Home

Worst. Release. Ever.

Ok, so obviously something has gone tits-up at TellTale. These things happen and they're surely doing their best to fix things ASAP. I'm positive they're working as hard as they possibly can to give us TMI... Unfortunately it's already 9.30pm here on the UK. In Germany, that adventure game/Monkey Island loving country, it's 10.30pm. In Australia it's already the 8th!

People will be sitting at their computers waiting because it could be due ANY SECOND...

I understand there's been a problem. I understand it can't magically be fixed. I really don't mind... I can wait!

If it should happen in the next hour, fine. It's not going to fixed for another five, then I'll go and do something else...

BUT PLEASE LET US KNOW THE ETA!

(Very poorly handled, TT :()

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frustrated. I've been sat here, specifically waiting for TMI, for 1 hour and 15 mins... I'm positive that others have been waiting a lot longer. If it's not going to arrive because of technical difficulties soon, then I'll happily go do something else.. They should just let us know!

We've waited almost 10 years for Monkey Island's return.

I think we can all stand to wait another couple of hours.

I haven't been waiting all that time... :confused: Nobody ever said, it was due 10 years ago. This game is LATE. They've hit problems. That's fine. Just somebody type a blog that says "ETA 5 hours" or "ETA imminent" so I can go and do something else... (Which I'm about to go and do anyway... I bet the game is released the second I walk away from my kb!)

I don't mind "waiting", I mind "not knowing".

It's now nearly 10pm here. In Germany that'll be 11pm. We were all told that the game would be released on the 7th... Not the 8th.

Everyone telling me to "chill" is actually just making more irritated...! Sorry.

Can't we all agree that half the TT office is probably just sitting around, twiddling their thumbs, waiting for the technical guys to sort it out? Couldn't one of those thumbs just take a second to say, "Sorry folks, it's gonna be the 8th. Our bad."?

I'd be so happy if they wrote that!

Seriously ThunderPeel... who said there were technical issues. I have read NOTHING of this. They planned on releasing it in the day and it's still only lunchtime where they're at. Get over it!

Ok, there are issues, right? If they're not technical, then what are they?? Have they just phoned up Dominic Armato do to a few quick lines? Is someone frantically designing the game menu? Has Dave Grossman just thought of a killer joke they want to insert?

Gabez has already played and reviewed the game!

Come on, of course it's technical issues!

*sigh* Annoyed :(

Ok: I'm going to do something else now... promise.

Can't we all agree that half the TT office is probably just sitting around, twiddling their thumbs, waiting for the technical guys to sort it out? Couldn't one of those thumbs just take a second to say, "Sorry folks, it's gonna be the 8th. Our bad."?

I'd be so happy if they wrote that!

There's no indication that it's going to end up being released on the 8th. They ARE going by California time after all! It's only like 2:00 there or something right now. And I seriously doubt ANYBODY at the TTG offices are just "sitting around" right now. I imagine they're all frantically doing their part to make sure this game gets out ASAP.

These things happen fella, techincal issues crop up all the time with many game releases right up zero hour.

Ok, one last thing:

Sorry, I know you're trying to make me feel better. I appreciate that. Thanks... but I really don't mind that it's delayed. Seriously. These things happen. I understand. TTG are the good guys. I love them. No hard feelings...

I'd just like to know the ETA. Should I stay up late or should I go to bed on time?

Gabez has already played and reviewed the game!

Come on, of course it's technical issues!

Do you realise how contradicting that is...

If reviewers have been able to get the game then how could there be issues?! They are just waiting until the right time to release it!

Do you realise how contradicting that is...

If reviewers have been able to get the game then how could there be issues?! They are just waiting until the right time to release it!

Reviewers are sent pre-release copies so that their reviews can go up immediately on launch day.

The person that was supposed to post the download link was about to click the submit button when someone told him there was a three-headed monkey behind him. When he turned around there was a guy with a fedora selling "these fine leather jackets"...

Thanks... but I really don't mind that it's delayed.

It's not bloody delayed! They never gave a time. They said the 7th and it is only afternoon where they are! Jeez... you're starting to annoy ME now by being annoyed yourself and posting "Worst. Release. Ever." It's not out when YOU thought it would be, that doesn't make it delayed! And stop assuming there are issues!

Archived