Home

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Sabretooth

Episode 1 out now, watch it you people.

c20090318taffuji02cs1w1.jpg

Replaces Eden of the East on the noitaminA slot, so that means that it is awesome. Mirai (life-sucks-teenager) and her younger brother (enthusiastic-younger-brother-guy) are spending boring summer vacations at a robot exhibition when the unthinkable happens, the whole of Tokyo is struck by an earthquake measuring nothing short of 8.0 on the Richter Scale. :eek:

Will the two kids survive along with a totally hot delivery woman named Mari? Will I have Rule 34 on Mari in under two weeks? Was the earthquake actually an attack by North Korea? This and more questions to be answered on the next episode of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.

(On a side-note, the co-production is by the guys that made Wolf's Rain, but no Yoko Kanno :( )

Really love the first episode, very homely and natural/realistic feel to the characters. Since there won't be any giant robots or special forces anytime soon, I'm very interested in this and will see through to the end.

OP was kinda boring IMO (and not very inspiring, earthquake destruction is a great sight, but more depressing than exciting). ED was better, I think I'll get used to it.

On a side-note, I also expect the story-ish to go like Cloverfield, minus the America.

Edit: You see a Statue of Liberty replica at the end of the first episode, as the earthquake strikes. CLOVERFIELD REFERENCE?!?!?!

• 1 month later...

Archived