Home

New Last Crusade version!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The FM Towns version of course has multiple CD music tracks taken from the film soundtrack recording sessions.

Actually, no, they aren't from the movie soundtrack. I don't remember exactly to whom I talked about this, but it was someone who was in charge of the FM-Towns music. Anyway, he told me that those tracks were actually a re-recording done for some Disney thing... an attraction... a CD... I really don't remember. I doubt that I still have that e-mail, but I'll check. But if you'll compare the movie soundtrack to the FM-Towns tracks, you'll notice they are different.

Actually, no, they aren't from the movie soundtrack. I don't remember exactly to whom I talked about this, but it was someone who was in charge of the FM-Towns music. Anyway, he told me that those tracks were actually a re-recording done for some Disney thing... an attraction... a CD... I really don't remember. I doubt that I still have that e-mail, but I'll check. But if you'll compare the movie soundtrack to the FM-Towns tracks, you'll notice they are different.

I recall reading about this umpteen-billion years ago on another forum... I believe the adapted soundtrack material was from the Indy stunt show they had at Disneyworld.

So there's that!

The Steam version of LC is basically the same as the PC VGA version, but with one (!) typo fixed (which is also apparently fixed in the FM Towns version.)

Also you have the option to use a graphic smoothing filter and aspect ratio correction (both are enabled by default but can be turned off), like the Entertainment Pack releases in Europe a few years back.

ONE TYPO!?!

LucasArts tells us that the version of The Last Crusade that will be put on Steam is a "previously unreleased version" with "even more bugfixes" than the original CD-ROM re-release, along with a "Tandy 1000 sound engine."

ONE TYPO?!

Are you sure that's the ONLY change, ATM? What about the butler's EGA costume? How disappointing :( Ah, well.

The Steam LC appears to emulate AdLib sound so it sounds like the old PC VGA version.

are you sure, though? I used to have a pc with Adlib back in the day and Steam's LC sounds so much worse than I remember!

I figured this was the best place to post this since the Indy board seems dead.

I'm stuck in the catacombs in the musical Skull room. I guess I'm not musically inclined AT ALL because I've been stuck for hours even though I've looked at hints and watched a walkthrough on youtube. I posted a link of the picture from my Grail Diary. Can anyone help me?

http://s601.photobucket.com/albums/tt96/McKracken1997/?action=view&current=MusicalSkulls.jpg

Thanks

There's six skulls and six music bar thingys available right?

It's been a while, but assuming I remember there being six skulls, you just find the one with the high note and do it as you would a math problem. One skull on one end being the highest note, the other far end being the lowest note.

Enjoy the catacombs, because the game sort of goes downhill from there. I like parts of the nazi castle, but after that it's mostly a bunch of mazes and fist fights until you make it to the grail.

I figured this was the best place to post this since the Indy board seems dead.

I'm stuck in the catacombs in the musical Skull room. I guess I'm not musically inclined AT ALL because I've been stuck for hours even though I've looked at hints and watched a walkthrough on youtube. I posted a link of the picture from my Grail Diary. Can anyone help me?

http://s601.photobucket.com/albums/tt96/McKracken1997/?action=view&current=MusicalSkulls.jpg

Thanks

Check out my signature :thmbup1:

ONE TYPO!?!

ONE TYPO?!

Are you sure that's the ONLY change, ATM? What about the butler's EGA costume? How disappointing :( Ah, well.

Unfortunately so, I'm the one who checked it :~ I did a binary compare of the resource files with the vga version, 00,lfl is buried inside the exe and 04.lfl has the one byte change correcting that typo. So technically they weren't actually lying about the bugfix :~

Unfortunately so, I'm the one who checked it :~ I did a binary compare of the resource files with the vga version, 00,lfl is buried inside the exe and 04.lfl has the one byte change correcting that typo. So technically they weren't actually lying about the bugfix :~

Well, that is depressing :(

I still haven't bought it, but I probably will. I'm not sure ScummVM ever got around to adding proper support to the IQ points and it has been buggy for me on occassion, too... At least this should work properly.

One question: What was the typo? :)

Picked it up. Yup, it's better to have the full game not on ScummVM -- much less chance for weird bugs, proper IQ points support (or was this added for LC? can never remember). But the Tandy sound is AWFUL. It's definitely the worst I've ever heard the Last Crusade soundtrack. All the sound effects are reduced to PC Speaker style noises. Why did they do this??

Archived