Home

Worst. Release. Ever.

Yarrrrgh, it doesn't work properly on my PC (horrible graphics, about 2 FPS). I half expected that, though.

Enjoy your working game, Thunderpeel, you ungrateful ladyboy

Edit: Oh, yeah, and it didn't ask for my Serial Number... weird.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, i guess it was a good thing i had low expectations, but TMI looks awesome and the music is great (if not brilliant! i love that 'remixed' theme!) the voice acting is also great!

on the highest setting (monitor native setting of 1680x1050) the game looks sharp and good.. but my pc can't handle it, when i put it on 1024x768 it gets blurry but in a good way.. which makes it look awesome!

i sure was skeptic and critical at first before release.. but now ive played it (and ive only played 3 minutes because i need to go to work now) i admit my wrong.. TMI looks awesome :) great job on a new monkey island TTG!

Elaine can't act... argh :(

Still, I'm LOVING it so far!

Really, that bad? It's an actual screen actress doing her so she ought to be pretty decent, and I thought she did a good job in the intro trailer — does it get worse?

Guess I'll find out tonight!

Really, that bad? It's an actual screen actress doing her so she ought to be pretty decent, and I thought she did a good job in the intro trailer — does it get worse?

Guess I'll find out tonight!

I don't find the actress bad in any way, it's just that she seems very out of character compared to previous games.

I think Elaine is funny. Nothing wrong with her acting to me. Much prefer her to the Escape Elaine.

Also I had no problem with the release. It came out the day they promised and was delayed a few hours due to high demand. That's all good in my books!

But I understand the frustrations of some. But waiting half a day longer is not a big deal. But since I couldn't play until 9pm anyway and it was up at 7.30pm EST, I had nothing to complain about. I was getting a little worried when I kept checking throughout the day and it still wasn't up, I was just about resigned to waiting another day for it!

Fantastic! Love it so much! :D

I don't find the actress bad in any way, it's just that she seems very out of character compared to previous games.

I think she's actually closer to her character from the first two games. Ron Gilbert said that they got Elaine wrong in CMI because she would never marry Guybrush. Also, apparently, when Ron came in to brain-storm the series, he had some input into the way they handled Elaine's character.

My favourite Elaine line in TMI:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Get a move on and stab LeChuck so we can all go home!!

And I think she's a great actress.

I think she's actually closer to her character from the first two games. Ron Gilbert said that they got Elaine wrong in CMI because she would never marry Guybrush.

Interesting stuff, where did you get that from? It's not her CHARACTER that I dislike, though, it's her line readings... although I suppose I should say that I think the voice director is often more to blame than the performers. So I may have been wrong complaining about her acting abilities.

And I think she's a great actress.

I have to wonder: Did Jake Lloyd's performance in The Phantom Menace irritate you ?

Interesting stuff, where did you get that from?

The closest I can get is this:

<Ron-G> It is true that CMI was not what I was planning, but I do think they did a pretty good job of captuing what MI was about. There were a couple of things they didn't get right that bugged me

<Ron-G> One was the relationship between GB and Elain.

<Ron-G> Elain never really liked GB and thought of him as more of a little brother.

<Ron-G> That was the thing that bugged me the most about CMI.

from http://www.scummbar.com/resources/articles/index.php?newssniffer=readarticle&article=1004

I have to wonder: Did Jake Lloyd's performance in The Phantom Menace irritate you ?

The guy who played Anakin? He was okay. Maybe a few too many "yipees"... what's the link?

So, Thunderpeel did you take your doze of medicine? :D

No, no little joke.

Now, we´ve ca. 1 month quite. :D And we can looking forward to episode 2!

I could not stop playing yesterday. :D

acting Elaine:

Hey this game is family friendly. :D

Archived