Home

Tales Guybrush (retro style)

Scapetti

Yuor site is beginning to shape up nicely, though it still is a bit dull in terms of colour and layout, you could use some kind of logo, and the use of tables may also help, aspecially in that Guybrush gallery, so you don't have to scroll down as much.

You should really add all the names of the authors in that gallery btw.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yuor site is beginning to shape up nicely, though it still is a bit dull in terms of colour and layout, you could use some kind of logo, and the use of tables may also help, aspecially in that Guybrush gallery, so you don't have to scroll down as much.

You should really add all the names of the authors in that gallery btw.

Ya I know it has some work. I have been adding to it each day and I am going to find a Nice layout for it. I have a logo but Its kinda dull. I am also going to work o the walkthrough and Maps section later today. Oh and I have a question. Whats a table?

I think the problem is a lack of distinction between beard and skin. Scapetti, if you take those dark pixels either and and above of Mr. Brush's beard and change them to the slightly lighter colour that dominates most of the right side of his face, it might be a bit clearer.

I can see what you tried to do here but this just doesn't fit in with the size of the pixels. The original picture isn't even meant to be that big so you wouldn't be able to do that with the smaller size.

Ya well I am not good with pixels and stuff. I dont even own photo shop I just used MS Paint. It already looks like he has a beard anyways.

I think the problem is a lack of distinction between beard and skin. Scapetti, if you take those dark pixels either and and above of Mr. Brush's beard and change them to the slightly lighter colour that dominates most of the right side of his face, it might be a bit clearer.

Yeah, I tried that before and it looks like his neck joins straight into his head :( See if you can try fixing it :)

MS paint is more suited to pixels than Photoshop anyway :p

To get a good idea of what you're working with, Scapetti's picture would need to be shrunk by 400% (I think), and the pencil tool used.

Oh I see. I will try it. I like pixel stuff anyways. Oh I have a question. Arent the old adventure games like Secret of monkey island in pixel? Thats what I thought but my friend said no. It would be nice if you could answer. thanks. :thmbup1:

Arent the old adventure games like Secret of monkey island in pixel? Thats what I thought but my friend said no. It would be nice if you could answer. thanks. :thmbup1:

guymess.gif

His head in this picture is not considered to be "in pixel". His body is considered to be "in pixel". They both use pixels but it all depends on the resolution. If I were to make that picture smaller, his head would look like a mess (notice he has only one eye) but the body would look fine.

Considering I am using the same resolution as the original Secret of Monkey Island, then yes, Secret of Monkey Island is "in pixel".

Just to reiterate, the pixels are the squares.

(And yes, I know I made that head look awful. It was only to explain)

• 2 weeks later...

If I see this on anyone else's site without asking for my permission first, I am actually going to go mental! Can everyone take this off their fansites, thank you!

I mean heck, crediting is the LEAST you could do when you host an image without permission! :mad:

Your Guybrush sprite from this page.

Haha yeah, that's what he did. It took a while but I finally got him to stop hosting my image on his website. Hopefully any trace of it is removed now but hey, as long as I can't find my image on his site then it's okay with me...

Exactly I deleted his frigin image so he needs to leave me alone and stop acting like a child.

Purple, you should always ask to use somebody else's image on your website and get their permission before you upload it, and if they ask to have it removed you must do so ASAP. In some cases, failure to do so can get you in serious trouble.

Wanting to protect your work and be credited for what you did, is not acting like a child.

Wanting to protect your work and be credited for what you did, is not acting like a child.

You know, I thought exactly the same but I just had a 10 year veteran super moderator called GonkH8er, tell me to stop spamming because it's a "tiny crappy gif image" and that I should be "honored someone wanted to use the thing". Needless to say, I was not impressed with the moderator's approach to the situation :confused:

Sorry to split hairs here, but I'm already rather annoyed as it is and I still think I have been quite polite about the whole thing...

You know, I thought exactly the same but I just had a 10 year veteran super moderator called GonkH8er, tell me to stop spamming because it's a "tiny crappy gif image" and that I should be "honored someone wanted to use the thing". Needless to say, I was not impressed with the moderator's approach to the situation :confused:

Sorry to split hairs here, but I'm already rather annoyed as it is and I still think I have been quite polite about the whole thing...

