out where it came from...

Come on man, go the extra mile. Just make it clear to Craigslist what that ad almost did to your wife, and that you want to do everything you can to ensure that it never happens to you, or any other innocent man, again.

I'm agreeing with Wally on this one. If they refuse to give you the information after you tell them what it almost did to your marriage, threaten legal action against 'em and I bet they fold quicker than a house of cards.

Definitely. What they did isn't a just a silly joke. It could've ruined your life, your wife's and your daughter's. It wasn't funny, and you need to show that it wasn't appreciated, and such behavior is not welcome in regards to your family.

Letting them go is just a signal that it is something they can get away with, and they may try to do it to others.

- PR-0927

Sounds like the internet has a new case on their hands.

Nah, I'm just kidding.

But yeah, what the hell are the chances that this "girlfriend" would find a random local personals with your picture on it. I mean, there must be hundreds upon hundreds of similar ads on any given day, and the odds that the one girlfriend who dislikes you is the one who randomly comes across it? Seriously... Sounds like that bitch was trying to set you up.

Okay, wading through the occasional surprise "here's a picture of my dick, lololol" ads on Craigslist M4W in my town, there were like 500 ads added in the last two days. I mean seriously, that "craigslist whore" must have had a lot of free time or something.

^^^Well, there's vigilant and then there's vigilante.

*Looks at posts after mine and wonders*

I was speaking in the theoretical if his life got ruined. Still, uhh, thanks for the swampie luvvin'? :) Before I continue, I don't want to give the rest of you guys the wrong impression about women so don't take this as something to ratchet up your misogyny levels. Please.

OK. Well mystic, on the one hand there is going too far. On the other, the fellas are kind of right in this instance.

Definitely. What they did isn't a just a silly joke. It could've ruined your life, your wife's and your daughter's. It wasn't funny, and you need to show that it wasn't appreciated, and such behavior is not welcome in regards to your family.

Letting them go is just a signal that it is something they can get away with, and they may try to do it to others.

- PR-0927

Quoted for truth. Vigilance and dilligence to ID protection will no doubt be at the forefront of your mind when online now. Should be. Tie23 has a good point also, the odds are very likely it was her.

Also, no action could be seen as a signal you won't stand up for yourself. I've watched this sort of thing unfold before.

Correct me if I'm wrong: She is still friends with your woman?

If yes by *any* stretch, this means you're not out of the woods yet. If your woman is back to being casual and really close with this friend in short order, that is a red flag right there. Not paranoia talking, experience. Make sure you and your woman are on the same page and that she will *think* next time before blowing a lid.

Women, especially like this one girlfriend sounds, are like sharks to blood for this sort of thing. Once you show a little, you can almost count on them coming back in for another bite at you. I think whoever did it needs a message sent that such a thing is not acceptable, at the very least. Won't comment on exactly what this looks like to my eyes because your sitch may in fact be different. However, I will say laxity in any case will see you thrown out on your butt if not worse.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived