Home

I Quit...

Q

Congratulations on quiting your use of the radioactive dirt sticks the modern world excuses as tobacco. Did you know that a carton of cigarettes contains enough latent radiation to turn a gecko into Godzilla, Queen of the lizards?

That's not actually true, it only makes it look like Anthony Hopkins in The Elephant Man.

I'm a little over a year off the habit myself, I feel lighter than air and oxygen has a taste again. Even smog feels fresh.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are surprisingly few films about the Punic Wars, and none of them involve the lead characters smoking.

Oh wow, that was just genius. Glad to see you come back in a fury of cleverly thought out humor and wit.

Okay I've got someone who's been smoking a long time and I've made the suggestion 'that they might want to consider trying something' to give up smoking. I didn't exactly go into great detail, but the instant I brought up a medication, the idea was dismissed out of hand by this person.

I would say that he would like to stop smoking, and would do it if he knew it would work. But if they are hesitant to try something like this, would I be any more likely to convince him by pressing the issue? He didn't seem interested in so much as hearing of the drug and I can't exactly recommend it myself... since I've never taken it.

Any suggestions or ideas about this? I want him to stop, but I don't think he'd believe me enough to try it.

chantix can cause suicidal behavior and "abnormal dreams" which i have been told are like going on an acid trip while you sleep.

Seeing as last night I dreamt I was standing in a room full of people who's teeth fell out one tooth by one, I'm sure I wouldn't notice the 'abnormal dreams'

So there are people who can verify the side effects?

I really would like at least one person I know to at least try this drug, but I really don't know how to convince him that it would be worth the risk taking it for a while. If he complains about the high costs of cigarettes, then I would like to convince at least someone I know to try this. Most I've suggested it to are hesitant to consider anything like Chantix.

Archived