Home

Hey everybody. I was recently looking around on some other tech forums and discovered a thread that was titled "Stream Netflix Video Via Wii?". It wasnt all that interesting. But I happend to notice they werent talking about a future Netflix channel butt streaming through the Netflix website using the Internet channel. I read a little more and they said that it isnt possible with the old version of the Opera Browser. So I decided to try it out for myself (With the latest version of the channel). I bought the internet channel on the wii shop channel and I started it up. I signed up for the netflix free trial and got started. It ends up that the new version supports video unlike the free version. So I guess what I am trying to say is that it is possible.

Hey everybody I thought I would add in the link to the website and sources.

Heres the site that gave me the Idea: http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2007-01/question-of-the-day-stream-netflix-video-via-wii/

Netflix: http://www.netflix.com/

Here is how U can get all this for yourself:

Requirements:

• Nintendo Wii
  • Latest Wii updates
  • Wii points
  • Computer
  • Internet channel

Step 1. Turn on your wii and selct the wii shop channel. Download the latest updates for wii.

Step 2. Now add wii points to the Wii shop channel. You can do this through the channel itself or buy a points card at a local Target or Walmart.

Step 3. Now turn on your comoputer and go to the Netflix website. On the right there will be a box that says free trial. Enter your email and select a password. Or you can sign up with Netflix for the $12.99 a month plan (In order to download movies off there website you have to atleast select the $12.99 a month or more.).

Step 4. Now that you are signed up with netflix go back to your wii shop channel and buy the Internet channel with the wii points you loaded on in step 2. Now you should be done. Just select the wii shop channel go to netflix.com and load up your movie.

HINT: When you go to netflix.com on the internet channel select the star and the bottom of the browser and select the plus to favorite it. Now it will be eisier to acsses and it will be quiker.

HINT: You can plug a keyboard with a usb tip into the wii to make it eisier to surf the web from your couch.

Archived