Indeed, you have been very polite and you certainly have not been spamming. It doesn't matter if it's a "tiny crappy gif image", it's perfectly simple: You made it, so you have the right to not allow other people to use it. I think this moderators response was totally unreasonable.

Purple: You should really credit people when hosting their images etc. It's not a massively big deal, but some people can get really wound up by it (as you've seen now). In future you should write below the images "by (whoever)" to avoid all this happening again.

Scapetti: You shouldn't get so pissed off at him for this. He just wanted to create a gallery of all the pictures people made, so he did. You certainly have a right to be annoyed, but you should also recognise that purple_tentacle wasn't being malicious or anything, and his intents were perfectly positive. And let's not forget that you failed to accredit Monkey Mania in your opening post. Just sayin'.

Now then. Let's all be friends.

Scapetti: You shouldn't get so pissed off at him for this. He just wanted to create a gallery of all the pictures people made, so he did. You certainly have a right to be annoyed, but you should also recognise that purple_tentacle wasn't being malicious or anything, and his intents were perfectly positive. And let's not forget that you failed to accredit Monkey Mania in your opening post. Just sayin'.

I really wasn't that pissed off at him until he started refusing to remove it just because I didn't ask politely, when I really thought I did D: I mean yeah I was a little stern with the "credit me in future!" business but I never insulted the guy.

And then he decides to heavily insult me on PM messages, posting things like "So you go cry in a corner and stop acting like your some king around here just because you posted a pic on a thread and somone used it!!!!!!" and "You act like the British B****** you are!!!!!!"

I would recognise he wasn't being malicious if he wasn't being malicious XD

And I do believe I have nothing to credit Monkey Mania for other than the idea of making the thing. I did start off editing his version but about a third of the way through I decided to completely scrap it and start anew. So I don't actually have anything of Monkey Mania's in there other than maybe a couple of pixels in the hair but I duno :p

I don't think Monkey Mania thinks he should be credited :confused:

Yeah, this is ridiculous. Purple Tentacle had absolutely no right to insult Scapetti in that way.

There's no room for this kind of abysmal behaviour on the Mixnmojo forums -- or indeed anywhere else. There is no excuse for rudeness.

That said, a simple apology can often heal the deepest rifts. But if there is no reconciliation then we'll have no choice but to ban Purple Tentacle from these forums.

I actually am a moderator -- and I, along with the other moderators and administrators, have long been observing your actions on these forums.

The trouble is, you're not a bad person. But when it comes to the stage when you are disrupting other people's enjoyment then action has to be taken.

Unfortunately you are making it harder and harder for us to give you second chances.

I actually am a moderator -- and I, along with the other moderators and administrators, have long been observing your actions on these forums.

The trouble is, you're not a bad person. But when it comes to the stage when you are disrupting other people's enjoyment then action has to be taken.

Unfortunately you are making it harder and harder for us to give you second chances.

Well I am sorry for any disruptions on the forum. This was the wrong place to address this problem and I would like it if talk on this subject will stop. I have sent a private message to Scappeti apologizing and asking if he would get rid of the posts keaping this subject going. Its spamming up the forums and I dont want to make this a bad place for people to enjoy talking with other lucasarts fans. I have had several problems on these forums and I dont want those to affect how people treat me or address me. In this case I dont think they had any link with any past problems but If it did I dont want people to treat me any different. I have been trying my best to get along with the forum members and if it gets to out of hand I will stop talking on the forums myself just to cool down my temper and try to forget about any of this. I will try hard not to get in any other arguments and if some does address me here instead of my email I will tell them that I would feel more comfortable using email instead of using these forums and spamming up the threads to were other people dont want to post. I am truely sorry about my acctions and I am aware that you and the administrators have had problems with me before and that I am on my 3rd strike.

Thanks, purple_tentacle_. I really appreciate the effort you're taking to be part of this community, and I'm sure that we can all get along.

I mean, if we can't sort out our differences here, what hope do we have for the wider world?

Thanks again for being so mature. I think that taking short breaks from these forums if you're feeling overly angry is a good idea -- and let me know if you think you're being treated unfairly, and I promise to support you in a fair way.

Archived