Home

Google Wave

Jeff

Has anyone here heard of this before? I just found out about it yesterday and it looks amazing. Basically, it is the future of email/online collaboration. Instead of having individual emails, docs, and conversations, you have waves which can function as all of these and probably more as I haven't finished watching the demo video yet.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

You can check out the homepage for it here: Google Wave Preview

It's supposed to come out later this year, I am looking forward to it. Google is taking over the world.

It seems like a rather inventive system, although I still can't fathom how it would exactly work, and how it would be remotely possible for any user to keep track of every single edit, and how one could discern a shorter "IM" from a longer "E-mail". As with almost any other "innovative" social networking and comms. client, I'm skeptical, but that could change.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not willing to watch a one hour video

Shows the double standard YT has for its own staff or something bigwig (I think google and YT are essential co-op entities if not one huge conglomo by now), but the moment a regular joe is complained about, that guy is *trashed*. It's so damn hypocritical--but that's life I guess.

Shows the double standard YT has for its own staff or something bigwig (I think google and YT are essential co-op entities if not one huge conglomo by now), but the moment a regular joe is complained about, that guy is *trashed*. It's so damn hypocritical--but that's life I guess.

Eh, I love google, so I'm not opposed to their new stuff. I've been using Google Chrome full-time for over a year, dropped Firefox for it. Plus I have the GMail and GTalk, and I can't wait for the Google OS. I don't have the attention span for an hour long video, but I do love google. :)

Archived