Home

Which classic games have you bought so far?

urluckyday

Which classics have you bought from Steam?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which classics have you bought from Steam?

• Armed and Dangerous
    • Indy: Fate of Atlantis
    • Indy: Last Crusade
    • Lego Indy
    • Loom
    • Star Wars Battelfront 2
    • Star Wars Republic Commando
    • Star Wars Starfighter
    • The Dig
    • Thrillville: Off the Rails

Can there be more then one option?

I bought Last Crusade and Loom (Talkie CD). I haven't played Last Crusade since I was a kid because my Classic Adventure disc got corrupted and I never owned the Loom CD so today is a very exciting day for me and my adventure games.

I plan to buy the rest at a later time only because I currently own them and can play easily via ScummVM but maybe as a gift for others.

Fate of Atlantis is where it's AT. Honestly. I bought it due to my guilty conscience about the pikey talkie copy I have (even though I bought it for the Amiga! And that was a really crap port!) and even the opening scenes reminded me what a fantastic, brooding game it is. Ooh, I want to replay it again just talking about it.

I will also end up grabbing Loom because I loved the demo when I played it as part of the adventure sampler demo (the one that included a completely remixed Monkey Island demo), but by then the time to purchase it had long since passed.

Oh, and Thrillville - as a byword for crap LucasArts original IP - could be good for a laugh!

I'll probably buy Fate of Atlantis, possibly Loom and Last Crusade. I've gotta say I hadn't really heard about Last Crusade before, but from the buzz on the board I gather it's rather good? Certainly looks like the oldest game there.

If I didn't have The Dig from the entertainment pack I bought a few years back I'd definitely get it on steam.

The only game I still own is Fate of Atlantis. I lost all of my other game CDs a long, long time ago.

So, I'll pick up Loom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and The Dig. I never owned the Loom talkie anyway, so it will be nice to have that. :)

I bought The Dig, but because that wasn't working for the first couple of hours after they uploaded it, I bought Loom to fill my evening (which, in a way, sounds incredibly sad). I'll buy both Indy's when I get back from my vacation. I only actually own Fate of Atlantis, but I lost the discs a long, long time ago, and I can't ignore them for just 4 Euro.

I wonder if they'll keep all the old point & click adventures at the same price, or if they'll make it a bit more expensive when they get to DOTT, Curse and Grim Fandango (assuming those don't get a Special Edition).

I bought LOOM & Last Crusade. I have the floppy version of the latter, and only a copy of dubious legality of the former.

Just got Indy on Wii, so will be playing FoA there (plus I have a couple of copies of the talkie on CD Rom.

As for the rest of the list, I already own:

Armed and Dangerous, Lego Indy, Star Wars Battlefront 2 (or maybe it's battlefront I - whatever), Star Wars Republic Commando, Star Wars Starfighter, The Dig (Activision rerelease from a year or so back)

And I have no interest in Thrillville.

I'm a steam newbie - how do I get into LOOM & Last Crusade's options (filtering, aspect ratio, etc?)

When the game is in windowed mode (Alt+Enter if it starts in full screen for you), click on the upper left corner of the screen. You'll get a drop down menu with all the options. All the saving and loading and whatnot is just like it was in the old days.

Hmm, the Indy games should be worth a try. Other than that, none particularly interest me, maybe Republic Commando, but I already happen to own it. I got a copy from a friend for the game and I conveniently forgot to return it to him and ended up having it forever after we separated after school. He has the manual though. :(

I bought Indy3 because my only copy of this game is on copied 3.5" disks from sometime in the early nineties. I can't seem to find the manual on Steam, though. Is it included? And if not, how are we supposed to solve the last puzzle without resorting to just saving and loading until you chance on the correct grail?

Bought Indy 3 and Loom, although I own both of them. Well I own Loom floppy version, but at this price I just had to get them and show support in hope this shows LEC that there are people who are still very much interested in their older titles.

So we could maybe, just maybe see some other classic remade in HD. Needless to say, I'm getting SoMI:SE as soon as it becomes available. Hell I'm getting another one as a present for my friend :D

I guess I'll get the 2 Indy's + Loom, most of the others I managed to get in the dvd case re-releases.

I used to have the double disc pack of Indy's and the talkie Loom cd but both seem to have disappeared along with my copy of the Curse of Monkey Island.

Wow, a new Monkey Island game would be great! Never gonna happen though. Marketplace realities and all that.

As for those games, the only one I don't have that I wanted was Republic Commando, which I've been meaning to get on PC for a while. Good timing LucasArts! Now bought.

For convenience I'll probably get Last Crusade too. All the other adventures (yes, even Talkie Loom) I've got on CD.

Starfighter and Thrillville I'm just not interested in, thanks.

Archived